Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 86   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Works  (Read 857143 times)

NBP

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 184
    • http://
Recent Works
« Reply #540 on: March 31, 2008, 03:07:14 am »

Quote

Medium Format Digital Backs and Photography

This forum is intended exclusively for the discussion of medium format digital backs and related topics. Users of all brands and models are welcome, as are all photographers interested in learning more about this equipment.


I'm a little puzzled as to which exact bits of the above statement some people are having trouble understanding. It's not really that hard is it?

It's not about being snobbish or elitest either - a comment which spectacuarly misses the point - it's about seeing what MFDB's do. & nobody is seriously suggesting that anybody minds when a regular contributer additionally adds something they've shot using another system, but at the same time, it would also make the thread rather redundant if it became swamped with 31,000 members posting anything from anything in it, no?

I suggest the whingers get over it & move on to be perfectly frank.

Anyway, here's some food shot last week on a Box Brownie with 4 old ixus chips selotaped together & bluetacked inside:

[attachment=5829:attachment]  [attachment=5830:attachment]
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 03:11:49 am by NBP »
Logged

Willow Photography

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 279
    • http://www.willow.no
Recent Works
« Reply #541 on: March 31, 2008, 04:30:50 am »

Quote
I'm a little puzzled as to which exact bits of the above statement some people are having trouble understanding. It's not really that hard is it?

It's not about being snobbish or elitest either - a comment which spectacuarly misses the point - it's about seeing what MFDB's do. & nobody is seriously suggesting that anybody minds when a regular contributer additionally adds something they've shot using another system, but at the same time, it would also make the thread rather redundant if it became swamped with 31,000 members posting anything from anything in it, no?

I suggest the whingers get over it & move on to be perfectly frank.

Anyway, here's some food shot last week on a Box Brownie with 4 old ixus chips selotaped together & bluetacked inside:

[attachment=5829:attachment]  [attachment=5830:attachment]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185624\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


"discussion of medium format digital backs and related topics"

What didnt YOU understand with this rule?
I would think related topics are seeing what MFDB can do compared to DSLR.
I suggest the whiners get over it and move on.  
Logged
Willow Photography

Henry Goh

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 574
Recent Works
« Reply #542 on: March 31, 2008, 05:03:20 am »

Quote
Lets just stop the discussion about who said what and who wants what, and just show good photography and share good information!!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185471\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

When I see some of the poor quality images being posted that are shot with MFDB, I shudder and wonder if these images are doing a great disservice to the backs they were shot on.  On the other hand, a 10MP Leica used by capable hands here has exhibited very nice results that made me smile.  Big disparity in talent IMHO.
Logged

Willow Photography

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 279
    • http://www.willow.no
Recent Works
« Reply #543 on: March 31, 2008, 05:23:25 am »

Quote
When I see some of the poor quality images being posted that are shot with MFDB, I shudder and wonder if these images are doing a great disservice to the backs they were shot on.  On the other hand, a 10MP Leica used by capable hands here has exhibited very nice results that made me smile.  Big disparity in talent IMHO.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185631\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


100% agree.
You wrote what I did not dare to write.  
Logged
Willow Photography

BobDavid

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3313
Recent Works
« Reply #544 on: March 31, 2008, 09:41:53 am »

Picture of a swampy lake in central Florida. Shot with Hasselblad CF 39MS, Mamiya AFD, 35mm lens.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 09:43:30 am by BobDavid »
Logged

BJNY

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1112
Recent Works
« Reply #545 on: March 31, 2008, 09:53:07 am »

Excellent, BobDavid.
Logged
Guillermo

BlasR

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 760
    • http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
Recent Works
« Reply #546 on: March 31, 2008, 10:00:41 am »

I give up
Logged
BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO

MichaelEzra

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1146
    • https://www.michaelezra.com
Recent Works
« Reply #547 on: March 31, 2008, 12:09:03 pm »

Mamiya ZD camera, Colorado 2007

Multi-exposure stitches.





Logged

Streetshooter

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 134
Recent Works
« Reply #548 on: March 31, 2008, 12:38:43 pm »

Quote
When I see some of the poor quality images being posted that are shot with MFDB, I shudder and wonder if these images are doing a great disservice to the backs they were shot on.  On the other hand, a 10MP Leica used by capable hands here has exhibited very nice results that made me smile.  Big disparity in talent IMHO.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185631\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well said Henry !

I agree entirely. Some of the pictures posted here do leave a bit to be desired. I've asked myself whether an expensive MFDB was needed to create them. The comparison between MFDB and DSLr's has been very interesting. I hope this continues too, either here or in another thread.

 "It aint what you got it's how you use it. "  

Pete
Logged

perbernal

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 76
Recent Works
« Reply #549 on: March 31, 2008, 01:21:42 pm »

Quote
Mamiya ZD camera, Colorado 2007

Multi-exposure stitches.


