Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 214   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Professional Works  (Read 1619597 times)

ACH DIGITAL

• http://www.achdigital.com
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #3980 on: December 25, 2012, 12:38:27 pm »

Charros

First day of a new book on the many cultures of Southern California
Some quick.... cell phone proof scans:

Fred, I like the style and faded tone in this set of images. Very much like vintage portraiture.

Merry Christmas to all fellow Photographers present in this Forum.

ACH
Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #3981 on: December 25, 2012, 02:43:43 pm »

+1

I wouldn't really use the term bizarre but would navigate towards abstract. Most fascinating in my view are the levitated ladies, how on earth do you defy gravity? Or rather, how do you defy gravity on earth?

Best regards
Erik

One thing that impresses me is that however bizarre your images get, they still have that unmistakeable elegance and grace that all your work has.

Erik Kaffehr

HarperPhotos

• http://www.harperphoto.com
« Reply #3982 on: December 29, 2012, 10:33:21 pm »

Hello,

Just watched a doco on John Minihan which inspired me to re comp and tone this shot of my good friend Manu I shot in early 2011.

Cheers

Simon
Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #3983 on: December 31, 2012, 01:10:13 pm »

Hello,

I wish you a wonderful end of this year. See you next year :)

Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |

amsp

« Reply #3984 on: January 01, 2013, 06:18:31 am »

Hello,

I don't think Vogue Italia would appreciate that you're pretending this was actually published in the magazine.

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #3985 on: January 01, 2013, 08:45:34 am »

On their website selected by them. I never said it was in the magazine nor pretending it, and it is a professional work ;) Happy new year !
http://www.vogue.it/en/photovogue/Portfolio/51b3f137-8c39-49eb-a5f0-408a5ebf79cb/Fullscreen

Good luck having yours selected :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:52:52 am by Hulyss »

amsp

« Reply #3986 on: January 01, 2013, 09:56:12 am »

On their website selected by them. I never said it was in the magazine nor pretending it, and it is a professional work ;) Happy new year !
http://www.vogue.it/en/photovogue/Portfolio/51b3f137-8c39-49eb-a5f0-408a5ebf79cb/Fullscreen

Good luck having yours selected :)

Oh please, on your website it's under "publications" Vogue Italy and you obviously choose to post the photo with their logo on it, when really it's just a user submission to their "photo of the day" on the website. Heck, it didn't even get selected for that and is only in their "archives" along with every other submission. You look pretty silly trying to pass it off as anything more than that when it's painfully obvious that the photo is nowhere near the level of being in Vogue, just saying. I see you're pretty new at this though, and modesty doesn't seem to be one of your strong suits, so I don't expect you'll take this to heart. Happy new Year to you too.

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #3987 on: January 01, 2013, 10:36:12 am »

wow, you seems to not like me :) Good luck with that  ;D

Gel

« Reply #3988 on: January 01, 2013, 11:26:59 am »

Oh please, on your website it's under "publications" Vogue Italy and you obviously choose to post the photo with their logo on it, when really it's just a user submission to their "photo of the day" on the website. Heck, it didn't even get selected for that and is only in their "archives" along with every other submission. You look pretty silly trying to pass it off as anything more than that when it's painfully obvious that the photo is nowhere near the level of being in Vogue, just saying. I see you're pretty new at this though, and modesty doesn't seem to be one of your strong suits, so I don't expect you'll take this to heart. Happy new Year to you too.

He has a perfectly good point.

If it was a cover photo from the 'publication' then fair enough. But it isn't.

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #3989 on: January 01, 2013, 11:41:35 am »

C'mon guys ... My photo has been selected by photovogue editorial staff in their rules which are pretty hard. I have now a folio on vogue.it and I did not added the vogue Logo, they did it. I do not break any rules and can obviously use this photo as I do on my site, the editorial staff themselves encouraged me to post more on my photos and working more and more hard.

I did it and they rewarded me by the selection of this photo (and trust me I have submitted a load, even better than this one !).

