Mirage Print, Canon PP&L, Epson PL have clean paths, in other cases I just use Windows or old Macbook Air laptop
The motivation for this is that I want to find a bulletproof printpath for "simple users" to print their profiling targets.
I can print my targets - I do so on a Windows VM using either ACPU or CS2

I have used Claude to test EPL, found a 7.9 de 2000 offset which also appears in many of the other print paths. Actually what "we" tried doing was implement my idea to invert sRGB in order to use it as an output profile and by concatenation create an identity, and that worked, Claude checked its numbers, but then EPL still applies some other profile on top of it. Claude is adamant that it is really a typical effect of a profile being applied. I'm trying to track it down. The same effect can be seen in other "clean" print paths on Tahoe. It is possible that it is an effect of the Epson driver and not of the Mac Cups filter cascade.
I'm starting to wonder whether we might not be looking at a serious bug, where this offset profile is being applied on top of the selected print profile - which in the case of my hack happens to be an (sRGB-1) hack to turn the pipeline into a null transform.
If it helps, I'm well aware that when it come to color I'm not the sharpest knife in the box, but this a case fo something easy (printing a target) which I have been doing for 20 years, turning into an unexpected headache with complete unpredictability. You're welcome to tell me I'm an idiot, if no one told me that, I'd never learn.
Edmund