Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: H'blad drops the other shoe...  (Read 40165 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
H'blad drops the other shoe...
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2007, 12:37:53 am »

mamiya will soon when their ZDII wil appear also close their system: that is the only way t survive.

Hi!

I don't think so. Mamiya is going to sell a lot of cameras and lenses to photographers having third party digital backs. It may not be a high profit business, tough.

I think that the ZD backs and cameras are a low cost alternative to high end backs. If Mamiya would build a closed system it would need to compete head on with Hasselblad and compete on price. Keeping the system open makes them an alternative to Hasselblad.

Erik
Erik Kaffehr

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2007, 03:14:40 am »

Dear Nick,

I noticed those "traces of sarcasm". Sorry to use this tread, but I have to correct.

The Hy6 is as open as it has been annouced, not more but also not less. There is no reason to mention "Bigshot", "Megavison", or whatsover. Why doing this? This is simply BS, sorry.

NO, you will not be able to put any lens, like on ANY MF camera BUT, you will be able to mount at least all exisiting Schneider 6008 AF or non-AF and 6008 Zeiss lenses, as well as the new Schneider AFD lenses, totally at least 21 lenses.

And there is no trace of sarcasm in my post.

Best regards,
Thierry

Yeah apparently the Hy6 is completely open.. you can put any back on it (Phase, megavision, Bigshot etc) and their unique mounting system means you will be able to put ANY lens on the Camera. Also you will be able to take a Leaf Afi back and put it on a Sinar badged Hy6..

Nick-T
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']PLEASE NOTE THE ABOVE POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF SARCASM[/span]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145440\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 03:18:14 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

samuel_js

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2007, 09:46:58 am »

All this is unofficial until Hasselblad announces it anyway isn't it? Is there any official source the confirm these news?

hubell

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2007, 10:50:33 am »

Dear Nick,

I noticed those "traces of sarcasm". Sorry to use this tread, but I have to correct.

The Hy6 is as open as it has been annouced, not more but also not less. There is no reason to mention "Bigshot", "Megavison", or whatsover. Why doing this? This is simply BS, sorry.

NO, you will not be able to put any lens, like on ANY MF camera BUT, you will be able to mount at least all exisiting Schneider 6008 AF or non-AF and 6008 Zeiss lenses, as well as the new Schneider AFD lenses, totally at least 21 lenses.

And there is no trace of sarcasm in my post.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145472\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thierry:
Instead of focusing on the tone of Nick's message, why not answer, without double-speak, how the Hy6 is more or less "open" than the new Hasselblad H2F that allows  third party backs to be mounted on the camera and connected through a cable, with no ability for the back to directly interface with the camera's firmware? Perhaps I missed it, but I do not recall you ever saying that Phase backs cannot directly interface with the firmware of the Hy6 and a cable connection would be necessary IF Phase ever made a back with a mount to fit the Hy6.

thsinar

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2007, 11:20:23 am »

Dear hcubell,

I'm just trying to put things the right way, since they were not excatly. And am not hiding about adaptations on the Hy6. However, you really missed it, since it has been said and explained by myself at least 10 times on LL, and by some others involved.

But I have no problem to repeat it: Phase One IS NOT part of the Hy6 project, by no means, neither  technical, nor financial or elses. Sinar, as a back manufacturer, will not make any adaptation for third-party backs, only for its owns digital back models. As I said it many times, for the rest, it is up to Phase to communicate, not Sinar. I think I cannot be clearer as that, and that is the information I have.

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

Thierry:
Instead of focusing on the tone of Nick's message, why not answer, without double-speak, how the Hy6 is more or less "open" than the new Hasselblad H2F that allows  third party backs to be mounted on the camera and connected through a cable, with no ability for the back to directly interface with the camera's firmware? Perhaps I missed it, but I do not recall you ever saying that Phase backs cannot directly interface with the firmware of the Hy6 and a cable connection would be necessary IF Phase ever made a back with a mount to fit the Hy6.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145516\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

jpjespersen

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2007, 11:22:21 am »

However don't forget about the Rollei Hy6, which phase will have a back for.
Dear hcubell,

I'm just trying to put things the right way, since they were not excatly. And am not hiding about adaptations on the Hy6. However, you really missed it, since it has been said and explained by myself at least 10 times on LL, and by some others involved.

But I have no problem to repeat it: Phase One IS NOT part of the Hy6 project, by no means, neither  technical, nor financial or elses. Sinar, as a back manufacturer, will not make any adaptation for third-party backs, only for its owns digital back models. As I said it many times, for the rest, it is up to Phase to communicate, not Sinar. I think I cannot be clearer as that, and that is the information I have.

