Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 214   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Professional Works  (Read 1619160 times)

MJSPhoto

• Morgan J Segal Photography
Re: Recent Professional Works
« Reply #4000 on: January 01, 2013, 05:19:20 pm »

Was it done with MF ?
Hulyss you did not answered my question  

I don't get why people are hassling this person

What difference does it make if it is MF? People have long been posting images from 35mm, video cameras, etc, so why are you suddenly "policing" the thread?
I don't shoot MF anymore but this is one of the more interesting threads on the internets (and frankly this thread  probably shouldn't even be in the MF section IMO)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 05:41:15 pm by MJSPhoto »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #4001 on: January 01, 2013, 05:54:24 pm »

... What difference does it make if it is MF? People have long been posting images from 35mm, video cameras, etc,... this is one of the more interesting threads on the internets...

It is... precisely because of the exclusion of (us) amateurs with non-MF. Those who occasionally post something else are well-established professionals who predominantly shoot (and post) MF and are paid for it.

... (and frankly this thread  probably shouldn't even be in the MF section IMO)

But it is. And as long as it is, pro-wannabes with Sigma's one-trick pony need not apply.

On the other hand, you (or anyone else) are welcome to start a new thread: Recent (Almost) Professional Works with Anything-Goes Cameras

MJSPhoto

« Reply #4002 on: January 01, 2013, 06:01:52 pm »

It is... precisely because of the exclusion of (us) amateurs with non-MF. Those who occasionally post something else are well-established professionals who predominantly shoot (and post) MF and are paid for it.

But it is. And as long as it is, pro-wannabes with Sigma's one-trick pony need not apply.

On the other hand, you (or anyone else) are welcome to start a new thread: Recent (Almost) Professional Works with Anything-Goes Cameras

::) Shooting with medium format does not make one pro and plenty of people get paid to shoot smaller formats, myself included
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 06:03:52 pm by MJSPhoto »

K.C.

« Reply #4003 on: January 01, 2013, 06:29:38 pm »

Nice to see the LL community offer it's usual cheerful demeanor on the first day of the new year.

Gel

« Reply #4004 on: January 01, 2013, 06:35:25 pm »

Rules are rules.

However I did see a behind the scenes of a Next Catalog shoot and the guy was using a 1DX, a guest photographer on Top Model using a 5D2 etc so I think it would be a perfectly good idea to have a thread with 35mm cameras, paid work only mind you.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #4005 on: January 01, 2013, 06:37:35 pm »

::) Shooting with medium format does not make one pro and plenty of people get paid to shoot smaller formats, myself included

Nobody said otherwise. However, this thread is about professional photography done with MF. For any other combination, feel free to start a new thread.

chaosphere

• matias antoniassi photography
« Reply #4006 on: January 01, 2013, 06:38:40 pm »

Hey, I just wanted to know if it was MF. As you say, they are some posts here (excellent photos btw) where it was done with other cameras : cool. But when I come to a part of the forum, the MF section, I want to see what I was looking for...
 :)
שלם
Matías Antoniassi
www.matantoniassi.com

MJSPhoto

« Reply #4007 on: January 01, 2013, 06:55:40 pm »

Well gee, the name of the forum is Luminous LANDSCAPE, so perhaps only landscape photos should be posted....

If you're going to be such sticklers for the "rules" it seems more than few people shouldn't be allowed to post since they got rid of their MF cameras

aaronleitz

« Reply #4008 on: January 01, 2013, 08:36:50 pm »

Nobody said otherwise. However, this thread is about professional photography done with MF. For any other combination, feel free to start a new thread.

No it's not. It's about professional photography done with any camera any format. Plenty of non-MF work has been posted over the years. Read the original post.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #4009 on: January 01, 2013, 09:15:33 pm »

No it's not. It's about professional photography done with any camera any format. Plenty of non-MF work has been posted over the years. Read the original post.

I did. Found nothing there to the opposite. It never said "any format."

Which part of "Luminous Landscape Forum > Equipment & Techniques > Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography > Recent Professional Works" you don't get? I already explained why certain exceptions were accepted (hint: because they belong to professionals who build their reputation on the forum and outside of it with their medium format work). And even in those cases such postings were questioned. What we are discussing here is neither medium format, nor exactly professional, as others already pointed out.

aaronleitz

« Reply #4010 on: January 01, 2013, 10:39:15 pm »

Which part of "Luminous Landscape Forum > Equipment & Techniques > Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography > Recent Professional Works" you don't get? I already explained why certain exceptions were accepted (hint: because they belong to professionals who build their reputation on the forum and outside of it with their medium format work). And even in those cases such postings were questioned. What we are discussing here is neither medium format, nor exactly professional, as others already pointed out.

