8x10 Kodak master w/ 14 inch 6.3 at f6.3, scanned with Epson V750. I am new to film and this was only my second time taking large format pictures so the plane of focus is slightly off what I was going for but don't really mind the effect myself. Still working on my scanning skills but for printing I'll probably have these drum scanned.
What caught my attention in the bed's pic, is that I expected the upper left corner where is located the butterfly's frames to be as defocused as the other corners.
That creates a sort of surreal or "multiples" d.o.f that is interesting. As you are new with LF film, maybe it was not intentional, but that may also confirms the rule of the "blessing of the beginner" (although I know you are not a beginner at all but with this particular medium). Then, the experienced is spending a lot of time later in reproducing these "accidents"
Anyway, it is a great pic. The LF film is really a class in itself and I really like the colors rendering (in C1 I have an "home-made-setting-style" to get close to these tones. But the most impressive to me is the very narrow D.O.F.
There is a guy who works a lot with narrow D.O.F imagery that I like the works, Mark Tucker:
http://www.marktucker.com/2/Artist.asp?Art...p;Akey=MPEGN7AEEdit: If a LF guru is reading this post, I would like he/she to comment about that differences in defocus on the corners in the bed's picture. Is it common?