Hi,
A couple weeks ago, due to a computer dying, I made an abrupt shift from Photoshop CS6 and that era's Adobe Camera RAW to the latest updates of Photoshop CC and Adobe Camera RAW.
In both scenarios, I avoided sharpening as well noise reduction by setting parameters to "0".
I have only worked in depth with a few images since installing the new software. It's hard for me to be sure, but it seems as if the RAW conversions with the new software are nosier than I am accustomed to.
I manually expose with the ETTR workflow, almost always at ASA 100 so I usually overexpose in the camera, pull the exposure down 1 to 1-/2 stops and lift the shadows.
In the past this has seemed to work well.
Now I feel like the images seem a bit noiser than I am used to.
Or... I could just be crazy.
Any thoughts?
Thank you.