Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 153   Go Down

Author Topic: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine  (Read 108037 times)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine
« Reply #1520 on: May 19, 2021, 05:26:02 pm »

Adding C19 death curves for Canada and US (as of 2 weeks ago). At that time, US vaccination rate was much higher than in Canada.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1521 on: May 19, 2021, 06:11:49 pm »

Below is a chart of most vaccinated countries, followed by a death curve in Israel, the most vaccinated coountry, and also the death curve worldwide.
Draw your own conclusions.

Meanwhile, Canada isn't even on the vaccine chart but Uruguay is.  So what does that say about Canada?

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1522 on: May 19, 2021, 08:26:58 pm »

Meanwhile, Canada isn't even on the vaccine chart but Uruguay is.  So what does that say about Canada?

This is not about Canada vs USA, but about a race between life and death.
But since you asked, Canada now has strong supply and demand of vaccine doses and is vaccinating 0.88 per cent of the population daily. According to federal data from both countries, Canada eclipsed US in vaccination rate about 2 weeks ago, and is now administering more doses per capita each day than the U.S.

This week alone, Canada will receive 4.5 million doses of Pfizer and Moderna vaccine (Pfizer moved up next week’s delivery because of the Victoria Day long weekend). And that has allowed provinces to open the vaccine appointment spigot even wider: As of May 18, everyone aged 18 and older in Ontario can book a time to get their shot on the provincial system.

Now, at our current pace, Canada should reach 75 per cent by June 19. In addition, 75 per cent of all eligible Canadians 12 and up could have second doses by the second week in August. There’s no sign of a slowdown yet in Canada, as provinces keep opening eligibility and supplies appear to be steady. Not counting current inventories and future announcements, Canada has enough scheduled deliveries to average 378,000 doses a day, well above its current seven-day rate of 356,904. Eventually, the pace of first dose vaccinations will plateau, as provinces focus their supplies toward second doses, but Tombe doesn’t think it will happen any point soon. Nor, in all likelihood, he believes, will Canada lose its status as the top first-dose nation in North America.

United States is struggling with the concerning issue of vaccine hesitancy. A late-April poll showed that around a quarter of adults in the U.S. don’t want to get a shot. In Canada, only nine per cent say they won’t get the vaccine compared to 88 per cent who either will or have received a dose, according to a new Angus Reid poll. Even though the United States has never had vaccine supply issues, demand has slowed dramatically. Its daily rate of first doses plunged after reaching nearly 40 per cent. So whereas it was once giving first doses to 0.6 per cent of its population daily, that rate is now down to 0.2 per cent

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada-is-about-to-surpass-the-u-s-in-first-doses-of-the-covid-vaccine/

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1523 on: May 20, 2021, 07:52:02 am »

This is not about Canada vs USA, but about a race between life and death.
But since you asked, Canada now has strong supply and demand of vaccine doses and is vaccinating 0.88 per cent of the population daily. According to federal data from both countries, Canada eclipsed US in vaccination rate about 2 weeks ago, and is now administering more doses per capita each day than the U.S.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada-is-about-to-surpass-the-u-s-in-first-doses-of-the-covid-vaccine/

But it seems that you and many others here can't wait to knock Americans as if we're some sort of boobs despite the fact 100+ million of us have had shots. You do the same thing with our former president and his Operation Warp Speed that's basically getting us herd immunity or close and many other things we do. The constant putdowns of our country get tiring.  Doesn't anyone have something nice to say about us?   Canada has faults.  But I still think you have a pretty good country and good friends. 

degrub

« Reply #1524 on: May 20, 2021, 12:32:53 pm »

Here is a very good read on how the debate about transmission of viral particles and bacteria came about, entrenched mitigation doctrine (wash hands), and previous recognition of airborne transmission was wildly skewed.

https://www.wired.com/story/the-teeny-tiny-scientific-screwup-that-helped-covid-kill/#intcid=recommendations_right-rail-shorter-timeframe-experiment-1hr_eeec32a2-ac17-4120-b3d5-81b20f5de121_popular4-1

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1525 on: May 20, 2021, 12:52:24 pm »

But it seems that you and many others here can't wait to knock Americans as if we're some sort of boobs despite the fact 100+ million of us have had shots. You do the same thing with our former president and his Operation Warp Speed that's basically getting us herd immunity or close and many other things we do. The constant putdowns of our country get tiring.  Doesn't anyone have something nice to say about us?   Canada has faults.  But I still think you have a pretty good country and good friends.

