Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera Raw 6.1 release candidate  (Read 13107 times)

rogan

Camera Raw 6.1 release candidate
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 10:23:24 am »

After installing, a couple of questions.
1 I set my brushes to precise and when I paint the brush edges disappear in CS% but didn't before. Is this a bug?
2 When switching color modes the image for a split seconds turns a weird color and then goes back to what it should look like. Makes comparisons very difficult. Is this a bug? Can't imagine what good this could be
Thanks

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2010, 06:39:05 am »

Quote from: Dinarius
Ben,

You're right!  

I don't apply by default. I apply manually, as in, I tick Enable Lens Profile Corrections and make the relevant selections.

I've just tried working on a file without the lens corrections in place and it's a smooth as glass!

So, the solution seems to be to apply the lens corrections at the very end of the workflow, just before saving out the file.

Thanks!

D.

Just processed a full wedding in ACR 6.1 so I have more of an idea. It seems, at least for me, that the sharpening of the preview (at all zooms) is what is really slowing ACR down. Using the Local Adjustment Brush I'm having to wait for a couple of seconds to see the effect of what I've just painted which is annoying as heck as it's no longer real time. Makes it very very hard to do. I can see ACR apply the brush then apply the sharpening and it's just taking too long.

Does anyone know if there is any way to switch off the sharpening except at 100% like in the old ACR? I know it makes for a more accurate preview which I enjoy but it's making using some tools almost unworkeable.

I also have the dreaded semi circle brush. In CS4 this problem disappeared by disabling GPU, it's disabled in CS5 but I still have the problem.

Few other niggles, you can't save '2003 processing' as a default, it's significantly slower to open RAW files from ACR to PS, etc.

Sigh..

That said, Lens correction tools are very very nice to have, having the automatic vignetting correction as well as distortion was a real treat! The colour even with my old profiles is a lot better especially in the faces and mixed lighting, adobe's weak point in the past IMO. I don't want to go back but I do want it to work as well as CS4 without the problems such as lag and half circles.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 07:02:03 am by Ben Rubinstein »

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2010, 04:36:33 pm »

2nd Wedding processed and it's remarkably slow, especially when PS is batching files in the background and the Local Adjustment Brush is painful to use due to the huge lag and the half circle brush. I'm comparing to CS4.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 04:38:13 pm by Ben Rubinstein »

AFairley

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2010, 08:57:15 pm »

Ben, I read somewhere (might even have been in this thread?) that the lens corrections can really slow things down, so you should do lens corrections after you have done all your other adjustmetns.  I know that I have experienced the same redraw lag that is extrememly annoying since you can't judge the effect of what you are doing while you are doing it. And I'm on a fairly speedy quad core too.  I have not yet had the chance to test out my theory, but it could be a starting point for you.

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 07:43:14 am »

Got a 3rd wedding I need to process today (been backing up ), I'll try turning off the lens corrections first. I'll report back.

TKTeo

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2010, 10:43:56 pm »

Hello everyone. I have a question about using DNG Converter 5.x now that Photoshop CS5, Camera Raw 6.x and DNG Converter 6.x have been released.

I have lots of DNG files that were converted using DNG Converter 5.4 up till 5.7. I have been post processing in Photoshop CS4, but now that CS5 has been released, I am thinking of upgrading in order to use the improved noise reduction.

My question is: will I be able to re-post-process the DNG files converted using DNG Converter 5.4 to 5.7, using Photoshop CS5 and Camera Raw 6.x, and be able to take advantage of the improvements in the 6.x versions?

Or do I need to convert all my original raw files using DNG Converter 6.x?

Please let me know if I have not described my situation properly. Thank you.

Richowens

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2010, 11:03:23 pm »

TK,

You do not need to reconvert your files. They will work just fine in 6.1 as they are.

Rich
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:03:42 pm by Richowens »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up