Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 153   Go Down

Author Topic: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine  (Read 108421 times)

chez

Re: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine
« Reply #1420 on: April 28, 2021, 08:34:04 am »

Trump did what he had a constitutional authority to do: restrict international flights. He did not have any authority to do what you think he should have done. This is something governors have prerogatives for. What federal authorities could have done, is to recommend certain measures. But again, such recommendations should not come from a politician, even if he is the president, but from CDC and Fauxi. They didn't do it.

Yeah, don't worry about it...it will be gone when it gets hot. Go out and party it up and have a drink of some Lysol. Is this all Trump could have done...all he had under his authority. I think not.

Do a bit of research before you state something as a fact. The federal government has the authority to detain and isolate people entering the us with suspected disease. Your dribble is totally false.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 09:08:41 am by chez »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1421 on: April 28, 2021, 09:38:53 am »

Yeah, don't worry about it...it will be gone when it gets hot. Go out and party it up and have a drink of some Lysol. Is this all Trump could have done...all he had under his authority. I think not.

Do a bit of research before you state something as a fact. The federal government has the authority to detain and isolate people entering the us with suspected disease. Your dribble is totally false.
Let's see. When Trump stopped Chinese travelers from coming to the USA, Biden called him xenophobic and the Democrats called him racist.  When he isolated and detained illegals coming across the southern border he was castigated for that as he was when he limited Muslims from dangerous countries due to terrorist issues.  What would you have called him if he detained and isolated regular American citizens?

The fact is whatever he did was played in the press as wrong, illegal, immoral.  He was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.  That's all unfortunate.  Because of politics many of his good policies are being reversed just because it was he who implemented them.  Such as Iran, illegal immigration at the southern border, climate, taxes, etc.  This knee-jerk reaction by Biden is hurting the country.  One can say what's going on at the border is better now.  The claims of children being locked up in jails have really come true under Biden.  Iran is about ready to walk over the whole ME again and get clearance to produce their nukes.  Biden and the Democrats are going to break the bank with their stimulation and central planning.  I congratulate him for seemingly sticking with being tough on China.  But how long will that last? 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #1422 on: April 28, 2021, 03:00:29 pm »

... Do a bit of research before you state something as a fact. The federal government has the authority to detain and isolate people entering the us with suspected disease. Your dribble is totally false.

I will let Chris Kern educate us on that.

However, even today, under Biden, the only requirement for entering the US for US citizens is a negative covid test. No quarantine. if I remember correctly, in January 2020, such tests were not available.

hogloff

« Reply #1423 on: April 28, 2021, 03:25:58 pm »

Let's see. When Trump stopped Chinese travelers from coming to the USA, Biden called him xenophobic and the Democrats called him racist.  When he isolated and detained illegals coming across the southern border he was castigated for that as he was when he limited Muslims from dangerous countries due to terrorist issues.  What would you have called him if he detained and isolated regular American citizens?

The fact is whatever he did was played in the press as wrong, illegal, immoral.  He was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.  That's all unfortunate.  Because of politics many of his good policies are being reversed just because it was he who implemented them.  Such as Iran, illegal immigration at the southern border, climate, taxes, etc.  This knee-jerk reaction by Biden is hurting the country.  One can say what's going on at the border is better now.  The claims of children being locked up in jails have really come true under Biden.  Iran is about ready to walk over the whole ME again and get clearance to produce their nukes.  Biden and the Democrats are going to break the bank with their stimulation and central planning.  I congratulate him for seemingly sticking with being tough on China.  But how long will that last? 

Sometimes doing the right thing might not look that great politically. Many countries around the world make people self isolate for 14 days upon entering the country.

chez

« Reply #1424 on: April 28, 2021, 06:04:40 pm »

It’s not the Chinese travelers that caused the problem, it was the infected American travelers coming home without being checked for the virus and without any quarantine or self isolation and without any tracking that caused the biggest problem. The travelers quickly spread throughout the states along with the virus some of them carried.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1425 on: April 28, 2021, 07:54:05 pm »

It’s not the Chinese travelers that caused the problem, it was the infected American travelers coming home without being checked for the virus and without any quarantine or self isolation and without any tracking...

Can you tell us who at that time (end of January 2020) recommended such measures? Fauxi? CDC? Anyone?