Are you still peddling the nonsense that Trump did a good job?
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1526 on: May 20, 2021, 01:23:01 pm »

Are you still peddling the nonsense that Trump did a good job?
Operation Warp Speed was superb.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1527 on: May 20, 2021, 01:59:39 pm »

Alan, I never wrote anything to knock Americans. I am an equal opportunity critiquer and often highlight also problems in other countries, including my own. I wish everyone was as responsible as you, keeping social distance, wearing mask, washing hands and getting vaccinations, but when it comes to covidiots, you'll find them everywhere, even in Canada.

I actually like Americans, however I draw a line at Trumps, Giuliani and Cruz. And I must admit I was never crazy about Ellen Degeneres.
Thank you very much for your compliments on Canada.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1528 on: May 20, 2021, 03:46:26 pm »

Alan, I never wrote anything to knock Americans. I am an equal opportunity critiquer and often highlight also problems in other countries, including my own. I wish everyone was as responsible as you, keeping social distance, wearing mask, washing hands and getting vaccinations, but when it comes to covidiots, you'll find them everywhere, even in Canada.

I actually like Americans, however I draw a line at Trumps, Giuliani and Cruz. And I must admit I was never crazy about Ellen Degeneres.
Thank you very much for your compliments on Canada.

Well, as usual, I spoke too quickly.  I'm sorry.

I haven't found too many covidiots where I live.  There are a few I suppose.  But most people seem to be fairly responsible. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1529 on: May 23, 2021, 07:47:42 pm »

Update:

Intelligence on Sick Staff at Wuhan Lab Fuels Debate On Covid-19 Origin
Report says researchers went to hospital in November 2019, shortly before confirmed outbreak; adds to calls for probe of whether virus escaped lab
https://www.wsj.com/articles/intelligence-on-sick-staff-at-wuhan-lab-fuels-debate-on-covid-19-origin-11621796228

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1530 on: May 23, 2021, 08:53:58 pm »

Why did it take 18 months to notice it? Now it's most probably too late to do anything with that information.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1531 on: May 23, 2021, 11:19:56 pm »

Why did it take 18 months to notice it? Now it's most probably too late to do anything with that information.

Knowing who and how it started allows the world to assign blame and help stop it from happening again, especially if it was man made.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1532 on: May 24, 2021, 09:02:31 pm »

Received today the following email from a friend who lives now in Mexico. He and his wife travelled from Mexico to USA to get their covid shots, so they are fully protected now.

Our good friend from Ajijic died yesterday. She was visiting the United States with her son. The whole family was conservative, religious, Trump voters, refused to be vaccinated, and that's how it turned out. She was only 63 years old, but overweight, diabetic, and had difficulty moving. So a vulnerable person with multiple risks. She contracted Covid and died despite medical help. Her son also had Covid, but he got out of it.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1533 on: May 25, 2021, 12:20:48 pm »

Knowing who and how it started allows the world to assign blame and help stop it from happening again, especially if it was man made.

And now there is a new pigdemic coming from China.

Chinese scientists have discovered new mild, but highly transmissible strains of a deadly pig disease that has caused havoc for pork farmers across Asia.
The new variants of African Swine Fever (ASF) could complicate efforts to control the disease.

Obese pigs in China are being blamed for worsening a sudden rout in the country’s pork prices. Farmers have been fattening hogs since late last year to almost double their normal weight -- roughly the size of a pygmy hippo or a female polar bear -- in the hope the animals will generate higher returns should prices rebound.

Cao Tao, a pig trader in the northwestern province of Shaanxi, said many of the swine he’s buying weigh more than 200 kilograms, compared with their usual size of around 125 kilograms. “Some farmers are holding onto their larger pigs on hopes of a price rebound,” he said. Instead, Chinese wholesale pork prices have plunged more than 40% since mid-January amid sluggish demand, increased imports and panic selling by farmers after fresh outbreaks of African swine fever.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/chinese-scientists-warn-new-variants-deadly-african-swine-fever/

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1534 on: May 25, 2021, 12:54:58 pm »

Received today the following email from a friend who lives now in Mexico. He and his wife travelled from Mexico to USA to get their covid shots, so they are fully protected now.

