Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: H'blad drops the other shoe...  (Read 40145 times)

Steve Kerman

H'blad drops the other shoe...
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2007, 06:01:10 pm »

What does this mean. You do spell companies ies.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145595\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That was not a comment about your spelling.  

If "the companies", plural, are testing this configuration, then Rollie/F&H must be actively participating in the development of a Phase/Hy6 configuration.

hubell

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2007, 06:45:12 pm »

Would you please show respect for the answers I am giving here? That would be highly appreciated, instead of being focused on what means "open" or not and showing so much hysteria. It is at a stage where it starts to be ridiculous and I am not ready to play this game.

Thanks for your understanding and best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145584\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This reminds  of what it is like trying to pin down a politician at a press conference when he keeps providing an answer to a question other than the one he was asked, and then when pushed, he complains that the questioner is being "disrespectful."

Steve Kerman

« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2007, 06:52:32 pm »

This reminds  of what it is like trying to pin down a politician at a press conference when he keeps providing an answer to a question other than the one he was asked, and then when pushed, he complains that the questioner is being "disrespectful."
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145605\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hcubell, Thierry is doing us a service by posting here with a great deal of inside information about what's happening at Sinar.  There are things that are inappropriate for him to talk about as a representative of Sinar.  Please don't drive him away by mistreating him for refusing to discuss things that would bring him into conflict with his position at Sinar.

samuel_js

« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2007, 07:33:50 pm »

It is being done by testers associated with the companies.  This is all I can say.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145591\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

How is this possible if the Rollei Hy6 won't be distributed or sold in Europe or USA?

jpjespersen

« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2007, 07:36:11 pm »

That is not what I have heard.  I have heard that it will be available next year, and the Phase back will rollei mount will be available when Phase releases the full new version of C1 sometime next year.
How is this possible if the Rollei Hy6 won't be distributed or sold in Europe or USA?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145618\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mark_Tucker

« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2007, 08:38:04 pm »

This guy doesn't seem too troubled by Hasselblad. Why -- because he's out shooting pictures, and exploring the country, and living life, instead of worrying about whether he's got the latest/greatest gear. You think he gives one shit about the latest firmware?

http://www.syewilliams.com/sye/lightroom_sye.html

This is a loving, gentle Public Service Announcement, about staying tuned to what's important.

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2007, 09:02:22 pm »

So what are you doing in here, Mark?

hubell

« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2007, 11:00:40 pm »

Hcubell, Thierry is doing us a service by posting here with a great deal of inside information about what's happening at Sinar.  There are things that are inappropriate for him to talk about as a representative of Sinar.  Please don't drive him away by mistreating him for refusing to discuss things that would bring him into conflict with his position at Sinar.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145607\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Did you ever hear the expression: "Hi, I'm from the Government and I'm here to help you"?

SeanBK

« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2007, 11:02:42 pm »

This guy doesn't seem too troubled by Hasselblad. Why -- because he's out shooting pictures, and exploring the country, and living life, instead of worrying about whether he's got the latest/greatest gear. You think he gives one shit about the latest firmware?

This is a loving, gentle Public Service Announcement, about staying tuned to what's important.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145627\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
 Thanks Mark, That is exactly what is needed. It is just a tool, so use it. Appreciate the link.  

Nick_T

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2007, 02:50:23 am »

Dear Nick,

I noticed those "traces of sarcasm". Sorry to use this tread, but I have to correct.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145472\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I would like to apologise to Thierry if I have caused any offense.

Thierry has my greatest respect and IMO does a fantastic job explaining the fairly complicated (to my mind) Hy6 in it's many variants on this forum.

I truly hope that the Hy6 in whatever incarnation will succeed and give Hasselblad a solid competitor, and that when the product launches people will not be as quick to attack Sinar/Leaf/F&H as they have Hasselblad.

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2007, 04:51:49 am »

Sinar is in nothing "associated" with "this". It would be appreciated not to spread rumours involving companies without reliable sources.

