I'd say you probably got your money's worth out of your old system since the last upgrade was five years ago.
I've recently begun to nurse along my 2009 MacPro but it's quite elderly and it's now going to secondary status for use with some of my still well-working legacy software.
In the mean time, I've been configuring a new M1 Studio, with new drives, software installs, file migration and after a few weeks, have it pretty much main steam now. I'm hoping to get another 10-12 years from this system until I wear it out.
If you are doing hard-core Photoshop or other work, taking the plunge on a new system with all the newer tech and features is probably a good move overall, IMO.
The migration won't be complete in hours or days but will probably take a few weeks as you figure out all the new bells and whistles, where the cheese was moved and don't forget to set aside some of your budget for the inevitable upgrade "taxes"-- software upgrades, dongles, new drives, cables, etc.
Now that I'm nearly done with my migration to the new system, I'm glad I did it. Some things seem the same with the way things work, other things I'm still learning, but overall, it's got lots more speed which is nice both for downloading new images and then editing and processing.
Overall though I could have simply limped along until the MacPro failed entirely and then just get a second-hand system to stumble along or simply bite the bullet and make my move which I'm glad I did.