Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DAKINE PHOTOPACKS  (Read 2018 times)

lamarvenoy

DAKINE PHOTOPACKS
« on: May 13, 2008, 09:32:20 am »

Does anyone have any experience with these. I was looking at the mission photo or the reload. Reviews on these bags are hard to find.

The website clearly shows the inside of the mission photo to be able to accomodate one body w/ telephoto lense and about 3 aux lenses. I can;t however seem to find a picture illustrating the inside of the reload pack which is about 1.5x the size. any info would be awesome

~Bryan

skibum187

DAKINE PHOTOPACKS
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 12:31:06 pm »

I've got the Mission. It's pretty bare bones, but works very well. The suspension system is very comfortable (for me anyway). Much more so than any of the LowePro packs I've hauled around. My only gripe is that it could use a few more exterior pockets. Plenty of interior room for day-gear and I've used mine for BC skiing as well (tight with a shovel, probe, and day gear + photo gear, but manageable). The removable cube is nice for throwing in my larger Mountain Hardware pack when I'm going on overnighters. Overall it's a great pack for the price.

Don't know much about the Reload though.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 12:33:55 pm by skibum187 »

lamarvenoy

DAKINE PHOTOPACKS
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 01:14:18 pm »

Thanks for the info. I have a feeling the reload is probaby too big for my needs. Ideally I'll probably only be packing my d80, 80-200 f2.8, 18-50 f2.8 my d100 body as a backup and probably one more lens, maybe a fisheye when I aqcuire it. Do you think this would all fit in the mission?

Also I noticed on the Dakine Website that the pack has a "Deployable" Tripod carry. Have you by chance tested this out? I imagine that if its strong enough to fasten down my snowboard setup it'd be strong enough to hold down a tri-pod. I was just curious if the tripod wobbled around when fastened down
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 01:20:01 pm by lamarvenoy »

skibum187

DAKINE PHOTOPACKS
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 03:33:26 pm »

I imagine you could fit all that fairly easily. I fit my 30D, 70-300, 28-135,10-22 plus a flash or two no problem.

The strap system has a rubber lining on the inside, so it grips whatever you put in there very well
Pages: [1]   Go Up