Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 153   Go Down

Author Topic: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine  (Read 107728 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine
« Reply #1780 on: September 19, 2021, 01:59:02 pm »

Which might be unkind, even when it's true, but not something that I personally would classify as despicable. Despicable would be something like making up racist statements and then falsely attributing them to someone else. Now that would be despicable!

Even with that kind of despicable act, you could probably find someone willing to rationalize and dismiss your nefarious acts as merely motivated by implied inferences—while reaching for their crying towel and yelling for a moderator at an unkind remark to that same despicable, but like-minded, individual.

Hypothetically speaking of course!
Calling me Der Kleine is a Nazi reference. 

Manoli

« Reply #1781 on: September 19, 2021, 02:11:39 pm »

By the way, your Der Kleine reference shows you still calling me a Nazi.

Improve your language skills ,
https://en.langenscheidt.com/german-english/kleine

'little man'

TechTalk

« Reply #1782 on: September 19, 2021, 02:27:22 pm »

Calling me Der Kleine is a Nazi reference.

You're apparently confused with regard to whom you're replying. There's nothing in my post to which you replied that contains "Der Kleine". Please be more careful in your quotations and replies.

I don't speak German and apparently you don't either.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 03:11:10 pm by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Manoli

« Reply #1783 on: September 19, 2021, 02:34:14 pm »

Regarding Jeremyrh, I called him out for the racist comment he made of indicating that black people were apparently not intelligent ...

That is NOT what he wrote or said.
It may well be what you INFERRED, but you are no position to blatantly misquote Jeremy and then compound your buffoonery by asinine attempts to disguise what are, in all probability, your own jaundiced views.

You need to get a grip on the elementary use of English.

TechTalk

« Reply #1784 on: September 19, 2021, 02:45:33 pm »

There are people in this world who are capable of bridging absolutely incredible distances when jumping leaping to conclusions.

TechTalk

« Reply #1785 on: September 19, 2021, 03:02:23 pm »

'little man'

I don't speak German, except for a little bit of acquired travel language. I do recognize "kleine" as meaning small or little from Mozart's famous and widely recorded work Eine kleine Nachtmusik which translates literally to A Little Night Music—but in German actually means "a little serenade".

Looking up "der" it appears that it's a masculine article meaning "the" and because it is a masculine article when combined with "kleine" it would translate along the lines of the little man or the small boy or similar combinations—do I have that right?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 03:21:49 pm by TechTalk »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1786 on: September 19, 2021, 04:29:13 pm »

You're apparently confused with regard to whom you're replying. There's nothing in my post to which you replied that contains "Der Kleine". Please be more careful in your quotations and replies.

I don't speak German and apparently you don't either.
Sorry if it seemed that I accused you of saying it.  I was just pointing out to your post that someone called me that.

TechTalk

« Reply #1787 on: September 19, 2021, 04:35:17 pm »

Regarding Jeremyrh, I called him out for the racist comment he made...

Yes, I remember that. You asked him about Canadian and U.S. voter ID requirements: "Why should your Canada and probably most other countries have ID requirements but America should waive its requirements?"—to which he responded by broadly comparing the level of racism and inequality that exists in the two countries as a possible explanation.

It could be because in Canada there is not such racism and inequality that strict ID requirements don't result in disenfranchisement of a specific demographic.

You had some interesting responses in reply that attributed statements to him which differed substantially from what he actually said.

he said they were incapable of voting like white people do.

he says black people don't have the ability or intelligence to obtain ID's so they can vote just like white people.

Although your immediate reply was to project his thoughts...

So you think Black Americans are ignorant.  That they're still picking cotton... Do you realize how insulting and racist your opinion of black people is?

Yes. I remember that. It was less than six months ago. It caused two longtime and regular contributors to leave the forum, directly due to your comments, and who have not returned since. When others have complained about your comments, you've claimed that you're the victim of people calling you a nazi and a racist—something I don't ever recall happening.

Of course, words can be claimed to mean almost anything that anyone wants them to mean. It's one of the great barriers to communicating among people.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 04:40:36 pm by TechTalk »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1788 on: September 19, 2021, 04:39:18 pm »

'little man'
This is really getting insulting   "little man" is an insult too.  The whole use of the German Der Kleine was an attempt to associate Nazi thought with me as people have done here in the past.   I don't buy your explanation.  The whole LuLa is going down the drain.,  Why the owner puts up with the constant insults is beyond me.  Pretty soon no one will be posting here.

TechTalk

« Reply #1789 on: September 19, 2021, 04:41:48 pm »

There are people in this world who are capable of bridging absolutely incredible distances when jumping leaping to conclusions.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1790 on: September 19, 2021, 04:42:14 pm »

Yes, I remember that. You asked him about Canadian and U.S. voter ID requirements: "Why should your Canada and probably most other countries have ID requirements but America should waive its requirements?"—to which he responded by broadly comparing the level of racism and inequality that exists in the two countries as a possible explanation.

