Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro 1000 - dead  (Read 668 times)

sunnyherman

Canon Pro 1000 - dead
« on: April 08, 2023, 07:13:56 pm »

Wondering if anyone has a service manual for the Pro 1000 (not sure if such an animal exists). Mine won't power on and Canon tech says it's dead and I need to purchase a new printer (they offered a 10% discount on a new one, but still over a grand).

Tech also said they offer NO repair service whatsoever on the Pro 1000 so sending it to a Canon service center is not an option.

Has anyone taken one of these apart (seems absurd to replace 100% of a printer for something that may be a one off item).

Any suggestions?

Simon J.A. Simpson

Re: Canon Pro 1000 - dead
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 09:06:00 am »

Getting a repair depends on where you are in the world.  Some countries are better served than others.  Here in the UK we have a very good Canon authorised repairer.

However, it seems that your problem is that there is no power for the printer.

Without wishing to offend you the first things I would check are the fuse in the plug (if it has a fuse) and replace the power lead (or at least check it with a multimeter). Also check that the power lead is making a good connection with the printer.  I had a problem with a Pro-9000 when the power socket in the printer cracked and came loose.  I had to replace the socket assembly in the printer.  If none of these offer a solution then it might be that the power supply has failed and this will mean disembowelling the printer.  You might be able to find a service manual online.

If you are in the UK I can give you the contact details for the official repairer here who may be able to advise you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up