Pages: 1 ... 778 779 [780] 781 782 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466441 times)

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #15580 on: November 09, 2022, 07:26:54 am »

Well, at least Hershel Walker and Dr. Oz didn't win. That's something.
--
Robert

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #15581 on: November 09, 2022, 10:40:45 am »

Colorado is looking pretty good. God I hope Boebert just goes away. Too close to call yet but I'm hopeful. Frisch seems like a great candidate but honestly I'd vote for a can of beans if it was running against Boebert.

I liked Polis' victory speech where he vowed to work for all Coloradoans, whether they voted for him or not. This is the kind of sentiment we need more of.
-MattB

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #15582 on: November 10, 2022, 08:52:32 am »

Colorado is looking pretty good. God I hope Boebert just goes away. Too close to call yet but I'm hopeful. Frisch seems like a great candidate but honestly I'd vote for a can of beans if it was running against Boebert.

I liked Polis' victory speech where he vowed to work for all Coloradoans, whether they voted for him or not. This is the kind of sentiment we need more of.

Last time I looked, Boebert was losing by 62 votes. Whatever happens, I'm sure there will be a recount, but it's not as if she was rejected wholesale. It's a special form of orneriness that would prompt one to vote for that nutcase.

Turns out Hershel Walker didn't lose, I got that wrong, it's going to a tie breaker (or whatever it's called). Maybe they'll end up flipping a coin.

MTG got 65% of the vote in her district.

It's a good thing, imo, that a lot of the Big Lie followers didn't win their races, but looking at all the media reports, it seems to me that people might be reading too much into this. Not having a landslide against you is not victory. Still though, some sensible things. Where abortion was on the ballot, people wanted it, as all polls have shown since forever. Some pundits think that this election was a blow against Trump, which kind of makes me laugh. I've lost count of all the truly obnoxious and some probably illegal  things that should have toppled him, you don't get rid of pathological cults that easily, I guess.

Maybe in time Trump will buy Twitter as soon as the price drops a bit, after the current gang have finished wrecking it. The value seems to going south with similar bad news from Meta, but maybe social media is finding its own level, after the years of silly hype.
--
Robert

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #15583 on: November 10, 2022, 09:50:34 am »

Walker and Warnock are heading for a run-off, so unfortunately we cannot write Walker off quite yet.

I am very disappointed that here in NC Cheri Beasley lost the senate seat to the Trumpite and gun store owner Budd.

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #15584 on: November 10, 2022, 11:17:28 am »

Last time I looked, Boebert was losing by 62 votes. Whatever happens, I'm sure there will be a recount, but it's not as if she was rejected wholesale. It's a special form of orneriness that would prompt one to vote for that nutcase.

Yeah there is definitely going to be a recount. But what you might not realize is the very traditionally overwhelmingly red Colorado District 3 has done some redistricting (gerrymandering) since she initially got elected which makes it even more red. So the fact that is even remotely close means she has lost quite a bit of Republican support. I see that as progress even if she manages to squeak out a win. But I'm praying it doesn't go that way and I'm an atheist!  ;D
-MattB

faberryman

« Reply #15585 on: November 10, 2022, 01:01:16 pm »

The votes have been tallied and my district has elected a white supremacist to represent us in the House of Representatives. My God have mercy on our souls.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #15586 on: November 10, 2022, 01:53:22 pm »

Yeah there is definitely going to be a recount. But what you might not realize is the very traditionally overwhelmingly red Colorado District 3 has done some redistricting (gerrymandering) since she initially got elected which makes it even more red. So the fact that is even remotely close means she has lost quite a bit of Republican support. I see that as progress even if she manages to squeak out a win. But I'm praying it doesn't go that way and I'm an atheist!  ;D

Fingers crossed.
--
Robert

faberryman

« Reply #15587 on: November 10, 2022, 02:24:13 pm »

I am not sure what Boebert is going to do for a living if she loses. Her restaurant, Shooters Grill, closed down in July. Half of the town was too embarrassed or too scared, or both, to eat there.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #15588 on: November 10, 2022, 03:34:42 pm »

I am not sure what Boebert is going to do for a living if she loses. Her restaurant, Shooters Grill, closed down in July. Half of the town was too embarrassed or too scared, or both, to eat there.

