Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 153   Go Down

Author Topic: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine  (Read 107387 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine
« Reply #2960 on: January 16, 2022, 08:11:14 am »

Perhaps you should address that suggestion to the, now ex-members, egregiously and erroneously insulted by der Kleine’s antics.

All the 'little one' had to do was retract and proffer, at the very least, a desultory apology and the matter would have probably faded away. Instead, he took to taking a leaf out of the Trump playbook and persist in abject foolishness.

I already apologized for any insults i made a few posts ago.  If you missed it, I'll say it again. I apologize for any insults I may have said on this forum to any person for any reason.

I'm not even asking for others to apologize to me for all the contempt, insults, and name calling they've made to me. Let's just drop the whole thing and reset as James suggested. I'm willing to do that and move forward. I would hope that you and others would be willing to do that as well. Thank you.

Manoli

« Reply #2961 on: January 16, 2022, 09:57:04 am »

Alan,

I have nothing against you personally, nor am I judge and jury but you're addressing this to the wrong person.
I'd suggest you turn your attention to both

jeremyrh, and
fberryman.

Particularly Jeremy who I know was really quite 'upset' by what happened between you. They both log in and a PM between you all and a retraction could hopefully put the past well behind us.

Let's hope we see them back soon.

In the meantime, it's the start of a New Year, and I wish you and Janet well and hope that the 'discussions' both on LuLa and elsewhere can continue in a more positive and fruitful tone.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 10:21:33 am by Manoli »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2962 on: January 16, 2022, 10:42:44 am »

Alan,

I have nothing against you personally, nor am I judge and jury but you're addressing this to the wrong person.
I'd suggest you turn your attention to both

jeremyrh, and
fberryman.

Particularly Jeremy who I know was really quite 'upset' by what happened between you. They both log in and a PM between you all and a retraction could hopefully put the past well behind us.

In the meantime, it's the start of a New Year, and I wish you and Janet well and hope that the 'discussions' both on LuLa and elsewhere can continue in a more positive and fruitful tone.

I contacted both of them by LuLa messaging and apologized for any and all insults I made and asked them to return to LuLa.  Thanks for letting me know and encouraging me.  And have a Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family as well.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2963 on: January 16, 2022, 10:46:47 am »

Based on the private messages I got from Jeremy, you will never see him on this site or forum again. I will not go into details because again, his message to me was private but he was super pissed off and can now be found on the other photographic website that actually dedicates its forums to photographers and topics of photography, PhotoPXL.
I’d provide the URL but someone Jeremy would hate to see who might show up so if you don’t know the location, goggle that name (so and so can’t figure out that process so Jeremy is safe).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 10:50:24 am by digitaldog »
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2964 on: January 16, 2022, 10:53:08 am »

Based on the private messages I got from Jeremy, you will never see him on this site or forum again. I will not go into details becuase again, his message to me was private but he was super pissed off and can now be found on the other photographic website that actually dedicates its forums to photographers and topics of photography, PhotoPXL.
I’d provide the URL but someone Jeremy would hate to see might show up so if you don’t know the location, goggle that name (so and so can’t figure out that process so he’s safe).
Andrew, First let me say that if there is anything I have said at any time to you that has embarrassed or insulted you in any way, then I apologize to you as well.  In this New Year, I want to start with a new slate.  I hope you have a great, healthy, and successful year and your family stays safe as well.

Regarding, Jeremy, he still has his account here so I was able to send him an apology directly.  I hope he gets it and opens his mail.  I have no other way to contact him.  If you could pass it along or tell him of it, I would appreciate it.  Thanks for your forbearance.  Alan

Manoli

« Reply #2965 on: January 16, 2022, 12:12:23 pm »

Based on the private messages I got from Jeremy, you will never see him on this site or forum again.

You weren't the only one to receive those private PM's, but I felt no need to advertise Jeremy's and those received, over a prolonged period, from other members too. It would also seem to be a genuine attempt/desire by Alan Klein to change the prevailing ambiance - and that, IMO, shouldn't be prejudged. It's good for them and certainly better for LuLa.

... the other photographic website that actually dedicates its forums to photographers and topics of photography, PhotoPXL.

Now you're taking the Michael.*  Spell 'MORIBUND' for me! [/on-the-floor].

--
*'Taking the Michael: a more polite British version of 'taking the piss'
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 01:04:01 pm by Manoli »

James Clark

« Reply #2966 on: January 16, 2022, 01:05:07 pm »

That was nice of you to say James. I appreciate it. The thing is I'm kind of a contrarian. I enjoy playing Devil's Advocate. It's challenging and makes me and you think. Plus if everybody thought the same here and had the same opinion, there really wouldn't be anything to discuss.  How boring that would be. It would be like 6 photographers lining up on Inspiration Point to get the same shot of Yosemite.

Only time I’ve had that problem is at that arches location where the sun comes up and lights the thing from below with reflected light.  What a GD mess that was.  Seriously never seen anything like it.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #2967 on: January 16, 2022, 01:06:43 pm »

I, too, confess to going overboard sometimes when confronted with obvious disinformation. I'll join in with the apologies to any my posts may have offended.

Disinformation deserves to be contested and disproven wherever it appears.  TechTalk has done a remarkable job of confronting disinformation with well-researched and documented fact, despite relentless and repetitive pushback.  Sometimes, however, when the disinformation appears to be intentional, or done for simple contrarianism, it's difficult to remain civil, however unproductive those reactions might be.  I'll try to do better.

