Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 214   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Professional Works  (Read 1789891 times)

Frank Doorhof

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1522
    • http://
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2200 on: July 11, 2010, 03:59:23 am »

To be honest I hate smoking, but when a model takes a break I can't resist sometimes
Logged

feppe

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2906
  • Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2201 on: July 11, 2010, 06:27:01 am »

Quote from: EricDosSantosPhotography
I bet these would look a lot better with a medium format

Not to single you out, but that's just...

Great shots, though.

Dick Roadnight

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1730
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2202 on: July 11, 2010, 12:01:59 pm »

Quote from: EricDosSantosPhotography
No medium format for me yet.  But I'm selling my D3X and should have one within the next couple weeks  
Here are some shots I did a few weeks ago.  First time doing implied nude with a model.  I bet these would look a lot better with a medium format
I think that hair and skin texture are two of the subjects that benefit from the res of MF... your model looks like a real live girl with the freckles un-retouched, but be prepared to spend more time retouching if you get MF.
Logged
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18208
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2203 on: July 11, 2010, 02:15:11 pm »

Quote from: EricDosSantosPhotography
... First time doing implied nude with a model.  I bet these would look a lot better with a medium format
Absolutely! Nudes would not be implied anymore  

ddk

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 274
    • http://www.pbase.com/ddk
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2204 on: July 11, 2010, 04:08:15 pm »

Quote from: EricDosSantosPhotography
No medium format for me yet.  But I'm selling my D3X and should have one within the next couple weeks  
Here are some shots I did a few weeks ago.  First time doing implied nude with a model.  I bet these would look a lot better with a medium format

Try before you buy!

I shoot nudes with both dslrs (far fewer mps than your d3x!) and mf; while I find them very different each system has its own pluses and minuses and I wouldn't sell one for the other...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 04:09:42 pm by ddk »
Logged
david
-----------------------
www.pbase.com/ddk

AlexM

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 138
    • Alex Maxim fashion and glamour photographer in Toronto
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2205 on: July 11, 2010, 05:02:47 pm »

Quote from: EricDosSantosPhotography
No medium format for me yet.  But I'm selling my D3X and should have one within the next couple weeks  
Here are some shots I did a few weeks ago.  First time doing implied nude with a model.  I bet these would look a lot better with a medium format

Nice work. I recently sold all my Nikon gear because after getting a Hasselblad I did even took it out from the bag for more than a year. The difference is so huge and the amount of retouching MF images allow me is just incredible.

MarkoRepse

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 234
    • www.markorepse.com
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2206 on: July 11, 2010, 05:51:52 pm »

These are also sunlight only shots. It can work, so why not? RZ+Aptus.

[attachment=23089:mr_001496.jpg] [attachment=23090:mr_001517.jpg] [attachment=23091:mr_001504.jpg]
Logged

jduncan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 434
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2207 on: July 11, 2010, 06:40:51 pm »

Quote from: MichaelEzra
Mamiya ZD camera + Mamiya AF 150 F/3.5
To me, your work is always extraordinary, compelling , inspiring  and some times intriguing. Good work. Thanks for posting.
 
Logged
english is not my first language, an I k

jduncan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 434
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2208 on: July 11, 2010, 06:50:08 pm »

Quote from: EricDosSantosPhotography
No medium format for me yet.  But I'm selling my D3X and should have one within the next couple weeks  
Here are some shots I did a few weeks ago.  First time doing implied nude with a model.  I bet these would look a lot better with a medium format


1.

2.

3.
I realy like the 3th one. The combination  of modern sculpture sensation an the  abundance  of life in the model is not common to see. It is magnificent. The lighting is amazing.
Logged
english is not my first language, an I k

EricDosSantosPhotography

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 67
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2209 on: July 11, 2010, 07:06:51 pm »

Quote from: jduncan
I realy like the 3th one. The combination  of modern sculpture sensation an the  abundance  of life in the model is not common to see. It is magnificent. The lighting is amazing.


Thank You!  It has been accepted into a gallery, but not sure if that is the route I want to take with my photography yet.  I have only been shooting for about 11 months now and using photoshop for about 6.  I want to lean more towards fashion and commercial rather than fine art, so I'm not sure if I want to get into the whole fine art gallery world quite yet.  I'm willing to do anything and everything to make it in this industry and that includes getting a medium format.  I know it won't make me a better photographer, but I feel that it allows me to push the edges of my abilities just that much more!

jduncan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 434
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2210 on: July 11, 2010, 07:20:51 pm »

Quote from: fredjeang
I definitely see a painter behind the viewfinder.
Me too, no more to say
Logged
english is not my first language, an I k

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25127
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2211 on: July 12, 2010, 05:53:02 pm »

Quote from: MarkoRepse
These are also sunlight only shots. It can work, so why not? RZ+Aptus.

