Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 214   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Professional Works  (Read 1789976 times)

UlfKrentz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 532
    • http://www.shoots.de
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2140 on: June 22, 2010, 03:47:19 pm »

Quote from: AndreNapier
Ulf,
Your work is really nice. Beautifully executed. MFD shines in your hands.
My thing is that I have seen Mazucco shooting with P&S camera  and DSLR for Guess and I want to be him when I grow up. ( LOL )

Hi Andre,

that sounds a bit like that famous quote of Andreas Feiniger, and yes of course he was right!

I remember your question with the girl on that sofa with all that suggestions made - finally leading to Raphael Macuzzo simply using a DSLR, he is working really free and he (and his huge team) is doing a damn good job. But I think at first sight this is a state of mind - DSLR might help him working so easy and fast.
I see a lot of truth in Rob´s words (and yes, we did fashion work on 4x5 10 years ago), we always tried not to have a single style and we already felt we have to develop in a more free way, but that´s not done with a simple camera change, it is the way you are, the whole setup, lighting and post production. Hope we can reach it when we grow up ;-)
Thanks for your comments.

Cheers, Ulf

paulhu

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 50
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2141 on: June 22, 2010, 07:12:19 pm »

WOW. Andre just hit the button "mood and motion". Photography seems to turn to the Art of Photoshop, rather than the Art of Capturing images nowadays. They want everything to go with some flow, which the AD don't even know sometimes.  The want the sense of mood, depending how they feel at that time.

Some of the new generation AD tells me don't worry, shoot anyway I want, and they will take care of all editing, Photoshop, adding wings to the model, etc.  Why don't they train a monkey to press the shutter, save them money, since they are going to do all editing anyway? But they don't want to do that, because they don't have the composition and cropping skills that I have. After I build the foundation for them, then they can come in and finish the rest of the house. They can decorate the house, paint the house anyway then want.
Logged

2jbourret

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 144
    • http://jamesbourret.photoshelter.com
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2142 on: June 22, 2010, 07:13:40 pm »

Hello all,

Never posted here, but have admired many fine images, so I thought I'd give it a shot.
These are recent landscapes, from the last week or so; I'd appreciate feedback.

Thanks,

Jamie

Mamiya AFD3/P30/Mamiya 35mmMF
[attachment=22740:CF014064.jpg]
[attachment=22741:CF014162.jpg]
Logged
Jamie Bourret
[url=http://jamesbourret.p

JonathanBenoit

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 414
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2143 on: June 22, 2010, 11:37:16 pm »

Quote from: 2jbourret
Hello all,

Never posted here, but have admired many fine images, so I thought I'd give it a shot.
These are recent landscapes, from the last week or so; I'd appreciate feedback.

Thanks,

Jamie

Mamiya AFD3/P30/Mamiya 35mmMF
[attachment=22740:CF014064.jpg]
[attachment=22741:CF014162.jpg]

Jamie,

They look great. I wonder how they look with a more natural white balance.
Logged

DanielStone

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 664
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2144 on: June 23, 2010, 12:25:29 am »

Quote from: AndreNapier
Yes, they are twins. Very sweet twins. (insert my voice here )  VERY good looking twins


The new models do not want to freeze for me to focus, they cry when I try to use 2.5K HMI's instead of 300W tungsten shooting ( not modeling ) light.
And besides it is so nice to come pick up camera with battery good for few thousand images and just shoot in 3 sec. That is why I feel free.
Andre


andre,

sounds like its time for some 'real' models who can take a 2k arri

-Dan
Logged

2jbourret

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 144
    • http://jamesbourret.photoshelter.com
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2145 on: June 23, 2010, 11:56:06 am »

Quote from: JonathanBenoit
Jamie,

They look great. I wonder how they look with a more natural white balance.

Jonathan,

Deep twilight + 7000 ft. elevation = deep blue, cool light.  This IS the natural color balance.
The mountain range (Sawtooth Mountains, Idaho) was shot at 6:15 am, and the burn area was at about 8:45 pm. With landscapes, I work with what I'm given, and my memory (which is often a blur, but that's another story)
Thanks

Jamie
Logged
Jamie Bourret
[url=http://jamesbourret.p

Abdulrahman Aljabri

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 307
    • http://www.aljabri.com
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2146 on: June 24, 2010, 03:50:02 pm »

Quote from: Yelhsa
It's a long way to Tipperary..


21/6/10 - The bar at the Abbey Court Hotel near Nenagh.


