Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad H4D-60 and H4D-50  (Read 65918 times)

Paul_Claesson_HasselbladUS

• http://www.hasselbladusa.com
Hasselblad H4D-60 and H4D-50
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2009, 10:57:34 am »

Quote from: paul_jones
Hi David, Just one more question, what are these contacts for? Did Hasselblad consider the vertical grip when they designed the body?

cheers paul

Hi Paul

The contact on are for the 7.2v and 9.6v batteries. It lets the H body know that a rechargeable battery is attached and in the case of the 7.2v Li-ion the battery status (in %) can be viewed by the user by pressing the Illumination button on the H grip.

Vertical grip... It has been noted. Please understand that we (Hasselblad) recognize the importance and benefits of such a device, we are not always permitted to discuss current or future product development.

I highly recommend that the participants of this forum offer suggestions for feature requests for hardware as well as software. We do make note of it, it is discussed, it is added to a rather extensive list. Many of the existing features and custom options currently available are due to the direct input from photographers.
Paul Claesson
Technical Support Manager
Hasselblad Hasselblad Bron Inc.
support@hasselbladbron.com or
pclaesson@hasselbladbron.com
800-367-6434 x303

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of Hasselblad.

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2009, 01:25:46 pm »

Quote from: Paul_Claesson_HasselbladUS
I highly recommend that the participants of this forum offer suggestions for feature requests for hardware as well as software. We do make note of it,

OK.

Here's a thought.

Suggestion #1.

Make a Hasselblad rangefinder like the Contax G2.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Contax_g...2,8_21mm_jp.jpg

Autofocus, a few lenses, (make them Zeiss) and a Full Frame 35mm chip, better yet, give it some kind of auto crop or auto sensing device so when it is in horitzontal mode it goes to 2:3, Vertical it goes to 4:3.

You know you can do it, you did that DMR thing for Leica and you work with Fuji and others.

This allows you to cover professionals to the dentist/country club set (I'm serious) because Hasselblad and leica are the only two camera names left with real bling.

Suggestion #2

Open up Focus 2 to other brands of cameras for processing.   It just can't be that difficult because even the early C-1 would process Leaf files if you ran some kind of secret script in each file and changed the name from Leaf to dog, or something other than Leaf.  (some guy had that script available for PC'S so you know you can do it.)

This allows a photographer to work in one software suite and while your adpating the software change the name.  Phochus opens up way too many silly comments and why make a name change on your software.

Call it Hasselblad processing.  Stick with the brand man.

Suggestion #3

Make a video camera.  OK, I know Hasselblad is a still camera company, but Bananna Republic use to sell Indian Jones clothes and now they sell suits, so adding to and changing your brand won't hurt a thing.

Once again you work with Fuji so tap into them, I'm sure they got the knowhow and don't make some half way 2/3's inch chip video camera, make it at least full cinema size, maybe bigger and give it autofocus, a PL mount adapter, real input jacks like xlr, real ways to view hdmi out to field monitors and an articulating screen.

Don't think video doesn't carry some weight cause every still photography site I look at has a video.

Make it a complete system and team up with some little company like Red Rock and get all the parts in place.

I mean a complete system, even down to the monitors, rods, matte boxes and cases.

Make it so when somebody open up that big honking Hasselblad case it glows like the briefcase in pulp fiction.

Suggestion #4

Kidnap, (sorry . . .hire)  some Canon or Nikon or Intel guy and build a big processor for all your cameras, maybe two or three in each camera so you can produce great previews and in camera jpegs.

Get modern.  Sell the brand, make it really useable, make is so no photographer has to think of any other camera brand when it comes to making images.

Suggestion #5

You've come a long way and it's somewhat appreciated, but rock the world and do some real innovation.

IMO

JR

Willow Photography

• http://www.willow.no
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2009, 01:51:49 pm »

#1 and #2 and #3 - LCD with previews that is as good as Nikon and Canon.

#4 - a much better ( and faster ) way of editing from 1000 shots down to 20 in Phocus.