Sorry to hear about your friend's friend.  Could Canadians get shots in America?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1535 on: May 25, 2021, 12:58:06 pm »

And now there is a new pigdemic coming from China.

I'm more concerned about Covid.  If it was man-made, as seems likely, we have to re-consider developing  these dangerous diseases for research.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1536 on: May 25, 2021, 01:05:21 pm »

Sorry to hear about your friend's friend.  Could Canadians get shots in America?

Alan, my friend and his wife are American citizens. Before, they lived in Virginia, but a few years ago they moved to central Mexico because of lower living costs and greater quality of life.

Canadians can get now their free covid shots in USA. but it's stil a hassle to travel there. Most Canadians have received by now their first covid shot, and soon they should receive their second shots.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/desperate-canadians-fly-south-to-get-covid-vaccine-shots-as-u-s-demand-falls

JoeKitchen

« Reply #1537 on: May 25, 2021, 01:08:32 pm »

The problem here Alan is that even if we find the smoking gun proving this came from a lab due to incompetence, nothing will happen.  Why?  Because Biden is a weak feckless president who "has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.”   

China is wining not because it is strong, but because the West, with the USA leading, has decided to give up, all for nothing but money. 

For the same reasons in the 1930s, when so many outside Germany worked with the Nazi's, many people just are caving to their morals for profit, and China knows it.  Actor John Cena just had to issue an apology for stating the simple fact that Taiwan is a country.  Appeasement for money, that is it. 

I think now though we are wondering down a very dangerous path, especially with Biden trying to re-enter the Iran deal.  This past Israel-Hamas fight was almost certainly used as an information gathering campaign on the Israeli defense systems by Iran, especially given the single Iranian drone flying over Israel, which the only plausible explanation was to record information.  (If it was part of a military campaign to help Hamas, many would have been sent, not one.)  So Iran now is gathering defense information on Israel, and getting sanctions lifted by Biden, providing them with capital, and setting up the stage for a war between Israel and Iran. 

Then, through on top of that that Iran has recently allied itself with China and Russia, and, given recent statements from, Pakistan would almost certainly help out Iran to defeat Israel if need be.  Israel too has many allies, most of the West, including us, and, if Pakistan was drug into something, India would soon follow. 

It very well could be springtime in 1914 again. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1538 on: May 25, 2021, 01:18:09 pm »

The problem here Alan is that even if we find the smoking gun proving this came from a lab due to incompetence, nothing will happen.  Why?  Because Biden is a weak feckless president who "has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.”   

China is wining not because it is strong, but because the West, with the USA leading, has decided to give up, all for nothing but money. 

For the same reasons in the 1930s, when so many outside Germany worked with the Nazi's, many people just are caving to their morals for profit, and China knows it.  Actor John Cena just had to issue an apology for stating the simple fact that Taiwan is a country.  Appeasement for money, that is it. 

I think now though we are wondering down a very dangerous path, especially with Biden trying to re-enter the Iran deal.  This past Israel-Hamas fight was almost certainly used as an information gathering campaign on the Israeli defense systems by Iran, especially given the single Iranian drone flying over Israel, which the only plausible explanation was to record information.  (If it was part of a military campaign to help Hamas, many would have been sent, not one.)  So Iran now is gathering defense information on Israel, and getting sanctions lifted by Biden, providing them with capital, and setting up the stage for a war between Israel and Iran. 

Then, through on top of that that Iran has recently allied itself with China and Russia, and, given recent statements from, Pakistan would almost certainly help out Iran to defeat Israel if need be.  Israel too has many allies, most of the West, including us, and, if Pakistan was drug into something, India would soon follow. 

It very well could be springtime in 1914 again. 
Biden's allowing WHO to continue the investigation regarding Covid which is letting the fox back into the henhouse.  Biden had America rejoin WHO.  Meanwhile who knows what China is doing with viral research?  Iran is going to become a real pain again in the ME once Biden re-establishes the agreement.  Iran already has said no more pictures allowed by inspectors and the renewed agreement isn't even in force. 

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1539 on: May 25, 2021, 02:28:27 pm »

I'm more concerned about Covid.  If it was man-made, as seems likely, we have to re-consider developing  these dangerous diseases for research.

As seems likely????

Please state your source...
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 153   Go Up