As stated, I am NOT completely pleased with the pictures so all critique including yours is more than welcome.
Regarding the windows, what would you have done differently, made the outside look lighter or darker?
This hotel has a unique selling point in its local, a view out of the window. Other more luxurious hotels have nothing close. Only Park Hyatt has better views, so they wanted to emphasize that point.
Thanks for commenting
I first would like to say that I do not consider myself to be a lighting expert, but since you asked my advice I will give it.
In both images it looks as if you are using one strobe placed above your camera or near it bouncing off of the ceiling, and the head is placed fairly close to the ceiling. When doing this the light traveling to the part of the ceiling directly above has to travel far less then the light bouncing off of the ceiling in say the middle of the room. This means that the light bouncing above will be far stronger then the light bouncing off in the middle of the room producing the effect of making the foreground brighter then the background (or middle ground), which is why the beds are brighter then the rest. To solve this place the head lower; the lower the head the closer the traveling distance will be for the light regardless of where it bouncing off of. This means the intensity of the light in the middle of the room will be closer to that near the camera. Now when you do this more light will spill all over the place, but you can solve this problem by either using reflectors, grids, or metal foil (I usually use a product called cinefoil but am sure regular metal foil you get a grocery store will work).
Also, the side of your camera you place the strobe on will have an effect on whether or not you get shadows from using them. For instance, in the second image you would need to place the strobe on the right side to avoid creating a shadow in the small area behind the window curtain.
For both images I would have used one strobe in the fashion listed above and maybe hang a white silk on the right walls bouncing a second strobe off that as well. I also would hit most of the furniture in the room with gelled tungsten fresnels. I normally used half blue gels when working with strobes. Full blue just absorbs too much light and using no gel gives too much of a color shift; half blue is like a happy medium adding a little warmth. If the sunlight is really intense then I may even use direct strobe light with softening gels and grids. That may even solve the problem with the dark curtains. I also would have shoot the images with sunlight entering the room.
Focusing the light on one part of the ceiling is not how you achieve contrast when working in this manner. You get contrast by allowing the sunlight to take over. Remember these scenes are very contrasty to begin with which is why we are using strobes, to even out the light. If you want more contrast you need to decrease your strobe power, increase your exposure, and time your images to specific time of day. Also, I guess you could increase contrast by using direct strobe light, but you would need many heads to do this and may produce odd shadows. That is also why I use tungsten lights in that manner, you get that little extra direct light but usually the exposure is too fast to record the shadows, and it cost less to show up with 10 tungstens then 10 strobe heads.
PS, ceiling bounces are not always the answer, although I think it was the bet solution here. Along with silks for bouncing, I also bring three different kinds of umbrellas for each head.