Very nice as always, but why did you choose to blur the background more than usual in this picture, to put more focus on the food?
Logged
MY SITE: AL

bcooter

  • Guest
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2147 on: June 24, 2010, 04:14:30 pm »

Quote from:  Abdulrahman Aljabri
Very nice as always, but why did you choose to blur the background more than usual in this picture, to put more focus on the food?


Keep in mind Ashley is Irish and this IS A PUB, so probably everything looked a little bit out of focus.

BC
Logged

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2148 on: June 24, 2010, 08:40:43 pm »

gone
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 10:49:54 pm by JoeKitchen »
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2149 on: June 24, 2010, 08:43:50 pm »

Quote from: Yelhsa
It's a long way to Tipperary..


21/6/10 - The bar at the Abbey Court Hotel near Nenagh.
Nice, people really do make the images look warmer and more inviting.  I need to start working with hospitalities more.  Do you bring a food stylist with you on shoots?
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

haefnerphoto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 680
    • http://www.jameshaefner.com
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2150 on: June 24, 2010, 10:23:05 pm »

Quote from: JoeKitchen
Shot these two Monday (along with three other exteriors) for a small architect.  I believe that I pushed my camera to its limits on the exterior.  North side that never gets sunlight, very bright day, shot it while standing on an 8 foot ladder with my assistant holding the ladder steady along with my tripod legs, 1/2 sec exposure.  Even with a long exposure, I had to brighten the slate greatly, thank god for noise reduction filters.

Joe, Some shots just don't make good samples but certainly pay the bills.  These fall into that category, there's nothing special or distinctive about either shot.  My advice is to not show work that isn't exceptional.  Also, the interior looks as though it was flopped because of the silverware setup (which isn't necessary).  Your previous post was much more interesting.  Jim
Logged

JoeKitchen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5080
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2151 on: June 24, 2010, 10:49:05 pm »

Quote from: haefnerphoto
Joe, Some shots just don't make good samples but certainly pay the bills.  These fall into that category, there's nothing special or distinctive about either shot.  My advice is to not show work that isn't exceptional.  Also, the interior looks as though it was flopped because of the silverware setup (which isn't necessary).  Your previous post was much more interesting.  Jim
Good point.
Logged
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Frank Doorhof

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1522
    • http://
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2152 on: June 25, 2010, 02:22:42 pm »

A while ago "someone" asked me to surprise him with a raw image.....
So today during the lunch break I could not resist....
Hope you like it.
Logged

2jbourret

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 144
    • http://jamesbourret.photoshelter.com
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2153 on: June 25, 2010, 02:34:01 pm »

Another recent landscape, from a trip to Moab.[attachment=22779:CF013472_2.jpg]
Logged
Jamie Bourret
[url=http://jamesbourret.p

fredjeang

  • Guest
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2154 on: June 25, 2010, 02:35:08 pm »

Quote from: Frank Doorhof
A while ago "someone" asked me to surprise him with a raw image.....
So today during the lunch break I could not resist....
Hope you like it.
That's the Frank I like most!

Très joli (et jolie)
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25127
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2155 on: June 25, 2010, 02:42:33 pm »

Quote from: 2jbourret
Another recent landscape, from a trip to Moab.[attachment=22779:CF013472_2.jpg]


Beautiful shot, tones, colours - the whole thing!

Where is Moab? Sounds Africa but looks USA.

Rob C

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25127
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2156 on: June 25, 2010, 02:43:31 pm »




Sorry, double post.

It's that Rajun' Cajun: deafens me.

Rob C
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 02:44:33 pm by Rob C »
Logged

2jbourret

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 144
    • http://jamesbourret.photoshelter.com
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2157 on: June 25, 2010, 02:50:15 pm »

Quote from: Rob C
Beautiful shot, tones, colours - the whole thing!

Where is Moab? Sounds Africa but looks USA.

Rob C
Thanks! Moab is in Utah, the shot is in Arches N.P.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 02:52:24 pm by 2jbourret »
Logged
Jamie Bourret
[url=http://jamesbourret.p

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2158 on: June 25, 2010, 02:58:06 pm »

Quote from: 2jbourret
Another recent landscape, from a trip to Moab.[attachment=22779:CF013472_2.jpg]
Superb.

Jeremy
Logged

Lightbox

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 136
    • http://www.shaunquinlan.com
Recent Professional Works
« Reply #2159 on: June 29, 2010, 05:28:10 pm »

A recently published image taken November 09' with the RZ67, shot on Fuji Astia with the 180mm -

[attachment=22861:Japan_Air.jpg]

.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 214   Go Up