Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Follow-up on Bridge/merge to HDR pro question...Found the glitch!  (Read 1085 times)

Patricia Sheley

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1112

Have absolutely no reason why this should happen but was using the Bridge /image processor this morning to quickly batch some jpgs needing to go out...noticed that to do those email files I check the "convert to sRGB" box...hmmm...that can't be the reason can it....?   Well when I finished, unchecked the box , tested one file , it converted to my preferred ProPhoto...so grabbed a couple random files to put through HDR Pro and voila...no longer is my master file being converted to sRGB... Just can't understand why the image processor setting should be sticky to HDR Pro...anyway...thanks to anyone who tried to give this some thought...

There should be a note in the Ultimate Workshop book to uncheck evrything when you finish elswhere...(to protect anyone else with my ineptnitudes...is that even a word?)
Logged
A common woman~

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Follow-up on Bridge/merge to HDR pro question...Found the glitch!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 09:31:15 am »

That's why I love Lightroom, Pat. If you set up presets carefully, for just about anything, you can rely on them working when you need them. In PS I have wasted many sheets of paper because I assumed that either the printer driver or the PS settings would or would not be sticky in a given situation. Now I do all my printing in LR.

I'm glad you found the fix.

Eric
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Patricia Sheley

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1112
Re: Follow-up on Bridge/merge to HDR pro question...Found the glitch!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 05:09:35 pm »

Thanks Eric! Me too... I've faithfully kept Lightroom up to date for years but embarassed to say have never fit it into my workflow...(old dog problem?) and now as I am frantically trying to find the time to lay new timbers for the next room of my life had not even considered a change...this might give me the shove I need....

What I would really love to do is to be part of one of the PODAS workshops...get the 180 back in my hands with a 23mm...Looking around at my beloved paintings trying to decide if this is the time to let one go...I think having the benefit of one of the workshops one would know instantly if the fit was right...(I've never really forgiven myself for selling the speed graphic)
Logged
A common woman~
Pages: [1]   Go Up