The camera/format issue was settled years ago - read page 8 of this 205 page thread. There are plenty of other exchanges on the following pages. All the images I've posted in the thread are 35mm and have never been questioned (page 132 for example). Nobody cares.

This thread was started back before the "pro forum" existed and at the time the MF forum was the defacto forum for professionals. Maybe the mods can move this thread to the pro forum since nowhere in Dustblue's original post does it state that the recent professional works displayed must be shot on MF. Only that they be of a professional nature. Quote:  "We don't care whether it's a commissioned work or a self promotion(personal) one, as long as you are serious and proud of it, it would have a place here!"
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 10:40:49 pm by aaronleitz »

LKaven

« Reply #4011 on: January 01, 2013, 11:06:40 pm »

I have never seen any need for policing this thread.  Those who post images almost never abuse the privilege.  And we're talking about a category whose actual meaning is not fixed over the lifetime of the thread.

I still have some great images from a Leaf Valeo 6.  That was sold as a medium format back with a 24x36mm sensor and 6MP.  Should I post those here?  Is that more "medium format" than a D800E with a 24x36mm sensor and 36MP just because the Leaf sensor has an RZ hanging off it at the other end?

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
« Reply #4012 on: January 01, 2013, 11:43:20 pm »

You did nothing wrong. I enjoyed your picture. Thanks for sharing
Eduardo

wow, you seems to not like me :) Good luck with that  ;D

FredBGG

« Reply #4013 on: January 01, 2013, 11:59:28 pm »

For the First post:

So let's focus on the technics, not the equipments; the art side, not the hardware side.
In the end you are what you shoot, not what camera you use.

And if you like, you can add who are the clients, what's the layout,  where is your inspirition comes from, and how you did it.
Of coz you could just post a image but say nothing, it's ok because just enjoying a great picture is already good enough  .

Edit:We don't care whether it's a commissioned work or a self promotion(personal) one, as long as you are serious and proud of it, it would have a place here!

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #4014 on: January 02, 2013, 01:58:58 am »

Damn ... This thread turn all but not really professional ... look like I'm a fire starter and some trolls wanted to bury my post; two pages of sterile blabla. So I repost it here and let be pro now, like the thread use to be and never forget we are on Luminous Landscape, somehow a kinda serious forum (I hope). And, for the curious, this photo as not been made with a crop sensor :) As FredBGG quoted, I respect what the OP wanted about this thread. And this is a professional commissioned work (and the client is more than happy with my shoots and reputation).

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:22:15 am by Hulyss »
Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #4015 on: January 02, 2013, 02:01:24 am »

Hmmm... I might start posting here... I mean, if anything goes...*

* as long as I am serious and proud of it, I guess

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
« Reply #4016 on: January 02, 2013, 02:26:35 am »

Regarding recent comments in this thread, I suggest that some may want to remind themselves of the what the original poster requested when starting this thread, specifically, professional-quality works that you are especially proud of, be they commissioned or self-assigned, and not to dwell heavily upon the hardware used.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:35:35 am by David Eichler »

Rob C

« Reply #4017 on: January 02, 2013, 04:55:13 am »

Regarding recent comments in this thread, I suggest that some may want to remind themselves of the what the original poster requested when starting this thread, specifically, professional-quality works that you are especially proud of, be they commissioned or self-assigned, and not to dwell heavily upon the hardware used.

So, true!

But there's an understandable problem: this thread seems to come within the wider section that's meant to be devoted to non-35mm formats.

I think that's a fair differentiation to make, and allows like-minded people to hang out together. The only problem is, many people produce great work without using MF or MF+ and so they have no place here, unless they create a fresh thread elsewhere, where they might feel able to show their pro stuff.

Rob C

Gel

« Reply #4018 on: January 02, 2013, 05:16:55 am »

Easiest thing to do would be create a new section, discussing 35mm formats / other formats. Like Getdpi.
Who knows, with the explosion of use in those areas it could well benefit the forum overall, increase member number and traffic.

It does surprise me there is no such section for those formats. Maybe there's a reason I'm not aware of.

Gel

« Reply #4019 on: January 02, 2013, 08:44:38 am »

So then that would make large sensor anything bigger than compact?

One from today.

H3DII-39 - 100mm 2.2 + 1.7x TC @ 1/125 wide open at 3.5, handheld @ ISO200

...and one with my new toy, the Polaroid Big Shot:

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 214   Go Up