Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad H4D-40 to be launched on Feb 10th  (Read 86091 times)

pcunite

Hasselblad H4D-40 to be launched on Feb 10th
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2010, 09:47:12 pm »

Quote from: bcooter
I don't care bout' cameras, don't care about selling cameras, I just don't want a camera to get in the way.

Neither do I! If you care about cameras then your just a button pusher... the technology has arrived... it does not matter... when it does the client will let you know... we make images... moving or still... we are directors of color and of light and of message... not directors of tech... tech is a phone call away... look, talent, image that is what your for... don't get traped in the web (club) of camera logos and OCD pixel this and that...

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2010, 11:02:08 pm »

Quote from: pcunite
Neither do I! If you care about cameras then your just a button pusher... the technology has arrived... it does not matter... when it does the client will let you know... we make images... moving or still... we are directors of color and of light and of message... not directors of tech... tech is a phone call away... look, talent, image that is what your for... don't get traped in the web (club) of camera logos and OCD pixel this and that...

That was pretty much my point. I don't want multiple systems and multiple crap all over the place to deal with it. One system that get's it all done for me is all I care about. The direction maybe moving and if that is the case and i want to go in that direction it would certainly be a system dedicated to it where it makes sense and I can charge accordingly for that type of work.  I just want a system that works every time I pick it up and every time I go to process I don't have to play games with processing. To me C1 is the best in the business and what I have grown to use since the 1ds days. Makes it even better when the back is tuned to it and I really like the files from the P40+. I have absolutely no desire at all to shoot 35mm and that is MY preference. I would rather just shoot which is all I really care about anyway.

Not to say I don't like new gear and technology, I think it is important that we stay in tune with technology and aware of what it brings to your palette.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 11:20:21 pm by Guy Mancuso »
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2010, 12:23:00 am »

Quote from: aaanorton
Some users want live view, do they? No problem!
"Hasselblad today announces another first in the world, sure to revolutionize the way every human being thinks about photography (our 3rd this fiscal quarter!). Pro photographers want to see what their cameras see, as if looking through the eyes of their camera's eyes, through their own eyes. But really pro photographers don't have time to waste looking at all the bad frames of traditional "live view" systems. For this level of professional pro, we offer a solution: the all new Hasselblad PhineView ™. With PhineView ™, pro-pros can professionally select the precise frame or frames they wish to preview by simply pressing the PhineView ™ trigger on our all new PhineView ™-enabled H4D grip. This single action launches into action the entire PhineView ™ preview acquisition system, which displays on the LCD or tethered display a full resolution live view preview, a mere 2-5 seconds later! Want more PhinePhrames to compare? The PhineView ™ trigger allows one Phrame every 1.6 seconds to satisfy even the most demanding pro. Hasselblad PhineView: Stop wasting precious time watching frames that aren't any good and put the selection of the good frames back in the hands of a pro."

lol

Ryan Grayley

• RGB Arts Ltd
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2010, 01:52:24 am »

Quote from: bcooter
You can live in the past, present, or future.

http://eu.wrangler.com/bluebell/

BC

Hmm, this reminds me of a UK advert from a year or two ago.

http://www.sarahsstory.org.uk/

Sorry if this is a bit off topic.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 02:00:37 am by Ionaca »
Ryan Grayley BA IEng MIET ARPS
RGB Arts Ltd, London, UK

tho_mas

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2010, 03:23:56 am »

Quote from: Ionaca
Hmm, this reminds me of a UK advert from a year or two ago.
hmm, I think you are confusing the blue tones with the content and the conceptual idea.

Guy Mancuso

« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2010, 07:45:48 am »

Quote from: John-S
But having the tech be the "top billing" in presenting a photo business doesn't jibe with saying you agree with pcunite's comments:

"Specializing in
High Resolution
Digital Photography

Resourceful and
up-to-date, with the
latest in photographic
digital processes and
graphic design. Guy
and his portfolio reflect
what he does best -
deliver for his clients."

Nothing more than a reasonable observation. Selling ourselves on tech makes us a button pusher, no getting around that. Tech is dime a dozen. Tech is democratized now in the 35mm format and MFDB world as well. Whether a photographer, digital tech or assistant can handle the technology, a client doesn't care.