Maybe Trump will find her a job at Truth Social.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #15589 on: November 11, 2022, 09:19:53 pm »

This is an article about an interesting development, a possible link-up between the American right-wing and Islamists, which is a little unexpected, https://www.meforum.org/63777/move-over-ilhan-omar-minnesota-republicans-pander. It might be an enemy of my enemy kind of situation, although the two groups do have a lot in common wrt LGBT rights and other social issues. Politics never stands still, does it.
--
Robert

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #15590 on: November 16, 2022, 12:55:42 pm »

Scandal-plagued suspected criminal launches presidential campaign...
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

chez

« Reply #15591 on: November 16, 2022, 02:12:43 pm »

Scandal-plagued suspected criminal launches presidential campaign...

What's different from 2016?

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #15592 on: November 16, 2022, 02:14:21 pm »

What's different from 2016?
Smarter voters.

chez

« Reply #15593 on: November 16, 2022, 03:29:23 pm »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 04:26:58 pm by digitaldog »

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #15595 on: November 17, 2022, 09:19:45 am »

Kind of did last week.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-election/election-deniers-overwhelmingly-lost-battleground-states-rcna57058

Funny how we don't hear much about the relationship between Trumpistan and Aramco. Shouldn't that be front page investigative news? I get it that it's fun to rail against Donald's incoherent speeches and the preposterous behaviour of his cult followers, I do it all the time. It's just the "normal" background bullshit that is US politics now. I mean, did you watch that speech by Hershel Walker about watching zombie movies? People voted for him?

Here in Ontario the Premier has announced legislation that will permit municipal council votes to be considered a "majority" if just the mayor and 1/3 council are in agreement. This comes out of previous legislation that give some mayors super-mayor status. Their votes count more than other people's votes. I guess some townships were a bit too uncooperative with the real estate developers that funded the recent conservative campaign. There is a bit of outcry, but not enough. I guess so long as the boys can keep their F-150s, any old law is fine with them. But one day, some really nasty people will get voted in and they'll have those powers too. But hey, that means thinking and planning past the next paycheque, who am I kidding.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 12:08:32 pm by Robert Roaldi »
--
Robert

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #15596 on: December 03, 2022, 09:05:18 pm »

Tump just called for the end of the constitution in the US.

I hope that every single supporter of him here finally admit their past mistakes and responsibility in supporting Trump.

Cheers,
Bernard

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #15597 on: December 03, 2022, 10:56:53 pm »

Tump just called for the end of the constitution in the US.
Is there no bottom for this hypocritical moron?
Earlier this week Trump expressed support for the rioters behind the deadly January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol, saying in a video played during a fundraiser that “People have been treated unconstitutionally in my opinion and very, very unfairly, and we’re going to get to the bottom of it.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #15598 on: December 04, 2022, 09:43:19 am »

Is there no bottom for this hypocritical moron?
Earlier this week Trump expressed support for the rioters behind the deadly January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol, saying in a video played during a fundraiser that “People have been treated unconstitutionally in my opinion and very, very unfairly, and we’re going to get to the bottom of it.

I think I also saw something the other day about the new GOP controlled House wanting to (or planning to) investigate the Jan 6 panel.

Now I can sort of see investigating Biden's son if you really think there is something there. I have my doubts, because Trumpistan is big on talk but they really haven't delivered much, lots of shouting about fraudulent elections that's all just smoke. But you never know. It seems to me that investigating the Jan 6 panel is at another level of third-world shit-holery.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #15599 on: December 04, 2022, 12:21:57 pm »

I find it incredible that first amendment "absolutism" is actually a thing, https://www.thebulwark.com/no-you-do-not-have-a-constitutional-right-to-post-hunter-bidens-dick-pic-on-twitter/.

--
Robert
Pages: 1 ... 778 779 [780] 781 782 ... 808   Go Up