Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: using C1 22 Mac images on C1 21 Windows?  (Read 1321 times)

narikin

using C1 22 Mac images on C1 21 Windows?
« on: November 21, 2022, 08:45:25 am »

Did a fairly big job in Europe with a digital tech, who recorded everything into C1 22 on his Macbook and did a little basic work on the 4000 image files before handing me a hard drive with everything on it to take back to USA. I'm a windows user with Capture One Pro 21. Can't see the images - they open briefly as thumbnails in the browser, it recognises the number of files in each folder, but main viewer is black.  He knew I was on C1 21, and said he'd made it cross compatible... So what can I do to get compatibility with the existing Raw files to work on them?

I have all the SD cards and my agent has everything on his Macbook too, separate SSD, so the files are there and safe. I just want to be able to see them on my powerful 4K Windows workstation!

Thanks all.

(Yes, I have ordered C1 v23, so it will be ok, but this really should not happen to very recent versions... unless its a windows vs mac thing)

UnfamiliarLight

• Unfamiliar Light
Re: using C1 22 Mac images on C1 21 Windows?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 09:49:49 am »

Did a fairly big job in Europe with a digital tech, who recorded everything into C1 22 on his Macbook and did a little basic work on the 4000 image files before handing me a hard drive with everything on it to take back to USA. I'm a windows user with Capture One Pro 21. Can't see the images - they open briefly as thumbnails in the browser, it recognises the number of files in each folder, but main viewer is black.  He knew I was on C1 21, and said he'd made it cross compatible... So what can I do to get compatibility with the existing Raw files to work on them?

Catalogues and sessions are transferable between Windows and Mac. C1 21 cannot open sessions or catalogues created with C1 22. How could it if (when) they change the structure of internal items in a newer version? Your C1 23 should be able to open the C1 22 catalogue or session.
Pages: [1]   Go Up