Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Abstract  (Read 674 times)

David Eckels

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3529
  • It's just a camera.
    • Website
Abstract
« on: September 28, 2021, 12:42:27 pm »

.

Bob_B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3747
  • It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
Re: Abstract
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 03:45:15 pm »

That's a winner, David.
Logged
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

David Eckels

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3529
  • It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Abstract
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 06:59:53 pm »

Thanks, Bob. I like the toning, but it seems compressed in the downsizing.

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Abstract
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 07:21:19 pm »

I like it a lot, just as it is.

(You are a harsh self-critic, David.)
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Abstract
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 09:05:22 am »

I like it a lot, just as it is.

(You are a harsh self-critic, David.)

I also like it a lot but I can understand David's feelings. Maybe he had something else in mind when he took the shot.
Logged
Francois

David Eckels

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3529
  • It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Abstract
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 10:15:39 am »

Thanks, Eric, Francois. I always want to beat someone else to the punch, Eric!
Francois, I didn't have something different in mind when I took the shot, but I couldn't get the color balance to look right in post and so I went for BW. As I look at it this morning, I think I want to soften it quite a bit, maybe +1 EV in the darks to midtones. I do appreciate your reactions and you've helped get me oriented correctly.
Attached, is more where I was headed, but again, maybe went too far.

Arlen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1733
Re: Abstract
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2021, 10:19:54 am »

I like them both, but the original grabs me a little more. The tone of the background around them can make a big difference, though.
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Abstract
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2021, 01:54:56 pm »

And I prefer the new, softer version.

Different tastes for different folks.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rajan Parrikar

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3950
    • Rajan Parrikar
Re: Abstract
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2021, 04:27:23 pm »

+1 for the original version.

David Eckels

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3529
  • It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Abstract
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2021, 10:41:36 am »

I will have to see if I can find an in betweener, maybe lower the midtones. To me the first is too contrasty, the second too soft. Oh me!
Thanks for the very helpful comments folks!

Michael West

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1453
Re: Abstract
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2021, 03:09:45 pm »

I will have to see if I can find an in betweener, maybe lower the midtones. To me the first is too contrasty, the second too soft. Oh me!
Thanks for the very helpful comments folks!

the blacks in number one make the biggest positive difference to me.

Id "throw" some of Adobe "dehaze" at it.

well seen. the geometry is exquisite
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up