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145522\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

LA30

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2007, 11:42:39 am »

Anyone that thinks that this is a crap discussion please call

Hasselblad USA Inc. -Digital & Scanner service center
15209 NE 95th Street
Redmond, WA 98052
USA
Phone number +1-800-367-6434.

Talk to the Tech department and ask them about it.  I spoke to a tech last night and he had no knowledge of this, he kind of chuckled actually........He then called me back 3 minutes later apologizing stating that the cameras will be repaired for 7 years and they the new bodies will take a 3rd party back via a cable.  I told him that cables break and stink to shoot with handheld, oh and I need 3 of them when I go on location.  I bet they are $200 each, hahahahahah.  Not funny.

Call them for yourself if you have a doubt.

Great!...........going to get a second H2 body....................

Ken

SeanBK

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2007, 12:03:06 pm »

Dear hcubell,

I'm just trying to put things the right way....... Phase One IS NOT part of the Hy6 project, by no means, neither  technical, nor financial or elses. Sinar, as a back manufacturer, will not make any adaptation for third-party backs, only for its owns digital back models. As I said it many times, for the rest, it is up to Phase to communicate, not Sinar. I think I cannot be clearer as that, and that is the information I have.

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry
 May be I am just dumb old guy. If you substitute "Hasselblad" for "Sinar" in Thierry's statement, than that would/IS Hasselblad's current rumoured statement. I retired early from my very successful creative busines & pursued the Photographic field, but this business model IS what every successful business strives to achieve. If guys/customers got napping than it is their fault, don't blame Phase or Hasselblad. Writing was on the wall, when Phase did not pursue earlier this year to come up with their brand name, along with Leaf, Sinar, mamiya.. Obviously Phase knows something that we are not privy to why they are not pursuing to hook up with a camera manufacture? Usually very vocal @ Hasselblad's mistep & virtues of Phase, may be "Super M" should step out behind the curtain & tell us what Phase One's plans are, as he is so closely associated with them. This certainly would help all of us to "stop flying around like bunch of monkeys".  

hubell

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2007, 12:17:05 pm »

Dear hcubell,

But I have no problem to repeat it: Phase One IS NOT part of the Hy6 project, by no means, neither  technical, nor financial or elses. Sinar, as a back manufacturer, will not make any adaptation for third-party backs, only for its owns digital back models. As I said it many times, for the rest, it is up to Phase to communicate, not Sinar. I think I cannot be clearer as that, and that is the information I have.

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

Why is it so difficult to directly answer the question I asked without double-speak? I did not ask if Phase was "part of the project". I asked if the Sinar Hy6 was any more "open" to third party backs than the new H2F. And then you wonder why there is so much cynicism about the way the Hy6 is being marketed. Please take a look at the press release from Direct Source Marketing, which is marketing worldwide what everyone perceives  to be the exact same camera as the Sinar Hy6. The press release states that the Rolleiflex Hy6 is an open system that will accomadate digital backs from all manufacturers. Really? Do the adapters exist? Do you need a cable  to sync? Will the backs interface with the firmware? Your statements here have implied  that it was up to Phase to decide whether it wanted to build an adapter for its backs to fit the Sinar Hy6. That's all it took, and the Phase back would then work just as it would on an H2 or Mamiya AFDII.
The people on this forum are generally quite smart. If they keep asking the same question, it's because it is not being answered well.

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2007, 01:39:00 pm »

Why is it so difficult to directly answer the question I asked without double-speak?

Thierry works for, and writes on behalf of Sinar. Why do people keep expecting him to answer questions on behalf of other companies?

hubell

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2007, 02:31:44 pm »

The question was about the Sinar Hy6. Now is it possible to provide an answer to whether the Sinar Hy6 is any more "open" to the use of Phase backs than the H2F?
I would also add that it is disingenuous to say that Thierry only speaks for Sinar and therefore cannot comment on how open or closed the Rollei and Leaf Hy6 cameras are. I believe that the parent company of Sinar has legal control over the decisions as to which digital backs will be allowed to connect directly with the firmware of all Hy6 cameras.

KAP

• http://www.kevinallenphotography.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2007, 02:53:22 pm »

Quote from: ixpressraf,Oct 11 2007, 07:02 PM
I do not agree with this vision.
First: hasselblad is now creating the best possible DSLR in Mf. In film days you could not mount a mamiya back on a bronica and others.

Not for me it isn't, it only has 1/800th of a second top speed, the new Hy6/Leaf looks much better and you can get Zeiss lenses. There would be less to complain with the H series if it wasn't so exspensive for a quality that can be had for much less.