[attachment=23089:mr_001496.jpg] [attachment=23090:mr_001517.jpg] [attachment=23091:mr_001504.jpg]





No offence to anyone, but you have just stumbled onto what most of us were doing all the time before the advent of the ridiculously exaggerated group fest that's the 'shoot' that seems to have become standard.

Kick out the hairdressers, assistants, the makeup artists and the stylists and you will be right back to where it was in the time when photographers and models could be recognized as - shock, horror - individuals and creatives in their own right.

That old wheel sure does keep on turning and every generation is totally convinced that it invented sex!

36 degrees today on the island; how was Madrid, Fred?

Rob C

K.C.

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 671
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2212 on: July 12, 2010, 05:54:51 pm »

Quote from: Rob C
Kick out the hairdressers, assistants, the makeup artists and the stylists and you will be right back to where it was in the time when photographers and models could be recognized as - shock, horror - individuals and creatives in their own right.

You really are a dreamer aren't you.
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25127
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2213 on: July 13, 2010, 03:57:16 am »

Quote from: K.C.
You really are a dreamer aren't you.




With a reasonably good memory!

;-)

Rob C

MarkoRepse

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 234
    • www.markorepse.com
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2214 on: July 13, 2010, 05:03:45 am »

I'll confirm Rob's suspicions by stating that the shoot was, in fact, styled by the model and planned by myself. No one else involved. Not exactly the norm by modern standards, yes, but it can be done and it looks a little different. If in a pleasing way, is obviously down to personal preference.

Marko
Logged

fredjeang

  • Guest
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2215 on: July 13, 2010, 06:35:11 am »

Quote from: Rob C
No offence to anyone, but you have just stumbled onto what most of us were doing all the time before the advent of the ridiculously exaggerated group fest that's the 'shoot' that seems to have become standard.

Kick out the hairdressers, assistants, the makeup artists and the stylists and you will be right back to where it was in the time when photographers and models could be recognized as - shock, horror - individuals and creatives in their own right.

That old wheel sure does keep on turning and every generation is totally convinced that it invented sex!

36 degrees today on the island; how was Madrid, Fred?

Rob C
Madrid is Hell, as always in the summer. Continental, dry, high altitude and no air and 38 grades on the shade as the average and the hell cocktail is served.

But, hey...they win the world cup!

Some snaps I'd like to share with you from yesterday. Those are obviously not pro works but that was unique and crazy!
I have devellopped so far almost nothing but it gives you an idea about the ambiance.

This on the Gran Vía, all the streets where like this.
[attachment=23122:mwc56.jpg]

Casillas Captain with the world cup
[attachment=23123:mwc57.jpg]

Sergio Ramos happy
[attachment=23124:mwc58.jpg]
Logged

fredjeang

  • Guest
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2216 on: July 13, 2010, 07:50:38 am »

Quote from: KLaban
You mean you can see the angst, self doubt and insanity?
 
Not at all. How would I explain that with my english without the risk of reducing or over-simplifying?
Ok, as you ask a question I try anyway.

When I first saw your landscapes I did not know you came from painting, I discovered it later in the info you provide,
but my first feeling was that or you came from painting or you where also currently painting.
There is a certain approach, an esthetism, the way you post-produce that differs and reminds me the strong influence of the painting
more than the strong influence of photographers.

That is the easyest way I found to says it.

Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25127
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2217 on: July 13, 2010, 09:25:30 am »

Your first one, Fred, the view from on high of the crowd, makes a fine piece of pointillism.

You could work on that one and somewhow reduce the clarity of the faces and make it even more abstract...

Even hotter today and more promised for later.

I was watching the news on the bar tv as I was eating today, and another dream was shattered: the footballer who kissed the girl reporter and made the screens everywhere - turns out to be her boyfriend. He is the Spanish goalkeeper, I think. I had imagined a romatic, historical image of the first waters - a similar situation to the famous photo of the sailor kissing the girl at the end of the WW2 conflict.

Rob C

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25127
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2218 on: July 13, 2010, 09:28:07 am »

Quote from: KLaban
You mean you can see the angst, self doubt and insanity?




Keith, when you live like that, of course you recognize it; I see it everywhere.

Funny thing, the butcher looks exactly the same way sometimes.

Rob C

Phil Indeblanc

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2017
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2219 on: July 14, 2010, 12:35:48 am »

Quote from: KLaban
You mean you can see the angst, self doubt and insanity?


I really enjoyed Bluebells on your site, and yes painterly is a nice quality you have in your work....Its like a wash of color... Like many B/W shooters have an illustrative quality, yours a painterly... cheers!
Logged
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 214   Go Up