#5 - rotating back, so we do not need a vertical grip :-)

#6 - no need to import from 3FR to FFF when using cards

Do this within 6 months and I am an even more happy Hasselblad user than today.
But even now I am using my H3DII-31 more and more over my Canon 5DII

PS

#7 -  a very nice deal for upgrading my H3DII to a H4D :-)

Willow Photography

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2009, 01:55:42 pm »

Quote from: Willow Photography

I am totally in for these 2. Include the CF39 into the upgrade towards a H4D

« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2009, 01:57:39 pm »

Peter,

thanks! so the H3DII 60 was trashed?
The H3DII60 will not be manufactured, instead the H4D60 will ship in its place.

will the upgrade price from H3DII 50 to H4D 60 be the same as
what was announced for H3DII 50 to H3DII 60?
Yes, the cost will be the same. You have until December 31, 2009 to order the upgrade H3DII50 ---> H4D60.

Paul Claesson
800-367-6434 x303

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of Hasselblad.

« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2009, 02:07:33 pm »

Quote from: Dustbak
I am totally in for these 2. Include the CF39 into the upgrade towards a H4D

We do have a trade in program where you can turn in a H or V camera and Hasselblad digital magazine or any MF camera and 3rd party digital back.

Hasselblad Partner locator
Click on the state and you will see who your Hasselblad Regional Sales Manager is, feel free to contact them directly. You can also click on country and be shown the Hasselblad subsidiary and  a list dealers.
Paul Claesson
800-367-6434 x303

« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2009, 02:53:06 pm »

#1 and #2 and #3 - LCD with previews that is as good as Nikon and Canon.
There will an improved display on the H4D60, I do not have the exact specifications but David or I will post them when they're available.

#4 - a much better ( and faster ) way of editing from 1000 shots down to 20 in Phocus.

Can you be more specific. You can rescale thumbnails to the size of your liking and tag them green, yellow or green (IAA), You can hide images, as an example just show your green tags or green and yellow tags, you can remove any individual or all badges on the images (Crop, Name, Approval, Badges), Drag and drop thumbnails in any order in your browser.

#5 - rotating back, so we do not need a vertical grip :-)
Would you prefer a smaller sensor or a much larger camera? I say this tongue and cheek.

Noted.

Done, check with you area Hasselblad Regional manager or Hasselblad dealer.
we have re-instated a trade in program. This was at the request of dealers and photographers.

Paul Claesson
800-367-6434 x303

Willow Photography

« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2009, 03:02:41 pm »

There will an improved display on the H4D60, I do not have the exact specifications but David or I will post them when they're available.

Will there be a H4D31/39 and will there be improved display on those too?
And on the H4D50?
Is the preview file also improved or only the display?

Can you be more specific. You can rescale thumbnails to the size of your liking and tag them green, yellow or green (IAA), You can hide images, as an example just show your green tags or green and yellow tags, you can remove any individual or all badges on the images (Crop, Name, Approval, Badges), Drag and drop thumbnails in any order in your browser.

Is there a shortcut to tag them red, yellow or green?

Would you prefer a smaller sensor or a much larger camera? I say this tongue and cheek.

:-)   Neither

Noted.

When? .-)

« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 03:06:00 pm by Willow Photography »
Willow Photography

smoody

« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2009, 03:18:14 pm »

And on the H4D50?

I, too, would like to know if all of the non-sensor-related specs will be the same between the H4D60 and the H4D50 -- improved display, true focus/apl, etc. Is that the case?

Thanks in advance.

. . . . . [url=http://www.fauxtography

Nick-T

« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2009, 04:54:22 pm »

Is the preview file also improved or only the display?
If you mean the embedded preview in the file, you know you can choose the size in prefs? I cannot remember the exact size but it's around 1000px on the long dimension. One of the killer features IMO as the preview always matches the art. What I mean is that if you make a few changes to the RAW the preview(s) are updated (as opposed to in camera JPGs). Make your tweaks and you can export hundreds of biggish previews (for say a web gallery) in under a minute.

Is there a shortcut to tag them red, yellow or green?

Yes just hit 1, 2, or 3. When doing rough edits I first switch to browser only, drag the thumbs to a reasonable size and arrow key through, hitting 1, 2,or 3 as I go. When I've culled it down a bit I'll switch to a viewer only layout and Cmnd Arrow through the selects looking for focus. All this becomes a great deal faster easier with Phocus 2.

Nick-T
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 05:30:04 pm by Nick-T »
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

gdwhalen

• http://www.gdwhalen.com
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2009, 05:04:53 pm »

Maybe reading the manual would be a good thing.  

