When will come out?
BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO

DanielStone

CS5?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 01:41:31 am »

I'm sorry,

but that video scares the living dig shite out of me  

I don't use PS that much, just for basic stuff. I got CS4 cheap through school, and its WAAAAY more than I might ever need....

but then again, most people who are buying PS these days AREN'T pro's, but amateurs with fat wallets... so Adobe has to include this kind of stuff to 'appease the beast' so to speak

-Dan

sniper

CS5?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 02:35:17 am »

I have heard April mentioned but only time will tell really.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
CS5?
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 07:34:21 pm »

Quote from: DanielStone
I'm sorry,

I don't use PS that much, just for basic stuff. I got CS4 cheap through school, and its WAAAAY more than I might ever need....

but then again, most people who are buying PS these days AREN'T pro's, but amateurs with fat wallets... so Adobe has to include this kind of stuff to 'appease the beast' so to speak

-Dan

If you are going to consume bandwidth and peoples' time on a web forum routinely visited by many experienced and educated photographers, learn what you are talking about before rolling drivel off your fingers onto a keyboard.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

fjmcsu

CS5?
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 11:04:15 am »

CS5/Extended  available as download today(upgrade only):

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshop/

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
CS5?
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 11:47:30 am »

Quote from: fjmcsu

Guess you didn't read the page...it was announced today and expected to ship by mid May, 2010. They never ship on the same day of the announcement...it's always 30-40 days after the announce. Pre-order is available as of today...

fjmcsu

CS5?
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 11:59:25 am »

Quote from: Schewe
Guess you didn't read the page...it was announced today and expected to ship by mid May, 2010. They never ship on the same day of the announcement...it's always 30-40 days after the announce. Pre-order is available as of today...

I actually went to order the upgrade & it asked for the money & stated method of delivery as download as opposed to the non-upgrade path which has to be pre-ordered! Oh well I was planning later this evening to actually download it! I guess I will wait !

Raw shooter

CS5?
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 11:59:38 am »

I'm sorry,

-Dan

Couldn't disagree more.  Can't believe that you wrote this.  Most photogs I know couldn't live without PSx and ACRx.

ddk

• http://www.pbase.com/ddk
CS5?
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 01:07:11 pm »

Quote from: fjmcsu

Everything is a pre-order, nothing to download today.
david
-----------------------
www.pbase.com/ddk

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
CS5?
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 05:41:06 pm »

Adobe Photoshop CS5 Feature Tour
http://tv.adobe.com/show/photoshop-cs5-feature-tour/

I took a look at a number of these videos today and I must admit I am amazed of what Photoshop CS5 will be offering
The enhanced selection tool is awesome.

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
CS5?
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 06:01:58 pm »

Quote from: StuartOnline
Adobe Photoshop CS5 Feature Tour
http://tv.adobe.com/show/photoshop-cs5-feature-tour/

I took a look at a number of these videos today and I must admit I am amazed of what Photoshop CS5 will be offering
The enhanced selection tool is awesome.

Thanks for the link, I only could find some generic marketing clips, these are more in-depth.

The content-aware fill clip looks like an April Fool's joke, it's so freaky. I saw that demoed a few years ago and can't believe it's ready for prime time already.

daws

CS5?
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 07:45:52 pm »

I'm sorry,

-Dan
Damn. Half an hour ago I ate a nice lunch at my desk -- roast beef on rye, French fries, Coke -- and now I have to squeegee it off my monitor.

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
CS5?
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 08:00:32 pm »

Quote from: feppe
Thanks for the link, I only could find some generic marketing clips, these are more in-depth.

The content-aware fill clip looks like an April Fool's joke, it's so freaky. I saw that demoed a few years ago and can't believe it's ready for prime time already.

Content aware fill is as good as it looks. It saves hours of post editing time and is surprisingly accurate. Content aware is also an option for the healing brush tool in CS5 which I personally find to be very useful.
Gerald J Skrocki

AJPacheco

CS5?
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 11:00:15 pm »

pre=ordered boxed version today;upgrade from CS2) ...estimated availability is April 29.

daws

CS5?
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 03:28:21 am »

Quote from: AJPacheco
pre=ordered boxed version today;upgrade from CS2) ...estimated availability is April 29.

