Why do you feel so free? What was it about the MFD you disliked? I am considering if I want to continue with MFD myself. Do I buy a new back? or run?
I can understand André
I love MFs, but at the same time something is "painfull" for certain type of photography.
I draw this quick sketch about what I would like MF brands to devellop FINALLY.
Instead of pointing towards tablets (don't get me wrong, tablets integration can be very usefull), they should IMO redesign their backs first.
If I have no complain to adress in terms of image quality and toughness, all the contrary happens in terms of usability.
I'm in favor of more option, like the I.pad, but it can not be the only way. First, if they could come (even talking about CCD) with a real good
lcd and a kind of reduced integrated software, they'll have something IMO.
More external devices should just be an option, not an obligation. I personally go mad when I have to deal with external
devices, cabled or not, objects that need to be carried and manipulated.
All that should be accessible and integrated IN CAMERA, please.
Ok, my sktech design is basic and looks like a WW2 german submarine, but anyway you got the idea:
[attachment=22715:mfback_wishes.jpg]
Ps: I took Phase as I could have used Hassy, they are all the same except Leaf that has slightly better lcd.
A reduced Capture or Phocus version should be available in the back.
Resolution should be 1 or 2MP at least and size of lcd should be 5 inches minimum.
At the prices they sell them, and considering the world economy situation, those are minimum feature the customer should get.
Then, no surprise if more and more are going to go FF dslr.
IMO.
Best IQ for an amount of hassles and cost that has to be reconsidered. MF designers and ingeeners will have to be creative in the next years.
not only with the I.pad...
That will be in the benefit of everyone.