Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with sensor cleaning  (Read 37833 times)

DarkPenguin

Need help with sensor cleaning
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2008, 03:19:10 pm »

I have a lenspen sensorklear.  Looks nice.  Haven't had to use it since I bought it.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2008, 09:59:11 pm »

Thank you all for your helpful answers.

Upon closer inspection, there are still many visible patterns on the sensor after a polonged additional session with Sensor clean.

I have decided to take my D3 to the Nikon service Center in Shinjuku this morning...

Cheers,
Bernard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184262\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nice - you can take the subway to Shinjuku and just get it done. Here in Toronto it's a car drive on one of the most congested and dangerous roads in North America forth and back, then a day or two later forth and back again because Canon has no while-u-wait sensor cleaning service and their service facility is hugely out of the way for anyone living in Toronto proper. Getting your sensor cleaned here exemplies the joint efficiencies of Canon service and Ontario infrastructure, but frankly, all that said, probably the safest way to get the sensor cleaned if its owner survives the traffic.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2008, 03:16:52 am »

Nice - you can take the subway to Shinjuku and just get it done. Here in Toronto it's a car drive on one of the most congested and dangerous roads in North America forth and back, then a day or two later forth and back again because Canon has no while-u-wait sensor cleaning service and their service facility is hugely out of the way for anyone living in Toronto proper. Getting your sensor cleaned here exemplies the joint efficiencies of Canon service and Ontario infrastructure, but frankly, all that said, probably the safest way to get the sensor cleaned if its owner survives the traffic.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184830\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, there are many downsides in living in Tokyo, but lack of convenience is not one of them.

Cheers,
Bernard

Panorama

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2008, 12:28:55 pm »

Read it again.

He's asking for help and at the same time ranting about a company and a product.

I'm defending such company and GREAT product against such baseless remarks so others don't get the wrong idea based on his ignorance.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184111\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dear Borat,

Give it a rest pal. if you're not a VD shill yet, you have a future job lined up...

personally, I think VD sucks too, but that's slightly OT for this thread...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 12:33:46 pm by Panorama »

daws

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2008, 12:13:26 am »

For my 5D I tried the eclipse wet swabs and got smears. Switched to the sensorklear Lenspen in combination with the rocket blower, per the Lenspen instructions, and have had no dust or smear problems since. For me it's much quicker and easier to use than the swabs, too.

BFoto

• Brad's blog
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2008, 08:17:32 pm »

Same here on my 5D, VD left oily streaks that i had to get removed at a service centre. Never again....
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up