Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP 24" Drive Belt Replacement Video  (Read 38511 times)

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
Re: HP 24" Drive Belt Replacement Video
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2011, 03:22:12 am »

I would certainly agree, just based on my low usage compared to the others here alone!

walter.sk

« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2011, 02:00:32 pm »

Just replaced the Service Station, which worked.  Here is the readout from my printer, which is still having severe problems (see link, below.)

Total Printer Media: 113.02 m2 / 1216.5 ft2 
Belt Usage (# of cycles): 128407
Total Ink Usage: 2120cc.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=53177.0

JGBradley

« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2011, 12:55:08 am »

You guys scared me enough to check the belt on my 24".  It gets very light use, the only way I could justify it was that 1/2 price sale HP Canada had a few years ago.  The belt looks fine assuming that the cogs don't go all the way around.  They don't do they ? ???
Thanks
Jim

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2011, 01:08:18 am »

What, your cogs fell off?  Usually they leave lengthwise grooves when they fall off.  See any?

Actually, that is how they are designed.  If you don't see any fraying or find any little black specs under it, you are fine, although light use didn't stop the used printer I recently bought from having the same issues.  Is is time and distance related degradation.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

JGBradley

« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2011, 02:26:10 pm »

Thanks Ron.  I saw the lengthwise grooves on the top, kinda thought that was the design. No obvious fraying and maybe a few specs so for now I'll just keep my fingers crossed.  Wonder if its more a enviormental thing, heat/ humidty.  I live in a fairly benign climate.
Jim

What, your cogs fell off?  Usually they leave lengthwise grooves when they fall off.  See any?

Actually, that is how they are designed.  If you don't see any fraying or find any little black specs under it, you are fine, although light use didn't stop the used printer I recently bought from having the same issues.  Is is time and distance related degradation.

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2011, 02:38:56 pm »

Entirely possible that there is an environmental component.  The active volcano in my backyard spews a lot of gasses, so along with the high humidity, I probably have more environmental factors than most places.  I know our vog degrades OBAs faster than average, so neoprene may be the same story.  Just take a closer look at your belt at the first sign of uninked specks on your prints, as that is the first sign of belt failure.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

Damir

« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2011, 07:40:13 pm »

It may be that some component of ink that evaporate inside housing react with the belt and destroy material from which the belt is made. As printer is doing slef test and cleaning cycles there is alway some ink vapour inside the box. It is clear that after some time belt starts to dissintegrate regerdless of how much someone print.

Damir

« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2011, 11:28:55 am »

Well - interesting that I also started to get some specks on my prints this week.
I have 372097 belt usage cycles,
printed 607,62 sq meters or 6540,4 sq ft with total number of 2151 prints
and approx 5600 ml of ink.

When I open front cover belt looks good but behind him on the metal plate there was a lot of rubber specks.

Damir

« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2011, 11:36:38 am »

I decide to clean this, as it is obvious that they fall to paper from this place. When I close the front lid printer made self checking by driving the heads all the way to the left, at that moment I switched printer off, open the lid again and have completly different picture of belt. It does not looks very nice like in the previous post.

After some thinking what to do I hook it with my fingertip, stretch it a little bit and releise it, I did it several times - now I had specks all over the metal plate, and different strucutre of the belt.

Damir

« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2011, 11:45:09 am »

I hope that that I removed all material that had intention to fall from the belt in near future. Now it is time to clean interior. I made my cleaning device by drilling the hole in the small plastic cup, put the straw in the hole and fix it by gluing gun. That constructon goes over my home vacuum cleaner, no need for specail attachment system, vacuum is enough to hold it. Now with the tip of the straw I clean all interior of printer. As you can see, it is clean now. I made several test prints and everything is OK for now, no more specks. But belt will obviously need a replacement in nearby future.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2011, 01:18:14 pm »

Don't bother with the cleaning - trust me, been there done that.  I made a similar contraption with tubes and sucked everything out.  Once you see specs, there is no point, it will continue and self destruct shortly.  Replace now and save yourself the money and time.

Damir

« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2011, 06:16:40 am »

Thank you for advice, I already contacted service and they ordered replacement belt, but until it comes printer works OK for now, cleaning enable me to continue working till replacement.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up