Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Female Posters  (Read 31119 times)

Kagetsu

• Refractive Labs
Female Posters
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2007, 07:37:39 pm »

Personally, I can't say I've looked too much into photography on a sex basis... I've noticed more men in it, but have also noticed off hand that a lot of women don't really spend as long over a life in the industry. more men are old in it, and more women are young in it. Different perspectives....

As for the door debate, I offer this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_td1X_c5Gg

Monito

• MonitoPhoto
Female Posters
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2007, 01:15:20 pm »

I've always thought it a reasonable proposition that women are just as capable as men in left brain activities, although the percentages may be different and cultural influences no doubt contribute to this.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=139577\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Photography is a whole brain activity, which is why women and men enjoy it.  Photography requires artistic and technical skills, and frequently requires people skills (less so for landscapes).  In any case, left-brain and right-brain differences and attributes are grossly exaggerated by the media and are almost always a waste of time to consider.

jule

• http://www.juliestephenson.net
Female Posters
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2007, 05:35:00 pm »

I think this thread below (one of only a few though) illustrates why sometimes I don't post...one never knows where the thread will meander when male egos are involved.  
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....pic=20367&st=80

For me increased family committments and developing technological expertise is the limiting factor.

Julie
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 05:40:02 pm by jule »

Ray

Female Posters
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2007, 09:24:16 pm »

Photography is a whole brain activity, which is why women and men enjoy it.  Photography requires artistic and technical skills, and frequently requires people skills (less so for landscapes).  In any case, left-brain and right-brain differences and attributes are grossly exaggerated by the media and are almost always a waste of time to consider.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145728\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Everything is exaggerated in the media to make it interesting and readable.

However, the left/right brain divide is a real phenomenon and hardly a waste of time to consider. There are lots of interesting, although tragic, examples of how peoples' perceptions are altered when one side of the brain is damaged.

But I agree that photography can be a whole brain activity, perhaps should be a whole brain activity. However, the continual fascination with and argumentation about camera performance and image resolution seems to be primarily a male activity on forums like this, and I would say left-brain oriented.

Rob C

Female Posters
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2007, 02:15:10 pm »

I don´t know if the tech preoccupation is more prevalent with "advanced" amateurs than with professionals, but most of the pros I knew when I was still very busy didn´t talk much about technique or anything much else of that ilk; the chat - if ever we trusted one another enough to exchange more than guarded words - was about clients, who wasn´t paying well or quickly, who messed you about etc.

Guess time was too expensive to spend talking tech - also, there wasn´t much internet about to distract one...

Rob C

Ray

Female Posters
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2007, 03:04:09 am »

I don´t know if the tech preoccupation is more prevalent with "advanced" amateurs than with professionals, but most of the pros I knew when I was still very busy didn´t talk much about technique or anything much else of that ilk; the chat - if ever we trusted one another enough to exchange more than guarded words - was about clients, who wasn´t paying well or quickly, who messed you about etc.

Guess time was too expensive to spend talking tech - also, there wasn´t much internet about to distract one...

Rob C
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=148874\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Is a client paying well or quickly?...... Yes, I guess that could be left brain activity   .
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up