Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: wifi in phase one backs???  (Read 7115 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
wifi in phase one backs???
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2008, 07:27:47 pm »

Quote from: heinrichvoelkel
If I would have started a thread talking about how great the Phase backs are, the P1 dealers of the year and the P1 reps would be all over the place, congratulating me and hugging me many times for my wise decision to buy into their chain of promises.

Heinrich,

I know this is how you make your living, and it must be incredibly frustrating. But please understand that the alternative is for there not to be any talk at all about technologies which are being worked on.

Apple is facing the same challenge. When they were more of a nitch player they were generally very very silent on any upcoming products/technologies or changes. In the last two years they have started to make some information available in advance. This allows schools/companies/individuals to make better informed decisions, but of course the inevitable side effect was that they are sometimes wrong. They were late on leopard, late on the SDK for the iPhone, and now late on the push updates for the iPhone. It pisses people off, and very rightfully so. But I would rather have them be more open and sometimes be wrong then to have no information on what is coming.

(speaking about Capture Integration) We have hundreds of customers and we work very hard to consulate with them about what technologies, products, and workflows can have a meaningfully positive impact on their work. We're real people. I hope the forums don't mask the effort and sincerity with which we approach our work.

Sorry you got burned on the wireless.

Doug Peterson,  Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer  |  Personal Portfolio
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up