Old web site for sure but no matter how you slice it you have to market yourself as well as that you are in the know of the latest technology and clients do care about that. People fail to realize that many clients one  shoots images on the weekend with there Canons, Nikons Oly's and such as well. How many art directors turn shooter, how many models turn shooter. That list is pretty good size. Obviously client buys what you do and some of this does not matter when it comes to gear when they are pouring over the images. But they do care you are up to date with the technology and such regardless if you have a team behind you or not WE still control that team of people that support us. On every set we are still the ring leaders that control the image. It has a lot to do with gear on everyones level on set. It needs to work , needs to produce and needs to be accurate.

I actually have clients that know exactly what cam i have in my hand and know the tech. specs as well. It's not all art directors out there driving this business . I have tons of corporate clients with REAL rocket science people. No shit they do build space stuff I kid you not. LOL

We all have different markets for sure and I don't shoot for the Gap, I work mostly in the tech business.

In this case Hassy comes out with a 40 mpx back that actually looks pretty darn good but end of the day we have to buy it or not so we ALL are dealing with some amount of decisions on what gear will work the best for us. Sorry guy's but we all have some geek in us or we would not be shooting digital to begin with. We hear it everyday why am i using this over this for this type of work. Regardless we as shooters still are deciding those purchases. No one is making those decisions for us.

I think the real button line here is making a purchase that makes our life's easier to work with and let's us get away from the technical stuff when we have the cam in our hand so we can concentrate on the art. Totally agree with that but bottom line we are the ones still making that BUY decision. Just can't say the technical part is up to your team, not all of use teams and camera choices are very personal to ones comfort level. I think people forget you still have to walk onto the set with something in your hands and that decision as to what you show up still rests with the photographer. No team is going to help you there. BTW last I looked it still is our bank account that gets that hit as well. Be it we move to movement or not there is a technology behind getting that image to clients eye's.

Anyway have fun I have to go visit a team of doctors at the hospital. Sure hope the hell they know what there doing and have the proper gear to get it done correctly. Ripping my 19 year old tonsils out , this should be a fun week.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 07:47:24 am by Guy Mancuso »

Guy Mancuso

« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2010, 08:13:00 am »

Anyway this Hassy 40 looks pretty good and I been very impressed with the 6 micron sensors so far and these latest sensors from Kodak and Dalsa. This is basically the same sensor as the S2 with a Kodak 6 micron with micro lenses . The Phase P40+ is different as it is a Dalsa 6 micron without micro lenses. One thing I have noticed with the 6 microns is moire is better than the older 6.8 micron sensors. It still is there but it is a smaller pattern and easier to correct. Also the 6 micron sensors seem to work very well with our current lenses at least for me on the Phase side this seems to be true . I would expect the same on the Hassy side as well. Also noticed noise levels are just much better over the current crop of 31mpx sensors. Obviously no one has tried the Hassy 40 but I would expect these traits as well in the H40. The bottom line if no one noticed these new 6 microns will be pushing the older Kodak 6.8 sensors out the door and now 3 systems that share these 6 micron sensors. Anyway Jack and I did review the S2 and P40+ together and you can go read that to get some idea on the performance side of these new 40mpx sensors , the S2 is 37mpx but the same sensors as this H40 it seems. There maybe some Hassy tricks in this not sure and have to see what they have done but my bet Hassy did a nice job on this back. Frankly I like to see these types of choices out there. May not be what everybody wants or needs but hey what else is new in any system. Also one other note all of the system using this seem to be faster shooting as well. I know i picked up shooting speed of back with mine and I think this Hassy is 1.1 seconds but I will let the Hassy folks talk about that stuff since hassy is a little foreign to me with regards to the specs.

gwhitf

« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2010, 08:20:58 am »

Quote from: Guy Mancuso
I just want a system that works every time I pick it up and every time I go to process I don't have to play games with processing.

Uh, weren't you the guy that posted the long story about his Mamiya 645 blowing a tire in the middle of a job, and you didn't even bother bringing a backup body, so you had to drive back home in the middle of the job to get the other one? Reliable, huh?

Guy Mancuso

« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2010, 09:02:05 am »

Quote from: gwhitf
Uh, weren't you the guy that posted the long story about his Mamiya 645 blowing a tire in the middle of a job, and you didn't even bother bringing a backup body, so you had to drive back home in the middle of the job to get the other one? Reliable, huh?

