Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 28mm on an h1 or h2  (Read 9532 times)

Franc

• http://www.photoimagestudios.ca
28mm on an h1 or h2
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 04:38:42 am »

I'm not concerned about using the 28mm with a film back, I want the H2 body as a backup for the H3 body. I always like to have a backup body and I get a film back in the deal.

Franc

pixjohn

28mm on an h1 or h2
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2009, 01:53:44 pm »

If you can't use the H2 you can forward the info to me, I am looking for a good deal on a 2nd H2

Quote from: Franc
I'm not concerned about using the 28mm with a film back, I want the H2 body as a backup for the H3 body. I always like to have a backup body and I get a film back in the deal.

Franc

stevebri

28mm on an h1 or h2
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2009, 02:20:33 pm »

This thread is exactly why I left my Hasselblad system behind.  Add the problems with their file format and software and one has to ask... Could Hasselblad possibly think of anything else to put in the way to STOP a photographer going out and earning a living..?

Imagine going on location with your new H3DII that's on special at calumet for 15000usd.  What sort of back up have you got...?  Another 'spare' H3DII...?  Dodgy software, nothing works in Lightroom or Bridge...?  Bad wide lenses that 'need' special software to correct them...?

With Mamiya you are already in bed with Leaf and Phase One, all pulling together in the same direction, new products coming in all the time... and it all works smoothly with industry standard software, Capyure One, Lightroom and Bridge AND all the assistants in NYC and London are busy learning the latest Leaf software because it's the bee's knee's.

Where does that leave Hasselblad..?  You have to ask considering the current climate will they still be with us in 18 months time...?  Remember we lost Contax and at the time it's 645 was at the leading edge.

I moved to Mamiya and have been very happy also Mamiya is a working Pro's company, their reps and distributors don't have that 'elitist' attitude you get from Hasselblad people (you know who you are).

Similarly Phase One and Leaf reps just want you to see their great kit and show you how to apply it to your business.

Sorry to rant but the thread just opened it up.

Steve

Carsten W

28mm on an h1 or h2
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2009, 05:03:53 pm »

Quote from: stevebri
This thread is exactly why I left my Hasselblad system behind.  Add the problems with their file format and software and one has to ask... Could Hasselblad possibly think of anything else to put in the way to STOP a photographer going out and earning a living..?

Imagine going on location with your new H3DII that's on special at calumet for 15000usd.  What sort of back up have you got...?  Another 'spare' H3DII...?  Dodgy software, nothing works in Lightroom or Bridge...?  Bad wide lenses that 'need' special software to correct them...?

With Mamiya you are already in bed with Leaf and Phase One, all pulling together in the same direction, new products coming in all the time... and it all works smoothly with industry standard software, Capyure One, Lightroom and Bridge AND all the assistants in NYC and London are busy learning the latest Leaf software because it's the bee's knee's.

Where does that leave Hasselblad..?  You have to ask considering the current climate will they still be with us in 18 months time...?  Remember we lost Contax and at the time it's 645 was at the leading edge.

I moved to Mamiya and have been very happy also Mamiya is a working Pro's company, their reps and distributors don't have that 'elitist' attitude you get from Hasselblad people (you know who you are).

Similarly Phase One and Leaf reps just want you to see their great kit and show you how to apply it to your business.

Sorry to rant but the thread just opened it up.

Steve

The flip side is that Mamiya has occasional, serious QA problems. There are several recent threads both here and on getdpi.com which discuss this. The shutter lag, while apparently now much improved, is still causing some people pause. The Hasselblad is not my idea of perfection, but I know people using them day in and and day out to earn their bread. The 28, while using software correction, does deliver great results. I don't understand Hasselblad's politics and exclusionary practices, but it seems to work for them. Me, I use one of those dead Contaxes...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 05:04:31 pm by carstenw »
Carsten W - [url=http://500px.com/Carste
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up