Willow Photography

« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2009, 05:30:45 pm »

Quote from: Nick-T
If you mean the embedded preview in the file, you know you can choose the size in prefs? I cannot remember the exact size but it's around 1000px on the long dimension. One of the killer features IMO as the preview always matches the art. What I mean is that if you make a few changes to the RAW the preview(s) are updated (as opposed to in camera JPGs). Make you tweaks and you can export hundreds of biggish previews (for say a web gallery) in under a minute.

Yes just hit 1, 2, or 3. When doing rough edits I first switch to browser only, drag the thumbs to a reasonable size and arrow key through, hitting 1,2,or 3 as I go. When I've culled it down a bit I'll switch to a viewer only layout, and Cmnd Arrow through the selects looking for focus. All this becomes a great deal faster easier with Phocus 2.

Nick-T

Thanks Nick for the info.

When I talk about preview, I mean the file showing on the LCD when you shoot untethered.
Is that the same file as the preview in Phocus?

Willow
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 05:31:12 pm by Willow Photography »
Willow Photography

Willow Photography

« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2009, 06:33:03 pm »

I am so happy for this new AF solution and the new LCD spec.

But I am also a little baffled that the specs on this camera, scheduled to ship
in november, is not ready yet.

It must be a long time since this LCD was designed :-).
At least a couple of months  
Willow Photography

markowich

• http://www.peter-markowich.net
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2009, 09:24:27 am »

Peter,

The H3DII60 will not be manufactured, instead the H4D60 will ship in its place.

Yes, the cost will be the same. You have until December 31, 2009 to order the upgrade H3DII50 ---> H4D60.

excellent! thanks, peter

Dinarius

« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2009, 12:19:43 pm »

Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
Boris, Please.

No we will not admit that one color profile for all scenes does not work.  Why?  Because is works exactly as it should.  Don't take my word for it, ask a customer.  Also ask institutions like the Tate museum in the UK who use several Hasselblad systems and do not feel the need to custom color profiling.

Best,

D

Boris,

Don't take my word for it either but, as someone who uses his 39Mp back almost entirely in multi-shot/reprodution mode, I can tell you that colour fidelity is astonishing. Much of my work would be akin to what Tate London does.

David and I may have our disagreements on the 80mm lens   (and I know I'm not the only one) but detail and colour are astonishing with the Hasselblad backs and lenses. And with (claimed) effective sharpness equivalent to about 80mp (with the 39mp back in multi-shot mode) in a 220Mb/16bit file, you have all the detail you'll ever need.

Assuming your subject sits very still of course!  

D.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 12:20:33 pm by Dinarius »

« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2009, 01:46:40 pm »

James,

Thank you for the insightful input.

"Make it so when somebody open up that big honking Hasselblad case it glows like the briefcase in pulp fiction."  <----  

"You've come a long way and it's somewhat appreciated, but rock the world and do some real innovation."
I do think we as a company have come a long way in a relatively short period of time. This industry has gone enormous changes in the past decades and continues to evolve.

Paul

Quote from: James R Russell
OK.

Here's a thought.

Suggestion #1.

Make a Hasselblad rangefinder like the Contax G2.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Contax_g...2,8_21mm_jp.jpg

Autofocus, a few lenses, (make them Zeiss) and a Full Frame 35mm chip, better yet, give it some kind of auto crop or auto sensing device so when it is in horitzontal mode it goes to 2:3, Vertical it goes to 4:3.

You know you can do it, you did that DMR thing for Leica and you work with Fuji and others.

This allows you to cover professionals to the dentist/country club set (I'm serious) because Hasselblad and leica are the only two camera names left with real bling.

Suggestion #2

Open up Focus 2 to other brands of cameras for processing.   It just can't be that difficult because even the early C-1 would process Leaf files if you ran some kind of secret script in each file and changed the name from Leaf to dog, or something other than Leaf.  (some guy had that script available for PC'S so you know you can do it.)

This allows a photographer to work in one software suite and while your adpating the software change the name.  Phochus opens up way too many silly comments and why make a name change on your software.

Call it Hasselblad processing.  Stick with the brand man.