Manoli

« Reply #1426 on: April 29, 2021, 02:45:59 am »

Can you tell us who at that time (end of January 2020) recommended such measures? Fauxi? CDC? Anyone?

An asinine question if ever there was one.
January 2020 ?

Lockdowns started in March 2020. Different dates for different countries in the West. Quarantining and self-isolation weren't effective until effective testing and contact tracing were implemented much later.

January 31: Trump blocks travel from China. An executive order blocking entry to the US from anyone who has been in China in the last 14 days. It does not apply to US residents and family members or spouses of US residents or citizens. The order becomes effective on February 2.

March 11: Trump bans travel from Europe. The ban does not apply to US citizens and only includes the 26 Schengen countries. The UK and Ireland are not included, and US citizens are exempt.

-
At a House subcommittee hearing on the coronavirus on Feb. 5, Ron Klain , White House Ebola response coordinator under the Obama administration, took issue with the characterization of the travel restrictions as a travel “ban.”  “We don’t have a travel ban,” Klain said. “We have a travel Band-Aid right now. First, before it was imposed, 300,000 people came here from China in the previous month. So, the horse is out of the barn.”

-
From Covid is a “hoax” to needing supplementary oxygen. How a disaster unfolded.
https://youtu.be/eeuHkBGOp3E
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGAI9EqnQBi/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 03:24:36 am by Manoli »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1427 on: April 29, 2021, 04:10:45 am »

January 2020 ?

Lockdowns started in March 2020. Different dates for different countries in the West. Quarantining and self-isolation weren't effective until effective testing and contact tracing were implemented much later...

QED.

Just wondering why was my question “asinine,” when you actually proved my point by answering it?

Manoli

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1429 on: April 29, 2021, 06:24:54 am »

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/the-facts-on-trumps-travel-restrictions/

You are taking advantage of the missing moderator.When links without explanation and without stating your point were discouraged.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1430 on: April 29, 2021, 08:50:25 am »

January 2020 ?

Lockdowns started in March 2020. Different dates for different countries in the West. Quarantining and self-isolation weren't effective until effective testing and contact tracing were implemented much later.

January 31: Trump blocks travel from China. An executive order blocking entry to the US from anyone who has been in China in the last 14 days. It does not apply to US residents and family members or spouses of US residents or citizens. The order becomes effective on February 2.

March 11: Trump bans travel from Europe. The ban does not apply to US citizens and only includes the 26 Schengen countries. The UK and Ireland are not included, and US citizens are exempt.

-
At a House subcommittee hearing on the coronavirus on Feb. 5, Ron Klain , White House Ebola response coordinator under the Obama administration, took issue with the characterization of the travel restrictions as a travel “ban.”  “We don’t have a travel ban,” Klain said. “We have a travel Band-Aid right now. First, before it was imposed, 300,000 people came here from China in the previous month. So, the horse is out of the barn.”

-
From Covid is a “hoax” to needing supplementary oxygen. How a disaster unfolded.
https://youtu.be/eeuHkBGOp3E
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGAI9EqnQBi/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

You didn't answer Slobodan's question of "who" among the scientists and experts, CDC or Fauci, recommended the shutdowns?  We know what Trump shutdown as president.  While Trump made a decision on January 31 to start them, Fauci was still claiming there's nothing to worry about and Democrats called Trump a racist for his China shutdown order. You keep ignoring what actually happened and who said what. Who cares what Ron Klain said in March over a month after Trump's shutdowns started.  Klain is a political hack for the Democratic party.  He's not a scientist.  He worked for Obama and now works for Biden. 

James Clark

« Reply #1431 on: April 29, 2021, 10:00:02 am »

You are taking advantage of the missing moderator.When links without explanation and without stating your point were discouraged.

The URL is pretty clear in this case ;)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1432 on: April 29, 2021, 10:05:43 am »

It’s not the Chinese travelers that caused the problem, it was the infected American travelers coming home without being checked for the virus and without any quarantine or self isolation and without any tracking that caused the biggest problem. The travelers quickly spread throughout the states along with the virus some of them carried.
You totally missed the point again.  At least Trump started doing something.  Biden and Fauci were opposed to doing anything. 

James Clark

« Reply #1433 on: April 29, 2021, 10:13:57 am »

That's simply not true.