[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185744\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Love your B&W shot. It just show that it is the man (or woman) , the vision and not the camera that makes the image.
Logged

foamx

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 110
    • http://www.lwsphoto.com
Recent Works
« Reply #550 on: March 31, 2008, 01:27:01 pm »

Contax 645/Aptus22

[attachment=5846:attachment]
Logged

BJNY

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1112
Recent Works
« Reply #551 on: March 31, 2008, 01:38:15 pm »

Beautiful bokeh, foamx.
Logged
Guillermo

Arminw

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 47
    • http://www.arminweisheit.com
Recent Works
« Reply #552 on: March 31, 2008, 02:43:10 pm »

Quote
"It aint what you got it's how you use it. " 

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185752\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thats what she said last night !!!!        

Hey everybody, so far I have really enjoyed myself on this forum, getting lot’s of insider tips and technical knowledge, and as someone who is just getting into  MFDB’s this has been a great place to learn about what’s available and out there. I’m very close to getting my own in the next couple of month so this thread with all the different images form different backs has been a great help to evaluate my decision .
I really hope you guys continue putting up relevant work according to what this thread was originally intended.
I am new and this is also my first post ! SO, hello to everybody from london , my name is Armin and I am specializing in portraiture, fashion and fine art stuff.
Logged
You can't depend on your eyes when your

mtomalty

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 541
    • http://www.marktomalty.com
Recent Works
« Reply #553 on: March 31, 2008, 03:01:06 pm »

Quote
Picture of a swampy lake in central Florida. Shot with Hasselblad CF 39MS, Mamiya AFD, 35mm lens.

Did you shoot this image in single or multi shot?
If multishot,were there any issues in shooting a landscape image where moving
components (leaves,water,clouds,etc) had to be dealt with in post.

Thanks,
Mark
Logged

godtfred

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 293
    • http://
Recent Works
« Reply #554 on: March 31, 2008, 03:40:33 pm »

Here's a quick shot from today that I did as a freebie for a couple of Dj'ing friends of mine:

[attachment=5852:attachment]

Image © Axel Bauer, all rights reserved.

Shot with H2-P45+, 100mm, 200@f8. Lots of strobes and some PS.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 03:50:25 pm by godtfred »
Logged
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+

BobDavid

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3313
Recent Works
« Reply #555 on: March 31, 2008, 05:32:14 pm »

Quote
Quote
Picture of a swampy lake in central Florida. Shot with Hasselblad CF 39MS, Mamiya AFD, 35mm lens.

Did you shoot this image in single or multi shot?
If multishot,were there any issues in shooting a landscape image where moving
components (leaves,water,clouds,etc) had to be dealt with in post.

Thanks,
Mark
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185817\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This was taken in single shot mode. I use multi shot for art repro and still lifes.

But, the swamp shot is actually a composite of three different exposures -- one for the tree in the left foreground, another for the sky and another for the water.
Logged

yaya

  • Guest
Recent Works
« Reply #556 on: March 31, 2008, 05:57:24 pm »

Quote
Thats what she said last night !!!!        

Hey everybody, so far I have really enjoyed myself on this forum, getting lot’s of insider tips and technical knowledge, and as someone who is just getting into  MFDB’s this has been a great place to learn about what’s available and out there. I’m very close to getting my own in the next couple of month so this thread with all the different images form different backs has been a great help to evaluate my decision .
I really hope you guys continue putting up relevant work according to what this thread was originally intended.
I am new and this is also my first post ! SO, hello to everybody from london , my name is Armin and I am specializing in portraiture, fashion and fine art stuff.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=185804\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Welcome on board Armin, enjoy the ride!!!!

Yair, London,
Logged

Don Libby

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 824
  • Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
Recent Works
« Reply #557 on: March 31, 2008, 08:28:27 pm »

Mamiya 645 AFD II P30+ and 28mm lens at 4 seconds

[attachment=5854:attachment]

don

Michael - I love the b&w done in CO - Stunning!  Got any more you might wish to share?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 10:13:22 pm by Iron Creek »
Logged

Frank Doorhof

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1522
    • http://
Recent Works
« Reply #558 on: April 01, 2008, 12:25:46 pm »

Willow that shot ROCKS, I'm in love with it very surreal and amazing range and composition, wow.


A few from me (hope nobody minds the not worksafe quality )

Model : Carolina
Bodypaint : Yoyo
Photographer : Frank Doorhof

1.


2.


3.


MvrGr.
Frank
Logged

benedmonson

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 125
    • http://www.benedmonson.com
Recent Works
« Reply #559 on: April 01, 2008, 12:35:56 pm »

Quote
Willow that shot ROCKS, I'm in love with it very surreal and amazing range and composition, wow.
A few from me (hope nobody minds the not worksafe quality )

Model : Carolina
Bodypaint : Yoyo
Photographer : Frank Doorhof

1.


2.


3.


MvrGr.
Frank
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=186140\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Frank as always your stuff rocks!!! I want to do a workshop with you... I'm kind of ashamed to put up some recent editorial work?? But here goes.

Cheers,

Ben Edmonson
www.benedmonson.com[attachment=5873:attachment][attachment=5874:attachment][atta
chment=5875:attachment][attachment=5876:attachment]
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 86   Go Up