Suggestion #3

Make a video camera.  OK, I know Hasselblad is a still camera company, but Bananna Republic use to sell Indian Jones clothes and now they sell suits, so adding to and changing your brand won't hurt a thing.

Once again you work with Fuji so tap into them, I'm sure they got the knowhow and don't make some half way 2/3's inch chip video camera, make it at least full cinema size, maybe bigger and give it autofocus, a PL mount adapter, real input jacks like xlr, real ways to view hdmi out to field monitors and an articulating screen.

Don't think video doesn't carry some weight cause every still photography site I look at has a video.

Make it a complete system and team up with some little company like Red Rock and get all the parts in place.

I mean a complete system, even down to the monitors, rods, matte boxes and cases.

Make it so when somebody open up that big honking Hasselblad case it glows like the briefcase in pulp fiction.

Suggestion #4

Kidnap, (sorry . . .hire)  some Canon or Nikon or Intel guy and build a big processor for all your cameras, maybe two or three in each camera so you can produce great previews and in camera jpegs.

Get modern.  Sell the brand, make it really useable, make is so no photographer has to think of any other camera brand when it comes to making images.

Suggestion #5

You've come a long way and it's somewhat appreciated, but rock the world and do some real innovation.

IMO

JR
Paul Claesson
800-367-6434 x303

« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2009, 02:09:32 pm »

Willow,

The 31 and 39 will remain as H3DII31 and H3DII39.

And on the H4D50?
My understanding is the display (increased resolution) will change on the H4D60 and not on the 50.
I prefer to provide the participants on this or any forum accurate information. If I do not know, uncertain or seek additional information from the factory I will state so.

Noted.
When? .-)
I acknowledged your request for the vertical grip and have passed it onto product management.
Paul Claesson
800-367-6434 x303

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2009, 02:40:33 pm »

Quote from: Dinarius
Boris,

Don't take my word for it either but, as someone who uses his 39Mp back almost entirely in multi-shot/reprodution mode, I can tell you that colour fidelity is astonishing. Much of my work would be akin to what Tate London does.

David and I may have our disagreements on the 80mm lens   (and I know I'm not the only one) but detail and colour are astonishing with the Hasselblad backs and lenses. And with (claimed) effective sharpness equivalent to about 80mp (with the 39mp back in multi-shot mode) in a 220Mb/16bit file, you have all the detail you'll ever need.

Assuming your subject sits very still of course!  

D.
Would it not be less hassle to use an H4D-60 digi-back with Apo-digitars on a view camera, and shift-and-stitch two images together? ... this would give you over 100 good Mpx without having to process a large file?
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

CurtisHight

« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2009, 02:53:41 pm »

Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
Plus also consider extra benefits of motion / position sensing in the camera.

-Aerial / Survey
I highly recommend that the participants of this forum offer suggestions for feature requests for hardware as well as software.
Please offer a level in the viewfinder, and add directional information to the GPS data. (I want to record which direction the camera is pointed when an image is captured, as well as where it is located.)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 02:59:47 pm by CurtisHight »

paul_jones

• http://www.paulrossjones.com
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2009, 03:03:44 pm »

Suggestion #2

Open up Focus 2 to other brands of cameras for processing. It just can't be that difficult because even the early C-1 would process Leaf files if you ran some kind of secret script in each file and changed the name from Leaf to dog, or something other than Leaf. (some guy had that script available for PC'S so you know you can do it.)

This allows a photographer to work in one software suite and while your adpating the software change the name. Phochus opens up way too many silly comments and why make a name change on your software.

Call it Hasselblad processing. Stick with the brand man.

this is really important. i struggle with the complexity of having to run two softwares in one shoot. i have to get assistants that are expert with lc11 and c1 4, and that can be tricky. i miss the days of shooting with a phase back, then picking up the canon ans shooting some, and all the shots go into the same software. it makes life so much easier. one folder, one way of naming, one set of keyboard controls. if hasselblad is scared this may make the canons more appealing, then i  dont think they realise that everyone who owns a hassy, already owns a nikon or canon and shoots with that as well.
i can wait till c 1 4.5 works with leaf. i hope it works well, or i will be selling my aptus and getting phase. im definantely not buying a hasselblad back for that one software reason, plus i really dont really want to learn anymore software- im over learning software.

paul
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 03:05:04 pm by paul_jones »
check my new website
[url=http://www.pau
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up