Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New computer build  (Read 2308 times)

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Re: New computer build
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2022, 05:52:03 am »

Right click on a folder with a ? and you will see a "Find Missing Folder" option.

Select that and Windows Explorer will open. 

Navigate to that folder on the correct drive, select it

Wait for a little while and watch the folders in LR, you will see that folder disappear on the mislabeled drive letter structure and appear on a new drive with the updated letter though you may have to show parent to get to the top directory.

You should do this on the highest directory folder with a ?  and it will automatically find all those below.

I'd suggest posting a screenshot if this is not clear or if you have other questions.

KeithR

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2022, 03:08:50 pm »

Sorry for the delay in my response. Dealing with hip & knee therapy. Thank you! Had to do go folder by folder and that took care of about 98%.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

dreed

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2022, 10:27:45 pm »

Not sure what you're using a RAID for here, seems unnecessary to me.

RAID is always unnecessary until something fails that you don't have a recent backup of.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2022, 11:03:19 am »

As to graphics cards, be aware that some programs can use a graphics processor to speed up complex tasks, including PS and LR. But you must have the right card! When I learned of this a few years ago I got a used NVidea G-Force 960 that was being sold cheap by some pimply-faced gamer who wanted to upgrade to the latest. It has made a significant difference in processing speed! For example, in Helicon Focus using the GPU speeds things up by 40%.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up