I proud of it, I show it and nothing is wrong with it. In my world this is a publication, period. Not paper, but it is one. Nothing block you to submit your photos to see if they select one and I will not come here, pompous, saying anything about it.

Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:45:09 am by Hulyss »

chaosphere

• matias antoniassi photography
« Reply #3990 on: January 01, 2013, 12:08:33 pm »

Was it done with MF ?
Matías Antoniassi
www.matantoniassi.com

Rob C

« Reply #3991 on: January 01, 2013, 12:46:39 pm »

Whatever, it's a pretty girl and a nice photograph; let's start the new year with some spirit of goodwill.

Let's even chill out with some music.

http://youtu.be/IhH1zImBBfk

Prepare yourselves for the girl at the end - she can really do it, and should think about taking up jazz...

Rob C

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #3992 on: January 01, 2013, 01:31:07 pm »

Happy New year Rob C :) And more girl for you !!

From the same shoot (this one haven't been selected).

Conner999

« Reply #3993 on: January 01, 2013, 01:49:18 pm »

Very nice.

FredBGG

« Reply #3994 on: January 01, 2013, 02:20:39 pm »

@amsp.

Hulyss is showing the photo exactly as it appears on the Vogue Italia website. Vogue.it is a Vogue publication.
Also he is not trying to peddle it as a print publication. On his website it is even clearly labeled as a portfolio selection.

Vogue Italy - December 2012 - Portfolio Selection

While the images are user submitted they are only published on the website when they are selected by the PhotoVogue section art department after a pretty selective process.

There is really no reason to put him down for posting a lovely photo on this thread or how he has it on his website.
It's a nice picture and vogue thought is was worthy for publication in its section about Photography.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 03:23:08 pm by FredBGG »

TMARK

« Reply #3995 on: January 01, 2013, 02:36:58 pm »

Hello,

Pretty model.  This is offered as constructive criticism:  watch the fly aways. When you are shooting its almost impossible to watch the fly aways because you are doing a thousand other things, so your stylist/hair/MUA needs to be on the ball to take care of the details. This is why tethering is important for fashion.

Happy New Year!

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #3996 on: January 01, 2013, 03:02:25 pm »

Hello TMARK,

Your criticism is very welcome :) By "fly aways" you mean the little hairs who are not disciplined ?? Yes I fight with them sometimes when they come one the face or close to the ears ^^

This is something very important indeed. PP on this after the shoot is so a waste of time ! Will remember it.

Unfortunately I do not have a hair stylist for now but I'm working on it :)

If one of your client want to work with this model here is her folio. She's a friend of me from Elite Milan :

http://www.elitemodel.it/details.aspx?modelid=606592&subid=2856&mainsubid=2856&lang=en&nav=2&modl=&indx=0&sexid=2&letter=E&show=2&catid=9

PS: Beware, amsp will say i do not deserve shooting Elite models ^^ (just kinding dear amsp ;) )
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 03:11:06 pm by Hulyss »

chaosphere

• matias antoniassi photography
« Reply #3997 on: January 01, 2013, 03:56:20 pm »

Hulyss you did not answered my question  ;)
Matías Antoniassi
www.matantoniassi.com

Rob C

« Reply #3998 on: January 01, 2013, 04:37:21 pm »

If one of your client want to work with this model here is her folio. She's a friend of me from Elite Milan :

http://www.elitemodel.it/details.aspx?modelid=606592&subid=2856&mainsubid=2856&lang=en&nav=2&modl=&indx=0&sexid=2&letter=E&show=2&catid=9

Wish she was a friend of mine! Help change the situation here on St Helena, Mallorca, Baleares!

;-)

Rob C

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #3999 on: January 01, 2013, 04:49:27 pm »

Hulyss you did not answered my question  ;)

Hello Chaosphere,

This is done with a digital camera !

I do not communicate on my material. I shoot that's the most important to my eyes :)

Wish she was a friend of mine! Help change the situation here on St Helena, Mallorca, Baleares!

;-)

Rob C

Every things is possible. I'm sure there is some pretty models to spot were you live, to be transmitted to Elite or Ford head hunters ;)
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 214   Go Up