You had some interesting responses in reply that attributed statements to him which differed substantially from what he actually said.

Although your immediate reply was to project his thoughts...

Yes. I remember that. It was less than six months ago. It caused two longtime and regular contributors to leave the forum, directly due to your comments, and who have not returned since. When others have complained about your comments, you've claimed that you're the victim of people calling you a nazi and a racist—something I don't ever recall happening.

Of course, words can be claimed to mean almost anything that anyone wants them to mean. It's one of the great barriers to communicating among people.
Well if the insults against me don't stop, I'll be gone too.  Others have already left because of the nastiness and personal assaults by many members.

TechTalk

« Reply #1791 on: September 19, 2021, 05:03:02 pm »

Internet forums are well known to generate at least as much heat as they do light—regardless of what the topic might be. Some choose never to participate in them or choose to do so anonymously because of that fact; while others may leave after a time because they don't like the heat. None of which will change the nature of the internet.

Owners of forums may choose to moderate commentary, whether that consists of language considered insulting; or the broadcasting of false assertions and accusations; or other criteria. It is ultimately up to them as it is their right on their forums.

TechTalk

« Reply #1792 on: September 19, 2021, 05:10:47 pm »

Others have already left because of the nastiness and personal assaults by many members.

Yes, I know. I mentioned two of them earlier.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1793 on: September 19, 2021, 05:12:11 pm »

Internet forums are well known to generate at least as much heat as they do light—regardless of what the topic might be. Some choose never to participate in them or choose to do so anonymously because of that fact; while others may leave after a time because they don't like the heat. None of which will change the nature of the internet.

Owners of forums may choose to moderate commentary, whether that consists of language considered insulting; or the broadcasting of false assertions and accusations; or other criteria. It is ultimately up to them as it is their right on their forums.
Regardlees of what an Administrator does or doesn't do, debating points by insulting other members personally and attacking their person is low class and childish.  Additionally, this is a photo forum where we should give each other respect because of our common interests.  I'm for lowering the heat and debating on substance.  Do you think this is a good idea? 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #1794 on: September 19, 2021, 06:00:33 pm »

'little man'

Yours was a Nazi reference. Please do not play dumb or naive... or think we are dumb or naive.

TechTalk

« Reply #1795 on: September 19, 2021, 06:07:59 pm »

Yours was a Nazi reference. Please do not play dumb or naive... or think we are dumb or naive.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 06:17:44 pm by TechTalk »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1796 on: September 19, 2021, 06:13:15 pm »

... And as for Slobodan's 'despicable' grand standing, the record shows that he showed no such objection to Der Kleine's defamatory interchange with jeremyrh...

Please show those records. Show me that I actively participated in that thread around the time and instance the alleged "defamatory interchange" happened.

From day one of my participation on LuLa I voiced clearly my opinion that personal attacks via name calling is not ok. It is one thing calling someone an "idiot" and making inference what the other party's opinion might mean.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1797 on: September 19, 2021, 06:20:42 pm »

Der Kleine which translates literally to a small or little man or boy—but translated to Perpetual Victimhood actually means "nazi".

So, if the intent was to call Alan Klein "a little man" (as if it isn't insulting by itself) ... why not say so in English? Why switch to German, if not for the Nazi reference? Not to mention his last name is Klein, not Kleine.

Alan Klein has been consistently one of the most polite and patient debater on this forum. And mostly correct. The whole fake outrage about an inference he made is manufactured so that you (rhetorical you)  finally have a "justification" for a consistent barrage of insults thrown at him.

TechTalk

« Reply #1798 on: September 19, 2021, 06:36:25 pm »

So, if the intent was to call Alan Klein "a little man" (as if it isn't insulting by itself) ... why not say so in English? Why switch to German, if not for the Nazi reference?

Word play could be one explanation. An example of which would be the Oscar Wilde play The Importance of Being Earnest in which he uses the word earnest [meaning sincere conviction] in the title and whose main character named Ernest is leading a double life. See the play on words there?

Now, I don't know what another person's motives are in the words they use. I also generally prefer not to speculate, assert, infer, or assume. There's no need. I can read the words that are actually used without presuming them to have some camouflaged meaning.

Not to mention his last name is Klein, not Kleine.

Ernest, not Earnest—see above for explanation.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 08:37:21 am by TechTalk »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1799 on: September 19, 2021, 06:42:37 pm »

... Ernest, not Earnest—see above for explanation.

Thanks, Mr. DoubleTalk.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 153   Go Up