Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: No customer support  (Read 1772 times)

mtakeda

No customer support
« on: August 11, 2021, 07:52:56 pm »

It is very normal I send request of support to tech service and after the system generated confirmation I do not hear a words from them. After a week I send reminder they respond but not this time after more than ten days.  They are overloaded or they do not care. In either case their behavour is quite insult to the user. If David Grover is checking this site I would like to see his take.

Ben Rubinstein

Re: No customer support
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 06:53:09 am »

It took me 16 days to get a reply from my last support case.

mtakeda

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 06:52:29 pm »

I think 16days are absurd.

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 05:53:41 am »

I think 16days are absurd.

Fully agree of course. It used to be within 24 hours.

tcphoto1

• http://www.tonyclarkphoto.com
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 09:53:40 am »

They are too busy collecting the licensing fees for the latest version and filter packs. When they eventually respond, they will likely direct you to the YouTube channel which contains a "wealth of information". Please hold, your call is very important, a representative will be with you shortly...

TomRobbins

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2021, 04:20:56 pm »

An example of early 21st century zeitgeist. "Your call is very important to us, please stay on the line until your call is no longer important to you."

mtakeda

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2021, 07:16:01 pm »

My waiting is now longer than 16 days! I know they are watching this site and it is beyond me that they do not feel,pain of their customer.

tcphoto1

• http://www.tonyclarkphoto.com
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2021, 10:22:27 am »

An example of early 21st century zeitgeist. "Your call is very important to us, please stay on the line until your call is no longer important to you."

So true, I've sat on hold so many times and had to determine if it was worth the wait.

chez

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2021, 11:17:34 am »

So true, I've sat on hold so many times and had to determine if it was worth the wait.

I'd look for another product. I don't have time in my life to support a company that has zero interest in their customers.

Steve_777

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2021, 01:02:23 pm »

It is very normal I send request of support to tech service and after the system generated confirmation I do not hear a words from them. After a week I send reminder they respond but not this time after more than ten days.  They are overloaded or they do not care. In either case their behavour is quite insult to the user. If David Grover is checking this site I would like to see his take.

So out of curiousity what is the issue that you needed help on?

mtakeda

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2021, 09:18:34 pm »

It crossed my mind many times to back to the Lightroom of which service is equally poor. They changed export process at the recent update and I start to receive my file size too large for posting the images. It used be that when I use the quality slider to 70% or so it worked. Now I need to adjust long edge and short edge and pixel which I do not understand why. Maybe my brain power is not up there for this software.

ronaldnztan

• Ronald N. Z. Tan Photography
Re: No Customer Support
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2021, 12:47:47 pm »

I don't know, if the OP or anyone knows this, but several years ago, circa C1PRO 2020, the Phase One that we know and love was split into hardware and software entities. I have been using C1PRO since version 3.7.8 (December 2008) to know that PRO license are guaranteed response times within 1-2 business days. That was really good. I've updated to each new version on day-one release knowing there would be unresolved bugs, etc. Back then, I used to be super-excited to help BETA test versions.

Since these changes and when 2020 was released, although I am still on the list for BETA-testing, I look at the meh-features and no longer participate. I've purposefully remained with version 12 as a form of protest.

I digress. Needless to say, I certainly do not like the new changes within Phase One and not-at-all pleased with the so-called "support." Let's not go into why-on-earth they changed the user-to-user forum?!?!?!

The new one is horrible, using the popular zendesk backend or something like that.

With the current global pandemic being our "current normal," so this this abysmal Customer/Tech Support for us C1PRO users our new normal. I refuse to jump ship to LR/ACR. Their RAW image quality is horrendous and even version 12 has been the sweet spot for my needs.

Ben Rubinstein

Re: No Customer Support
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2021, 01:03:21 pm »

I don't know, if the OP or anyone knows this, but several years ago, circa C1PRO 2020, the Phase One that we know and love was split into hardware and software entities. I have been using C1PRO since version 3.7.8 (December 2008) to know that PRO license are guaranteed response times within 1-2 business days. That was really good. I've updated to each new version on day-one release knowing there would be unresolved bugs, etc. Back then, I used to be super-excited to help BETA test versions.

Since these changes and when 2020 was released, although I am still on the list for BETA-testing, I look at the meh-features and no longer participate. I've purposefully remained with version 12 as a form of protest.

I digress. Needless to say, I certainly do not like the new changes within Phase One and not-at-all pleased with the so-called "support." Let's not go into why-on-earth they changed the user-to-user forum?!?!?!

The new one is horrible, using the popular zendesk backend or something like that.

With the current global pandemic being our "current normal," so this this abysmal Customer/Tech Support for us C1PRO users our new normal. I refuse to jump ship to LR/ACR. Their RAW image quality is horrendous and even version 12 has been the sweet spot for my needs.

12 was a good version if you don't need databases. 

UnfamiliarLight

• Unfamiliar Light
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2021, 03:07:26 pm »

Don't need databases? What does that mean? v13 and v14 have not made any significant changes in the DAM capabilities. Are you talking about something else?

mtakeda

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2021, 07:15:44 pm »

After waxing for over a month, they got back to me with another typical general advice saying watch this video. This is their regular support. It does not address my specific points of question hence it do not give me solution. They must listen better.

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2021, 03:28:15 am »

Don't need databases? What does that mean? v13 and v14 have not made any significant changes in the DAM capabilities. Are you talking about something else?
If you use sessions then v12 was and is still a good version. If you want a stable working catalog system the later versions are far better.

Ray Harrison

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2021, 10:07:39 am »

After waxing for over a month, they got back to me with another typical general advice saying watch this video. This is their regular support. It does not address my specific points of question hence it do not give me solution. They must listen better.

What are your specific questions or issues? Definitely C1 support should do their thing but is it something someone here can help with?

mtakeda

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2021, 07:49:48 pm »

My problem was I was unable to post my image because the site says my file is too large. But my friend helped me to adjust the size not CP support, I always ask specific question to them but it is norm they give me general answer by telling me what video to see. They never address to my specific problem. So there is no support at all in the end. What a attitude and what a company.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2021, 10:56:43 am »

My problem was I was unable to post my image because the site says my file is too large. But my friend helped me to adjust the size not CP support,
Technical support is there to resolve actual problems, not teaching users how to operate the software.

Ray Harrison

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2021, 12:35:47 pm »

My problem was I was unable to post my image because the site says my file is too large. But my friend helped me to adjust the size not CP support, I always ask specific question to them but it is norm they give me general answer by telling me what video to see. They never address to my specific problem. So there is no support at all in the end. What a attitude and what a company.

Yep, for explaining functions, I'm sure they would have sent you to their videos. The reason they do that is that they may get a lot of questions on a particular topic and it makes sense for them to have specific documents or other media to send to folks who ask the same or similar questions. This makes sense to me and isn't dissimilar to what other companies do.

If I'm reading your statement correctly, I think you're looking for Capture One support to provide a general "Help Desk" function, which they don't really do, except via videos and documents (which are often pretty good). That said, for help in using the software that's a little more (seemingly) personal, one suggestion is to check out user support groups on something like Facebook which are centered on Capture One. There are plenty of usually quite helpful people there who can help explain and answer usability questions. Sometimes even the C1 folks participate.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up