Thierry

It is being done by testers associated with the companies.  This is all I can say.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145591\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2007, 05:05:14 am »

Dear hcubell,

I am very patient, and I think I have shown this patience here. But I can't accept being insulted that way. I do not feel needing to be pin downed, as I have been clear and concise about this issue since the begin of this year.

I did ask for respect of my answers as such and only, as by opposition to my person ("show respect for my answers"). There is a slight difference.

You were saying yourself that people here are smart, therefore I guess that  most of them can understand what I am saying and do respect it as such.

But I will repeat it once again: Sinar will not manufacture an adapter for third-party backs (understand Phase One and Hasselblad). Now, to be more clear if this does not give sufficient indications: a Phase One back (as well as a Hasselblad back) will therefore not have a communication with the body if mounted on a Sinar hy6 (provided that there is such an adapter).

I can unfortunately not speak in the name of Leaf, but am ready to go as far as saying that Leaf would probably say the same.

As for F&H (or DSM), I am not entitled to speak in their name, and responses should be given by them directly. We cannot be responsible for their publications, claims and statements, provided that those have been made.

I hope this puts a final point to this issue as far as I am concerned.

Thierry

This reminds  of what it is like trying to pin down a politician at a press conference when he keeps providing an answer to a question other than the one he was asked, and then when pushed, he complains that the questioner is being "disrespectful."
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145605\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 06:31:58 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2007, 05:06:36 am »

Thanks Steve, good sense is much appreciated.

Best regards,
Thierry

Hcubell, Thierry is doing us a service by posting here with a great deal of inside information about what's happening at Sinar.  There are things that are inappropriate for him to talk about as a representative of Sinar.  Please don't drive him away by mistreating him for refusing to discuss things that would bring him into conflict with his position at Sinar.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145607\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2007, 05:09:01 am »

Could you extrapolate what is meant with this? I cannot follow your thoughts.

Thierry

Did you ever hear the expression: "Hi, I'm from the Government and I'm here to help you"?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145644\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2007, 05:15:47 am »

There was no offence here, Nick.

I do hope like you that this new Hy6 camera is not criticized or the people speaking about it being "attacked" the way it is sometimes done. As much it does bother me concerning Sinar, it does also bother me concerning Hasselblad, when done in an unfair way.

Best regards,
Thierry

Edited for ADDENDUM: as a side-note, I feel sorry to hijack this tread starting and concerning primarily Hasselblad and their recent announcements.

I would like to apologise to Thierry if I have caused any offense.

Thierry has my greatest respect and IMO does a fantastic job explaining the fairly complicated (to my mind) Hy6 in it's many variants on this forum.

I truly hope that the Hy6 in whatever incarnation will succeed and give Hasselblad a solid competitor, and that when the product launches people will not be as quick to attack Sinar/Leaf/F&H as they have Hasselblad.

Nick-T
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145668\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 06:00:13 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

hubell

« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2007, 08:25:28 am »

Dear hcubell,

I am very patient, and I think I have shown this patience here. But I can't accept being insulted that way. I do not feel needing to be pin downed, as I have been clear and concise about this issue since the begin of this year.

But I will repeat it once again: Sinar will not manufacture an adapter for third-party backs (understand Phase One and Hasselblad). Now, to be more clear if this does not give sufficient indications: a Phase One back (as well as a Hasselblad back) will therefore not have a communication with the body if mounted on a Sinar hy6 (provided that there is such an adapter).

I can unfortunately not speak in the name of Leaf, but am ready to go as far as saying that Leaf would probably say the same.

As for F&H (or DSM), I am not entitled to speak in their name, and responses should be given by them directly. We cannot be responsible for their publications, claims and statements, provided that those have been made.

Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145681\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thierry:
If Sinar/Jenoptic(which for practical purposes are one and the same company)have legal control over the decision as to which MFDBs can electronically communicate with Hy6 cameras from Rollei, Sinar and Leaf, I do not feel it is candid to suggest that Rollei and Leaf are in control of those decisions and I should look to their statements on the subject. Moreover, the continuing confusion over this issue, fueled now by DSM's statements, is really bad for Sinar's efforts to market its version of the Hy6. DSM is creating the impression in the marketplace that it is offering a variant of the Hy6 that will be fully compatible with Phase backs.

