Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 805   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 454848 times)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #16020 on: February 02, 2024, 04:32:04 pm »

Another facial recognition success story results in false imprisonment https://petapixel.com/2024/01/30/grandfather-sues-sunglass-hut-after-facial-recognition-led-to-false-arrest/.

Tech not ready for prime time yet? Who cares, release it anyway, they can always sue if something goes wrong! Regulation? We don't need so stinking regulation.

--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #16021 on: February 04, 2024, 10:19:53 pm »

Some people get really angry when they lose an election, https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68190874. Good thing they only had rifles and not anything worse.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #16022 on: February 04, 2024, 10:27:35 pm »

However, regarding the drug problem, I have seen family, courts, politicians, the user and even the police, drop the ball along the way. Too difficult now (and maybe even back then) to coordinate all those responsible for a sound, appropriate solution. Not only did I deal with the issue(s) as a cop, but from a personal perspective, have a relative that has been a serious drug addict for all his adult life (mid 30's now). He is currently living (if that is what it is called) on the streets, with absolutely no prospect of turning himself around. Sadly, I expect he will overdose some day....

You might be interested in this podcast series, https://www.pushkin.fm/podcasts/hot-money. Unfortunately it consists of 8 one-hour long episodes so it requires time and perseverance. I listen to podcasts while driving, not sure I could sit at home and do it. The series is about Irish organized crime, international super cartels, rich vermin in Dubai and the efforts of international agencies to try and stem the tide.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #16023 on: February 09, 2024, 07:31:35 am »

I got a big kick out of this story, https://www.nydailynews.com/2024/02/08/sliwa-assumed-man-attacked-by-guardian-angels-in-times-square-was-migrant-because-he-spoke-spanish/.

I guess the guy should be grateful these "angels" weren't armed. Or maybe they should be grateful he wasn't. If he had been armed and shot them as they assaulted him, would that be viewed as legitimate self-defence?  The notion that they cornered this guy because he was Spanish-speaking is a little odd. My impression is that there are lots of Spanish-speaking people in New York.

I wonder if they assault many white English-speaking undocumented aliens.
--
Robert

marvpelkey

« Reply #16024 on: February 09, 2024, 07:24:46 pm »

Sliwa was positioning himself to be the city's crime fighter when he came upon the scene a couple decades ago, and for a while was in the news quite often. Then he seemed to just quietly fade away and, at least until recently, I have not see any mention of him or his group. In fact, I was a bit surprised that he is still around.

I watched a bit of this recent news broadcast and his associated interview. He likes being in front of the cameras, but now he just seems like an angry old(er) man.

Michael West

« Reply #16025 on: February 11, 2024, 02:20:34 pm »

Since this is, first and foremost a site on photography (expect for those who poop on carpets):

Of course Donald Trump shared a botched AI 'photo' of himself
Count the fingers. https://apple.news/AaL5qxlJSQGiV0jFbqzCzAw

its the rabies...acting up again

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #16026 on: February 11, 2024, 03:19:00 pm »

Quote from: Michael West link=topic6697.msg1258468#msg1258468 date07679234
its the rabies...acting up again
AND Syphilis? :D https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2024/01/18/trumps-red-hand-markings-draw-wild-speculation-including-syphilis-conspiracies/?sh"1410623d4a
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #16027 on: February 12, 2024, 11:11:31 am »

Trump is being very open about the people he would appoint if elected - the cabinet and judges etc. Loyalty to him will be paramount and will be placed ahead of loyalty to the constitution or the country. A major reason why his first administration was not worse than the horror it was is that some of his people had consciences and spines and stood up to him. Can one imagine what a second Trump administration would be like?

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #16028 on: February 12, 2024, 01:09:27 pm »

Turns out that Biden, Taylor Swift and the Deep State did rig the Super Bowl after all.
--
Robert

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #16029 on: February 12, 2024, 01:12:20 pm »

Turns out that Biden, Taylor Swift and the Deep State did rig the Super Bowl after all.

Amazing! Now this is a leader who can make things happen.
-MattB

Michael West

« Reply #16031 on: February 14, 2024, 10:28:26 pm »

Michael West

« Reply #16032 on: February 14, 2024, 10:31:00 pm »

Trump is being very open about the people he would appoint if elected - the cabinet and judges etc. Loyalty to him will be paramount and will be placed ahead of loyalty to the constitution or the country. A major reason why his first administration was not worse than the horror it was is that some of his people had consciences and spines and stood up to him. Can one imagine what a second Trump administration would be like?