Shit Happens with anything. It was not the back but a AFDIII and my fault left my backup body home. Sure and we all shot at a high ISO by accident. Point being where human.

gwhitf

« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2010, 09:53:49 am »

Back to Hasselblad: This is what I had hoped to see after the Ball dropped on New Years Eve, below on the right -- larger viewfinder; larger LCD; 22 megapixels that would open in any software; Vertical Grip for advertising photographers. Who cares what is costs; if they made it right, it would sell. They have already covered the megapixel race, for those guys that want to walk up to the 30x40 sunset shot from three inches away, and say, "Wow, look at how sharp that tree branch is". What is needed now is a more portable, smaller-file, faster-to-process type camera, for commercial photographers. At least that's what I need. I'm sick of the awful CA in these Canon files. The other massive issue, to me, is autofocus, due to the miniscule tolerances now, with digital. Maybe this Hasselblad invention really does it; time will tell.

I am waiting for the excellent piece of retouching to make it into photoshopdisasters.blogspot.com. How 'bout that cloning technique?

« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:37:08 am by gwhitf »

tho_mas

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2010, 10:32:08 am »

This is what I had hoped to see
I like that :-)
Maybe for Hasselblad a rotating sensor (like in the latest Leaf back) would be nicer and maybe even easier to produce.
Probably not for the Multishot backs (I've no idea) but for the single shot.
You still could use the waist level finder.
When the finder mask would change accordingly it would be even better...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 10:33:19 am by tho_mas »

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2010, 10:42:49 am »

Back to Hasselblad: Vertical Grip for advertising photographers. Maybe this Hasselblad invention really does it; time will tell.
The side-handle grip was a disaster in the first place...
¿remember the pistol grip they made in the '70s?
... with the centre of gravity above the hand?
... making singel-handed operation easy?
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

gwhitf

« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2010, 10:48:44 am »

Quote from: Dick Roadnight
The side-handle grip was a disaster in the first place...
¿remember the pistol grip they made in the '70s?

The grip for the 503CW was awesome.

The goiter that sticks out of the side of the 203FE is the worst ever.

The grip for the H body is slightly behind the 203FE goiter.

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2010, 10:59:26 am »

Quote from: tho_mas
I like that :-)
Maybe for Hasselblad a rotating sensor (like in the latest Leaf back) would be nicer and maybe even easier to produce.
Probably not for the Multishot backs (I've no idea) but for the single shot.
You still could use the waist level finder.
When the finder mask would change accordingly it would be even better...
If you wanted a rotating 6 * 4.5 sensor, you could not get it into the current 6*4.5 body... they would have to re-invent the 6* 6 body, and I cannot see them doing that.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

BJNY

« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2010, 11:21:11 am »

IMHO, the best camera design for horizontal/vertical use:
[attachment=19958:LeafAFi_II.jpg]

The least kludgiest.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 12:37:13 pm by BJNY »
Guillermo

gss

« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2010, 11:49:30 am »

If you wanted a rotating 6 * 4.5 sensor, you could not get it into the current 6*4.5 body... they would have to re-invent the 6* 6 body, and I cannot see them doing that.

I'd be happy with a right-angle waist-level finder for the H* cameras.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:50:31 am by gss »

tho_mas

« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2010, 11:59:38 am »

true. not even the cropped backs... so for instance the new 40MP sensor?

vandevanterSH

« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2010, 12:10:39 pm »

The grip for the 503CW was awesome.

The goiter that sticks out of the side of the 203FE is the worst ever.

The grip for the H body is slightly behind the 203FE goiter.
[attachment=19957:__1_of_1_.jpg]

Steve

BJL

« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2010, 01:24:24 pm »

True so long as it needs a mirror for the VF. A mirrorless (CMOS, real LiveView) MF system could probably handle a rotating sensor more easily, if that ever comes.

Nick-T

« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2010, 02:27:17 pm »

Quote from: KLaban
Here's an idea, instead of beating up Hasselblad for not delivering a camera to your personal specifications why not beat up Canon for delivering sick files?

I have spoken to Hasselblad and they are going to employ a special team to make a camera to Mr Tucker's exact specifications.
As Mr Tucker's specifications change daily I'm sure they will be very busy.

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up