Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View NX2 (saving edited files and setting display profile)  (Read 7686 times)

Aristoc

View NX2 (saving edited files and setting display profile)
« on: November 23, 2010, 02:53:17 pm »

In my latest version of view nx2 i am wondering if the display profile box is suppose to be empty under the colour management tab ?  I have followed through with the display profile button but nothing happens. My monitor is hardware calibrated. In windows colour managment my latest monitor profile is listed and automatically set as default.

I dont know why this box is empty and if  I can change it.

Also, how do you go about "saving as" an edited image in view nx2? the save disk button appears grayed out. I usually only use Capture NX2 and CS5 as my editors but wanted to set up View NX2 .

Thanks

Graystar

Re: View NX2 (saving edited files and setting display profile)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 03:57:21 pm »

I don’t know how it works on the Mac, but in Windows 7 ViewNX will get the monitor profile from Windows.  In fact, don’t select one of the new WCS profiles for your monitor because ViewNX will crash when trying to load it.  You have to use a .icc or .icm profile.

To "save as" you select your images and use the Convert function.  Save your updates first.

Aristoc

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 04:17:41 pm »

Hi
Im using windows 7, but my display profile box ..in View NX 2 , is alway blank.

Graystar

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 04:44:10 pm »

Im using windows 7, but my display profile box ..in View NX 2 , is alway blank.

Yes.  Like I said...ViewNX gets the necessary information from Windows.  You don't need to select anything within ViewNX.  That's why the button takes you to the monitor management dialog of Windows.

But within Windows Color Management, you want to make sure that the calibration tool you're using doesn't create a Windows Color System profile.  The profile has to be a .icc or a .icm profile.

Aristoc

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 07:58:35 pm »

Oh OK so the box should be empty then , as in my attached image above. I get it. thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up