As excited as I am about CS5, I'll hold back and monitor the forums for a month or two after its release before deciding if it's safe to join the party.

I was one of the many who enthusiastically leaped into CS4, only to suffer months of tech tortures and productivity hits (and ultimately having to revert to CS3) before the 11.0.1 fix was released.  

Philmar

• Office drone by day - Photoenthusiast on weekends
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/phil_marion/albums
CS5?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 05:10:27 pm »

Quote from: MarkDS
If you are going to consume bandwidth and peoples' time on a web forum routinely visited by many experienced and educated photographers, learn what you are talking about before rolling drivel off your fingers onto a keyboard.
I don't see what's so offensive about what he wrote. He didn't say professional photographers don't use or need Photoshop. Nor did he suggest that only amateurs use it. He suggested that the majority of the people that DO use Photoshop are non-pros with fat wallets. I am one such person. I am a photo-enthusiast that uses CS4. I could make do with Elements and either DPP, LR or GIMP but can afford CS5. I am not a pro. I am one such 'amateur with a big fat wallet". Photoshop definitely IS much more than what I need. I imagine there are more people like me using photoshop than there are people who make their living selling photographs.

And if I am wrong, then I am wrong. But to suggest that view is drivel and a waste of people's time and bandwidth is rather rude. Or maybe I'm missing something?

AJPacheco

CS5?
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 10:31:07 pm »

Quote from: daws
As excited as I am about CS5, I'll hold back and monitor the forums for a month or two after its release before deciding if it's safe to join the party.
I was one of the many who enthusiastically leaped into CS4, only to suffer months of tech tortures and productivity hits (and ultimately having to revert to CS3) before the 11.0.1 fix was released.  

I also gave CS4 a try for a bit, crashed & burned so many times I felt the Red Baron was on my tail.
But I was in the industry for four decades and spent a few of them doing some cutting edge programming so I know how it feels to get a great idea, implement it, and then see it fall flat; (like the use of the graphics processor to assist in computations....a dangerous stairway)
I believe the youngsters now doing the work at Adobe will fix any goofs quickly and upgrades will be solid. After all, I think I've downloaded dozens of upgrades and fixes for Windows7 and it only gets stronger.

jeremyrh

CS5?
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 07:36:09 am »

Quote from: Philmar
I don't see what's so offensive about what he wrote. He didn't say professional photographers don't use or need Photoshop. Nor did he suggest that only amateurs use it. He suggested that the majority of the people that DO use Photoshop are non-pros with fat wallets. I am one such person. I am a photo-enthusiast that uses CS4. I could make do with Elements and either DPP, LR or GIMP but can afford CS5. I am not a pro. I am one such 'amateur with a big fat wallet". Photoshop definitely IS much more than what I need. I imagine there are more people like me using photoshop than there are people who make their living selling photographs.

And if I am wrong, then I am wrong. But to suggest that view is drivel and a waste of people's time and bandwidth is rather rude. Or maybe I'm missing something?
I think you're spot on. My wallet is not so fat, but fat enough to afford PS even though, in moments of rational thought, I confess to not really needing it.

RichGibson

CS5?
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 09:23:39 am »

I received an eMail from Amazon yesterday saying the arrival date had been moved up from July 2 to May 27.

Pete Ferling

CS5?
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 09:35:19 am »

I work in PS/LR daily for my job and I really wasn't that excited about CS4, I still use CS3 on my laptop and I hate to say it, I like CS3 better - its more stable for me.

Generally in business you have to be careful taking leaps of faith into software upgrades, especially while in the middle of unfinished projects.  However, being in this industry, when our outside vendors and freelancers upgrade, we have little choice but to comply and face the upgrade path with fingers crossed.  Then still wind up using the very same tools and filters that gets work done.  So here we go again, and my CS4 installation disk hasn't even cooled off yet.  
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 09:37:24 am by Pete Ferling »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up