You are perfectly free to decline to answer any question, and that I will "respect." However, I think it is unfair to accuse me of being "disrespectful" if you do provide an answer that is not responsive  to my question and I ask for you to try again.  This is an internet forum in which you are trying to sell cameras/backs, not a monarchy. [G]

BTW, your statement above about the lack of electronic communication between a Sinar Hy6 and a Phase back does clarify that that the Sinar Hy6 will provide the same, limited functionality  as a Hasselblad H2F with a Phase back(i.e., if Phase ever makes an adapter for a Sinar Hy6).

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2007, 09:14:54 am »

BTW, your statement above about the lack of electronic communication between a Sinar Hy6 and a Phase back does clarify that that the Sinar Hy6 will provide the same, limited functionality  as a Hasselblad H2F with a Phase back(i.e., if Phase ever makes an adapter for a Sinar Hy6).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145695\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
at least the HY will be full compatible with two back makers ,not just with one. would be the same than the h2f would be fully compatible- without cables - to e.g. phase and imacon or leaf and imacon or sinar and imacon.
second: the hassy problem and anger for many is that they already have bought themself for good money in the H1/2 system and are looked out from the 28mm or other possible inventions which work only with the h3, and the h3 seems indeed to be closed totally except for imacon.
so i think the HY concept is much more open than the H concept, although not for all back makers at the same extent.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 09:15:38 am by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2007, 09:36:18 am »

at least the HY will be full compatible with two back makers ,not just with one. would be the same than the h2f would be fully compatible- without cables - to e.g. phase and imacon or leaf and imacon or sinar and imacon.
second: the hassy problem and anger for many is that they already have bought themself for good money in the H1/2 system and are looked out from the 28mm or other possible inventions which work only with the h3, and the h3 seems indeed to be closed totally except for imacon.
so i think the HY concept is much more open than the H concept, although not for all back makers at the same extent.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145702\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It is also closed for Imacon. It is only open for H3 backs. Many current Hasselblad/Imacon back owners have been closed out from the H system.

Still waiting for an answer from Hasselblad on what my options with the H2/CF39 are when I want to upgrade to multishot.

Meanwhile I just bought another older Multishot back so I have multishot until I decide where to go next.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 10:49:53 am by Dustbak »

bart alexander

« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2007, 12:15:01 pm »

Thanks for sharing Mark.
Great stuff. About half as cool as yours  
The Hasselblad must be a left over of his fashion era. A 5D would have done perfectly for his (mmmh most) stuff.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145627\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mark_Tucker

« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2007, 12:36:32 pm »

Thanks for sharing Mark.
Great stuff. About half as cool as yours   
The Hasselblad must be a left over of his fashion era. A 5D would have done perfectly for his (mmmh most) stuff.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I shoot for money, and I shoot for personal. I do both. You've got to do both to maintain balance and keep the spark alive.

I am forced to keep up with this Tech Mess just like the next guy who shoots for money. I do not employ a full time Tech. If I don't keep up with the infinite amount of Daily Details That Might Bite You In The Ass, I risk getting in trouble on a job.

By the same token, this Tech Mess can totally get way out of hand, and can start to consume your (my) life. Every now and then, I just lose it, and want to unload it all, and go back to shooting 665 negs and clearing them in a bucket. Sometimes, your hands just need to touch something organic. You can't live your entire life engulfed in zeroes and ones, and firmware, and color profiles. It will snuff the spark.

I really love that Quicktime movie that that guy posted. It's great how it's not one of those Grab My Crotch, Look How Cool I Am type things that you see more and more lately. I won't name any names. I'd drink a beer with that Sye guy any time. Here's another very good editorial shooter -- I guarantee you her version of "firmware" is having a travel case that's hard enough so that her old-time cameras don't get dented. It's about the vision, not the gear.

[a href=\"http://www.cassbird.com]http://www.cassbird.com[/url]

Check out her Polaroid Book -- just try to get THAT kind of quality out of these forty thousand dollar digital cameras. I dare you.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 12:42:43 pm by Mark_Tucker »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up