Hi, Jack and other old people!
I am 75 and still carrying a Linhof Techno, a IQ-150 and six lenses. I have an H2 with an IQ3-100 for "fast" or less weight situations.
I had thought I would go to an X2D 100 when the weight of my present gear gets too much and I am interested in your comment that the X2D 100 "will not do the numerous things my GFX 100S, with 3 GFX lenses . . . will do, that is no contest."
Would you like to explain what the X2D 100 cannot do?
Roger
After using the X2D for several months, I am firm in the decision FOR MY WORK, it is definitely worth the cost of returning and abandoning the GFX 100s.
I first added the XCD 30, and just in the last couple of weeks bought a truely "mint" 21 for a very fair price.
Was recently feeling marginal one day, so I spent much of it looking at the meta data of near a thousand images shot of in GFX and the H series lenses I've owned going years back.
I found the following (again 95% landscapes)
20mm 35%
32mm 41%
50mm 20%
64mm 4%
That was interesting, and thus the XCD 21 and 30 are now my only two lenses.
Pondering with wisdom of Cumping both the 21 and 30 for a 20-35E ($5,929.00!!) and that will happen when the market builds up with USED units.
As to the 50 and 64's, simple solution is to just walk a little closer to the scene! :-)
but a used 35-75 just might show up at the right price.
One feature of the GFX was the focus stacking, and I had hoped in this new X2D firmware release Hassie would have it added, but no unless you are linked to a computer, etc. Hoping that field focus stacking will be along shortly.
But to me, the big win is the richness and fidelity of the colors.
Now, in arguments with myself, 90% of my shooting is B&W, so why be concerned with the color realm.
Well, I shot almost all of the GFX work in color, then converted to B&W with Capture One.
I have noticed that the richness of the X2D color "seem" to my eye give a richer and less harsh B&W image!
So, in short, totally delighted with my set of 3 X units from my Ole Faithful Hassie Clan.
Jack