Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lumariver Profile Designer Can't open TIFs  (Read 1209 times)

torger

Re: Lumariver Profile Designer Can't open TIFs
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2021, 08:51:47 am »

@Torger
Thanks for feedback.
I know that I should read the manual. I will do so, but my english isn't good.
So I need time for translation.
I understand the workflow with one TIF.
I read another aspect.
I should to create a second TIF profile in CaptureOne with a different curve than Linear Rendition.
Which profile do I then apply later to the right shots?
 Ups, > Other projects are good for You.
Not for me ;-)
I'm not such a young guy anymore and want to finish my project with camera profiles, LPD, printing quickly ;-)

Jochen

The Capture One workflow is a bit complicated, but it has to be that way due to the way C1 applies ICC profiles.

The purpose of the second TIFF file is so that Lumariver Profile Designer can figure out the exact shape of the contrast curves C1 is using.

Capture One general purspose profiles are designed such that a small amount of contrast is embedded in the ICC profile itself, and the rest is the applied "Film Curve". The reason to split them in two is that an RGB curve with strong S-shaped contrast will cause significant color shifts. By avoiding having a shadow dip in the film curve and instead have that applied with the ICC profile (using a different tone operator), better color fidelity is had.

Lumariver Profile Designer solves the same problem in a different way, but needs to adapt the ICC profile so that it gives the intended result with the curve used in C1. To be able to do that it must know exactly what curves C1 is using, and that is done by feeding it that extra TIFF file with the intended contrast curve applied.

Despite the two TIFF images in, you will get only one ICC profile out from Lumariver, and that is the one you will be using in Capture One, and you should use it together with the same contrast curve you used for the second TIFF image, that is usually "Film Standard" or "Auto".
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up