Hopefully, those providing the instigation of the incivilites will accommodate and adjust, too.

By and large, the discourse here is remarkably civil. I believe I've noted before the inexplicable rancor on my Sprinter van forum and in fact in the general populace. 

TechTalk

« Reply #2968 on: January 16, 2022, 01:54:52 pm »

I've seen this play before and the final act is always the same. I know the lines from memory. It ends with half of an apology that doesn't actually acknowledge having done or said anything—like calling others a racist, coward, or liar. "If I've done it", "if there is anything I have said", "I apologize for any insults I may have said". That being said, I'm done with the topic.

Personally, I come here for the many members that post excellent information and share their knowledge. In return, I try to post useful information and share what I have learned. I have no other personal interest or emotional investment here. My personal and social life is entirely and intentionally conducted off-line. That being said, I'll do my best to ignore or avoid the emotional traps which are always found in online conversations and stick to the purpose for which I actually come here to engage.

Moving on...
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2969 on: January 16, 2022, 02:39:49 pm »

I've seen this play before and the final act is always the same. I know the lines from memory. It ends with half of an apology that doesn't actually acknowledge having done or said anything—like calling others a racist, coward, or liar. "If I've done it", "if there is anything I have said", "I apologize for any insults I may have said". That being said, I'm done with the topic.

Personally, I come here for the many members that post excellent information and share their knowledge. In return, I try to post useful information and share what I have learned. I have no other personal interest or emotional investment here. My personal and social life is entirely and intentionally conducted off-line. That being said, I'll do my best to ignore or avoid the emotional traps which are always found in online conversations and stick to the purpose for which I actually come here to engage.

Moving on...
I'm glad you're giving it a shot.  You're a tough adversary and challenging to debate.  But I think we agree on more issues than we realize. I'm sure we'll have an issue or two in the future. After all, politics can get very competitive and feathers can get ruffled.  If anyone regresses, there's nothing wrong with catching it, correcting it, and moving on again in a non-aggressive, more friendly way. 

James Clark

« Reply #2970 on: January 16, 2022, 02:49:53 pm »

... the inexplicable rancor on my Sprinter van forum ...

I'd be irritable too if I spent all my time in a van ;)

Peter McLennan

« Reply #2971 on: January 16, 2022, 02:54:30 pm »

I'd be irritable too if I spent all my time in a van ;)

You're right.  It does get lonely sometimes.  :)

Peter McLennan

« Reply #2972 on: January 16, 2022, 02:56:05 pm »

"I apologize for any insults I may have said".

Guilty as charged.  Poorly-written, me.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2973 on: January 16, 2022, 02:56:11 pm »

You're right.  It does get lonely sometimes.  :)

Pretty scene. Why are you in a van all the time?

Peter McLennan

« Reply #2974 on: January 16, 2022, 02:58:19 pm »

I believe James was joking.

James Clark

« Reply #2975 on: January 16, 2022, 04:25:21 pm »

I believe James was joking.

I was :)  But there's good lonely, and then there's "OHMYGODIFISPENDONEMOREDAYINTHISVAN... I just might hit the Sprinter Forums"  ;)

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #2976 on: January 16, 2022, 06:16:41 pm »

. . . politics can get very competitive and feathers can get ruffled.

But this is a thread that is supposed to be about the coronavirus, not politics.  I started it almost exactly a year ago with the idea that participants (including, at the time, two medical doctors who both, unfortunately, no longer participate) could share information and discuss the vaccines that were then beginning to appear—but its expansion into other factual submissions relating to the virus is certainly reasonable; we all know that Internet forums tend to evolve.

What doesn't make sense is turning it into a forum for political arguments.  There is another forum thread expressly for that.  I've considered locking this one—as the originator, I'm under the impression it is my prerogative to do that—but in addition to my disinclination to shut down discussion, I still occasionally find some useful information here and I presume others do as well.

As photographers, amateurs like me as well as the pros, many of us probably are accustomed to traveling frequently, and this once-in-a-lifetime pandemic has really put a crimp in our plans.  I hoped when I started this thread that it could help all of us figure out how safely to best resume our pre-pandemic activities.

I applaud the latest offers to cool down the rhetoric, but in addition to that I would encourage those who use this thread to instigate political debate or who can't resist the urge to respond to opinions which obviously have no arguable basis in fact to move their comments to the thread intended for that purpose.

TechTalk

« Reply #2977 on: January 16, 2022, 06:56:38 pm »

For some of the political posts here; I've hit quote, then copied the quote, and then pasted and replied to it in the political thread. It's easy enough to do. I'll try to do that with all of my replies to posts which don't meet the purpose of this thread.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2978 on: January 16, 2022, 07:04:55 pm »

But this is a thread that is supposed to be about the coronavirus, not politics.

What doesn't make sense is turning it into a forum for political arguments.
+1. I hope explaining this to someone who often resorts to a political posting agenda understands this but I'm not holding my breath based on the history here.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

TechTalk

« Reply #2979 on: January 16, 2022, 07:06:31 pm »

Guilty as charged.  Poorly-written, me.

Sorry if you thought that I was referring to your post. I wasn't, so please don't give it another thought.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 153   Go Up