Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 153   Go Down

Author Topic: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine  (Read 107347 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine
« Reply #1400 on: April 27, 2021, 10:12:09 am »

As usual, you are not being honest...

Stop posting rubbish, as usual, Bart.

Your own citation contains the same words: ... But this is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about."

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1401 on: April 27, 2021, 11:32:45 am »

Stop posting rubbish, as usual, Bart.

Your own citation contains the same words: ... But this is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about."

Are you having reading comprehension issues, Slobodan? And why are you trying to obfuscate by selectively quoting without context? "RIGHT NOW" means that at that moment in time there was not a big problem in the USA (yet!). Fauci also said that people should take it seriously and follow the CDC guidelines.
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1402 on: April 27, 2021, 11:37:46 am »

Your "right now" are weasel words.   Fauci wasn't concerned.  Did he call for a freeze on travel?

Fauci doesn't decide on travel restrictions, he is an immunologist.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1403 on: April 27, 2021, 01:33:50 pm »

I didn't see this one coming. At a private school in Florida, teachers who have been vaccinated are not wanted back, https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/04/florida-private-school-threatens-jobs-teachers-who-seek-covid-19-vaccines.
--
Robert

degrub

« Reply #1404 on: April 27, 2021, 03:26:38 pm »

yeah, but the owners of the "school" are prominent anti vaccine promoters.
no surprise.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1405 on: April 27, 2021, 04:23:01 pm »

Fauci doesn't decide on travel restrictions, he is an immunologist.
So Trump was smarter than Fauci and shut down travel from China.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1406 on: April 27, 2021, 05:00:39 pm »

That statement is devoid of logic, on several levels.

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #1407 on: April 27, 2021, 05:16:48 pm »

That's a feature, not a bug.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1408 on: April 27, 2021, 05:20:42 pm »

That's a feature, not a bug.

True, unfortunately.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1409 on: April 27, 2021, 06:58:32 pm »

It makes more sense than your post.  It's over your head. 

chez

« Reply #1410 on: April 27, 2021, 07:13:10 pm »

I didn't see this one coming. At a private school in Florida, teachers who have been vaccinated are not wanted back, https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/04/florida-private-school-threatens-jobs-teachers-who-seek-covid-19-vaccines.

Stupid is as stupid does.

chez

« Reply #1411 on: April 27, 2021, 07:16:19 pm »

Alan, we've been around this block a few times. Yes, Trump sort of shutdown travel from China...but during this shutdown, many thousands of people that were in China came back to the US without any testing or tracing or other measures...free to wander the US spreading the virus. Shutting down the travel without a plan on how to handle the people still coming in was totally useless as we can see with the death toll the virus has racked up. You put Trump on such a high pedestal for his quick action...but he did not follow through with an entire plan and the rest is history...not one to be proud of.

chez

« Reply #1412 on: April 27, 2021, 07:17:40 pm »

Are you having reading comprehension issues, Slobodan? And why are you trying to obfuscate by selectively quoting without context? "RIGHT NOW" means that at that moment in time there was not a big problem in the USA (yet!). Fauci also said that people should take it seriously and follow the CDC guidelines.

Slob has a great skill of selectively reading things that line up with his warped views...leaving the facts for others to post.

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #1413 on: April 27, 2021, 07:28:12 pm »

Slob has a great skill. . . .

You mean Slobodan?  He has never concealed his actual name: why not use it?  He also identifies his location, for that matter.  People posting in a political forum (that's not how I intended this thread when I started it, but, sigh, welcome to the Internet) really ought to identify themselves, at least minimally.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 09:10:16 pm by Chris Kern »

chez

« Reply #1414 on: April 27, 2021, 09:56:31 pm »

You mean Slobodan?  He has never concealed his actual name: why not use it?  He also identifies his location, for that matter.  People posting in a political forum (that's not how I intended this thread when I started it, but, sigh, welcome to the Internet) really ought to identify themselves, at least minimally.

Does that make idiotic responses somehow better?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1415 on: April 27, 2021, 11:25:24 pm »

Alan, we've been around this block a few times. Yes, Trump sort of shutdown travel from China...but during this shutdown, many thousands of people that were in China came back to the US without any testing or tracing or other measures...free to wander the US spreading the virus. Shutting down the travel without a plan on how to handle the people still coming in was totally useless as we can see with the death toll the virus has racked up. You put Trump on such a high pedestal for his quick action...but he did not follow through with an entire plan and the rest is history...not one to be proud of.
Strawman You totally missed the point.  While Fauci was declaring everything is fine, Trump shutdown Chinese travel and Biden called him xenophobic for doing so.  We were talking about Fauci's incompetence.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1416 on: April 27, 2021, 11:29:28 pm »

Does that make idiotic responses somehow better?
His responses are fine and on the mark. You're the one stooping to insults.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1417 on: April 28, 2021, 05:48:33 am »

"Sir, this is a call from your friendly fire department. Your kitchen on the ground floor is on fire. But it is not a major threat to you and your family upstairs, and right now you shouldn't worry about it... It is a very, very low risk for you, just something that we at the fire department should take very seriously."

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1418 on: April 28, 2021, 06:05:07 am »

You mean Slobodan?  He has never concealed his actual name: why not use it?...

Thanks, Chris, appreciated.

I suspect chez is a native-English speaker and should know that "slob" has a negative connotation in English. If he or others find it tedious to type my full name, I've said on several occasions that "Slobo" is an accepted abbreviation both in my mother tongue and in English. If someone continues to use "slob"... well, I am thick-skinned, so wouldn't' care, but I (and others) would know it is used deliberately as an insult.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1419 on: April 28, 2021, 06:25:18 am »

Alan, we've been around this block a few times. Yes, Trump sort of shutdown travel from China...but during this shutdown, many thousands of people that were in China came back to the US without any testing or tracing or other measures...free to wander the US spreading the virus. Shutting down the travel without a plan on how to handle the people still coming in was totally useless...

Trump did what he had a constitutional authority to do: restrict international flights. He did not have any authority to do what you think he should have done. This is something governors have prerogatives for. What federal authorities could have done, is to recommend certain measures. But again, such recommendations should not come from a politician, even if he is the president, but from CDC and Fauxi. They didn't do it.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 153   Go Up