Sadly yes. the worst of the pandemic.   riots and again by the insurrection.......

this cant be allowed to happen to the USA

with 91 felony counts against him I DOUBT THAT it WILL

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #16033 on: February 15, 2024, 09:25:46 am »

.with 91 felony counts against him I DOUBT THAT it WILL

O.J. got off.
--
Robert

Michael West

« Reply #16034 on: February 16, 2024, 08:18:20 pm »

O.J. got off.

not with 91 felony counts against him n several seerpearte trials>

donny will now be changing his lifestyle just  a bit considering the hundred of millions he now owes and without a bank on the planet willing to loan him a dime.

hes finished

A poll, released Wednesday from Bloomberg and Morning Consult, found that 53 percent of voters in key swing states would refuse to vote for Trump if he were convicted of a criminal offense.

I dont think his being found guilty of fraud...is likely endearing him to many voters.

that and his ever more rapidly increasing loopy condition

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #16035 on: February 17, 2024, 06:51:05 pm »

He had steaks and a university and how you lucky few (carpet poopers) can waste your money on:

Trump launches a sneaker line
Former President Donald Trump launched a line of sneakers ranging in price from $199 to $399.

I'm not making it up!
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-launches-sneaker-line-rcna139334
And of course, they are butt ugly!
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #16036 on: February 17, 2024, 09:58:26 pm »

not with 91 felony counts against him n several seerpearte trials>

donny will now be changing his lifestyle just  a bit considering the hundred of millions he now owes and without a bank on the planet willing to loan him a dime.

hes finished

A poll, released Wednesday from Bloomberg and Morning Consult, found that 53 percent of voters in key swing states would refuse to vote for Trump if he were convicted of a criminal offense.

I dont think his being found guilty of fraud...is likely endearing him to many voters.

that and his ever more rapidly increasing loopy condition

I hope you're right, but why is it only 53% How can that low-rent phoney gas bag have any support left. How can there be anyone left who thinks he's on their side.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #16037 on: February 17, 2024, 10:06:53 pm »

He had steaks and a university and how you lucky few (carpet poopers) can waste your money on:

Trump launches a sneaker line
Former President Donald Trump launched a line of sneakers ranging in price from $199 to $399.

I'm not making it up!
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-launches-sneaker-line-rcna139334
And of course, they are butt ugly!

Where are they made, Russia? Can't wait to see the pics of all the people wearing them at his MAGA rallies. And every pic, a free ad.

You can't keep a good grifter down. He has to sell a lot of shoes to raise enough to pay his lawyers, fines and plaintiff settlements. But I can't help feeling that he won't use a dime of his own money.

--
Robert

marvpelkey

« Reply #16038 on: February 17, 2024, 10:38:21 pm »

Under normal (whatever that is these days) circumstances, I would be reasonably confident that a person like Trump would lose a general election.

However, with the mass of (mindless) fans this guy has, including those who are adamant they would/will vote for him even if he is convicted of a criminal offence, further bolstered by all those selfish, timid politicians who will canvas on his behalf to sway even more to the dark side, coupled with a way-too-old competitor, I am not so confident that he won't be the next president. Keeping in mind, all that stuff about his university, steaks, racism, sociopathic tendencies, "diverting" funds from contributors and charities for his personal benefit, denigrating war heroes, etc etc etc, was well known by those who voted him in the first time.

It seems choosing a candidate these days isn't who's the best of the best, but who's not the worst of the worst.....

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #16039 on: February 18, 2024, 07:32:50 am »

Trump (or someone on his behalf) has started a GoFundMe campaign to pay off his fines and other legal debts, https://www.gofundme.com/f/lets-pay-the-trump-364-unjust-fine.

At one point, I read a statistic that about 1/3 of US GoFundMe campaigns are started by people who need help paying their medical bills. I have no idea how accurate that 1/3 number is but I saw it quoted a few times in various media (of course they may have been quoting the same source). I also read that very few of those reach their target. It seems odd to me that a billionaire needs help coming up with cash and needs to tap his would-be supporters. If they and his PACs or the RNC have to keep paying for his legal troubles, will there be any left to run a campaign? But maybe the continued press coverage of all this mess is a form of campaign. To a huckster, no publicity is bad publicity.

It may sound like I'm enjoying making fun of this situation, and in part I guess that's true. Trump is such a preposterous and comically incompetent figure that it's hard to resist. But reducing the US to a laughing stock in the world is not a good thing for anyone. For a sneaker-selling GoFundMe beggar that openly talks about encouraging Russia to attack NATO allies, which is all just dumb drunken bar talk, that a farcical nitwit like that to still be a contender for President doesn't say much for the current state of US governance. Preventing a few trans kids from seeking medical help isn't going to fix any of that.

--
Robert
Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 805   Go Up