Kevin.

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2007, 04:04:58 pm »

Hi
The way it is shaping up is that Hasselblad is going there own way, a closed loop system. No 28mm & now you have to use a cable with the H2F. It is there business & they can do what they like.

The Hy6 platform is for Sinar & Leaf.

Mamiya is open including there new 28 mm lens. The ZD camera is there only closed system but that is a true DSLR in MF. The AFDII accepts Phase, Sinar, Leaf, ZD & Imacon. Plus there is the RZ digital body.

Here in Sydney L&P is the agent for Phase One & Mamiya.
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

jpjespersen

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2007, 04:25:35 pm »

Why does everyone seem to ignore the fact that Rollei also has a Hy6 coming and there are already people shooting with the Rollei Hy6 and Phase backs.  Please don't just say Hy6 anymore, distinguish between Sinar/Leaf and Rollei.

Hi
The way it is shaping up is that Hasselblad is going there own way, a closed loop system. No 28mm & now you have to use a cable with the H2F. It is there business & they can do what they like.

The Hy6 platform is for Sinar & Leaf.

Mamiya is open including there new 28 mm lens. The ZD camera is there only closed system but that is a true DSLR in MF. The AFDII accepts Phase, Sinar, Leaf, ZD & Imacon. Plus there is the RZ digital body.

Here in Sydney L&P is the agent for Phase One & Mamiya.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145572\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

cerett

• http://
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2007, 04:29:48 pm »

I am somewhat puzzled by all this hysteria/anger. For right now, I plan on using and enjoying my H2/P45 and not worrying about the next year or two. The system works quite well and meets my needs. Service will be available for seven years. The way this business changes, who knows what technological marvels lie ahead.

I am not thrilled with Hasselblad's decision, but I see no reason to change or be concerned with anything right now as long as I have a well functioning system that yields excellent results.

The issues are far more problematic for people considering an initial investment in MF digital or changing systems because they are unhappy with their current set-up.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 04:30:44 pm by cerett »

thsinar

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2007, 04:50:52 pm »

Would you please show respect for the answers I am giving here? That would be highly appreciated, instead of being focused on what means "open" or not and showing so much hysteria. It is at a stage where it starts to be ridiculous and I am not ready to play this game.

Thanks for your understanding and best regards,
Thierry

The question was about the Sinar Hy6. Now is it possible to provide an answer to whether the Sinar Hy6 is any more "open" to the use of Phase backs than the H2F?
I would also add that it is disingenuous to say that Thierry only speaks for Sinar and therefore cannot comment on how open or closed the Rollei and Leaf Hy6 cameras are. I believe that the parent company of Sinar has legal control over the decisions as to which digital backs will be allowed to connect directly with the firmware of all Hy6 cameras.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145560\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2007, 05:00:40 pm »

Do simply ask DSM, if such has been said by them: they certainly have a contact number and should be ready to give more details. I am not in position to answer this.

Edited for ADDENDUM:

- quote "The press release states that the Rolleiflex Hy6 is an open system that will accomodate digital backs from all manufacturers": can you please provide your source/document stating this (digital backs from all manufacturers)?

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

Why is it so difficult to directly answer the question I asked without double-speak? I did not ask if Phase was "part of the project". I asked if the Sinar Hy6 was any more "open" to third party backs than the new H2F. And then you wonder why there is so much cynicism about the way the Hy6 is being marketed. Please take a look at the press release from Direct Source Marketing, which is marketing worldwide what everyone perceives  to be the exact same camera as the Sinar Hy6. The press release states that the Rolleiflex Hy6 is an open system that will accomadate digital backs from all manufacturers. Really? Do the adapters exist? Do you need a cable  to sync? Will the backs interface with the firmware? Your statements here have implied  that it was up to Phase to decide whether it wanted to build an adapter for its backs to fit the Sinar Hy6. That's all it took, and the Phase back would then work just as it would on an H2 or Mamiya AFDII.
The people on this forum are generally quite smart. If they keep asking the same question, it's because it is not being answered well.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145542\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 07:30:14 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

jpjespersen

« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2007, 05:38:08 pm »

It is being done by testers associated with the companies.  This is all I can say.
Where is this happening? Do you have a source that you can share?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145590\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Steve Kerman

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2007, 05:44:20 pm »

... companies.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145591\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That says a great deal right there.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 05:45:05 pm by Steve Kerman »

jpjespersen

« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2007, 05:52:04 pm »

What does this mean. You do spell companies ies.
That says a great deal right there.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145593\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 05:52:57 pm by jpjespersen »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up