According to a March 7, 2020 NY Times Article:

Over four days in the White House Situation Room, the nation’s top public health and national security officials engaged in a fierce debate over whether to take the extraordinary step of banning travel from China.

Public health officials were initially wary. Experts have long recommended against restricting travel during outbreaks, arguing that it is often ineffective and can stymie the response by limiting the movements of doctors and other health professionals trying to contain the disease. A ban would anger China, they worried, ending any hope of cooperation with American medical teams.

Officials at the National Security Council and Department of Homeland Security argued that China had already proved unwilling to cooperate. A third group inside the White House was worried that the move would incite panic and could roil the financial markets.

By Thursday, Jan. 30, the public health officials had come around. Mr. Azar, Dr. Redfield and Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, agreed that a ban on travel from the epidemic’s center could buy some time to put into place prevention and testing measures. “There was so much we didn’t know about this virus,” Dr. Redfield said in an interview. “We were rapidly understanding it was much more transmissible, that it had a great ability to go global.”

If you don't like that source, according to a March 12th WSJ article:

He [Trump] also was reluctant to sign off on the first virus-related travel ban aimed at China, concerned about the signal it would send to markets and his relationship with President Xi Jinping, aides said. He eventually agreed to it on the advice of Mr. Azar, aides said, and now touts it as one of his proudest actions during the crisis.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 10:20:19 am by James Clark »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1434 on: April 29, 2021, 10:57:55 am »

The URL is pretty clear in this case ;)

Right... but the purpose of posting it? The point it was supposed to make?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1435 on: April 29, 2021, 11:00:00 am »

That's simply not true.

Again, James, what is your point? At least related to what I've been posting on the subject?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1436 on: April 29, 2021, 11:00:28 am »

That's simply not true.

So your articles confirmed that the CDC and Fauci changed their minds.  But you failed to mention that it was Trump, as president, who ordered the shutdown on Jan 31st, risking political fallout which did occur when Biden called him a xenophobe and Democrats called him racist. Exactly what his advisors told him would happen.  Yet Trump took the politically hard decision and faced contempt from the other side.  It's interesting, you don't show articles of Biden and the Democrat's positions against Trump's decision. You keep repeating the false claim he didn't act and somehow Biden and the Democrats were ahead of him.

James Clark

« Reply #1437 on: April 29, 2021, 11:12:30 am »

Again, James, what is your point? At least related to what I've been posting on the subject?

Simply to show that Fauci, Azar and other health officials DID, in fact, recommend shutting down travel from China in the late days of January, 2020.  I wasn't making any point about Trump - clearly he had to agree to for it to happen.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 11:17:32 am by James Clark »

James Clark

« Reply #1438 on: April 29, 2021, 11:15:58 am »

So your articles confirmed that the CDC and Fauci changed their minds.  But you failed to mention that it was Trump, as president, who ordered the shutdown on Jan 31st, risking political fallout which did occur when Biden called him a xenophobe and Democrats called him racist. Exactly what his advisors told him would happen.  Yet Trump took the politically hard decision and faced contempt from the other side.  It's interesting, you don't show articles of Biden and the Democrat's positions against Trump's decision. You keep repeating the false claim he didn't act and somehow Biden and the Democrats were ahead of him.

I didn't say anything positive OR negative about Biden/Democrats - in fact, I didn't mention them at all.  I'm refuting the idea that somehow Trump was ahead of the curve and that the health officials were all wrong, especially when, at least according to WSJ, it was *they* who had to convince *Trump* to restrict travel.  Heck, Alan, I'm not even condemning Trump for considering  the impact the decision would have on China/US relations - that consideration makes sense to me.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1439 on: April 29, 2021, 01:11:03 pm »

Simply to show that Fauci, Azar and other health officials DID, in fact, recommend shutting down travel from China in the late days of January, 2020.  I wasn't making any point about Trump - clearly he had to agree to for it to happen.

Fair enough. I wasn't disputing that.

My beef was with chaz who claimed that shutting down travel from China by Trump was almost useless without supporting measures of quarantine, testing and contract tracing. I was arguing that no one (Fauxi, CDC, whatnot) at the time suggested such measures nor they were even possible at the time. Therefore it is not fair to blame Trump for the lack of such measures by the Monday-morning-quarterbacks.

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 153   Go Up