Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 471215 times)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #11120 on: August 31, 2021, 10:11:49 am »

That's the point.  Biden didn't.
Wrong again. It is impossible to puncture the unreality bubble surrounding a fact denier. We can only attempt to sway those with open minds. Yours is closed.
Biden made his decision to pull out totally based on domestic polls not on professional advice of his generals who wanted to leave troops. 
You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
You are of course entitled to your uninformed opinions on this subject. I am simply pointing out that the opinion was formed without facts, science/data or critcal thinking. I therefore I find it stupid.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 10:42:20 am by digitaldog »
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #11121 on: August 31, 2021, 12:45:36 pm »

Biden made his decision to pull out totally based on domestic polls not on professional advice of his generals who wanted to leave troops. 
Trump did listen to his generals in the end.  Who cares what he thought in 2019.

If you can't understand an article or a video, maybe a few cartoons?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11122 on: August 31, 2021, 03:04:54 pm »

Biden is getting direction from a Svengali behind the scenes.  He even said absentmindedly how he was "directed" to select certain interviewers or not answer questions at all.  Many think it's Susan Rice who's his security advisor, the same advisor who gave us Benghazi under the Obama administration.  Two similar fiascoes.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #11123 on: August 31, 2021, 03:08:34 pm »

Biden is getting direction from a Svengali behind the scenes. 
The assumptions leading to falsehoods never seems to stop on your side Alan.
Is this as false and inaccurate as your belief that ""all prints are 300dpi"";D
Many think it's Susan Rice who's his security advisor, the same advisor who gave us Benghazi under the Obama administration.
Many think ivermectin is a cure for Covid, and the last guy in charge recommended injecting bleach.
IOW, as we've seen over the last few hours just here, many don't think. Two similar fiascoes.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 03:20:49 pm by digitaldog »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11124 on: August 31, 2021, 03:48:47 pm »

Is this as false and inaccurate as your belief that ""all prints are 300dpi""?  ;DMany think ivermectin is a cure for Covid, and the last guy in charge recommended injecting bleach.
IOW, as we've seen over the last few hours just here, many don't think. Two similar fiascoes.
I also said in that post "so scan at 300dpi or 600 at the most" would be more than enough for scanning prints.  That's sufficient for prints that amateur would handle.  That's been my experience as well.  Scanning larger than that is just a waste of scanning time as it takes longer the larger the dpi you scan and it wastes a lot of storage. Plus he won't get any more resolution.  That seems to be practical advice.  If there are certain special considerations where higher rates are appropriate, that's certainly nice to know.  But probably not required for his work. 

Finally, Covid and bleach have nothing to do with Afghanistan and terrorism? The consequences regarding this pullout the way it was done will probably effect us in areas around the world, and not in a positive way.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #11125 on: August 31, 2021, 03:59:47 pm »

I also said in that post "so scan at 300dpi or 600 at the most" would be more than enough for scanning prints. 
What you said was false. It's all there in B&W.
That's sufficient for prints that amateur would handle.

As an amateur who doesn't understand the basics of resolution, you are not one to recommend false statements to other amateurs.
Plus he won't get any more resolution.
That is false as well, you're on a roll. When deep in a hole of your own digging, about what the Generals may have said to Biden that you can't backup, or your ideas of resolution, stop digging.
That seems to be practical advice.
For those seeking advise from the ill informed.
If there are certain special considerations where higher rates are appropriate, that's certainly nice to know.
If you need to know, ask; there are people here that understand the topic far better than you sir. Ask us!
But probably not required for his work. 
Yet another assumption leading to more falsehoods that haven't as yet stopped on your side Alan.
Finally, Covid and bleach have nothing to do with Afghanistan and terrorism?
They have to do with the moron you keep defending here. And the moronic posts that follow.
Will you ever defend with facts, the statement you made here or just keep digressing down your hole?

Here it is again: tell us which generals told you this:
Another post without explaining yourself will again prove your need to post fiction and attempt to pass off your opinions formed without any facts.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 04:03:57 pm by digitaldog »

TechTalk

« Reply #11126 on: August 31, 2021, 04:43:24 pm »

I've wasted a great deal of time following him down diversionary political rabbit holes. I've also repeatedly offered up explanations, along with links to expert sources, to  provide information regarding his false assertions and assumptions on matters of science. All to no avail. To paraphrase an old expression: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him think.

Ultimately, it wasn't those things that made me lose interest in discussing anything with him. It was his false attribution of racist statements to another member, that used to frequently post on Lula, which drove that member and another to leave in disgust. I shared their disgust and I really don't have any desire to engage in back and forth discussions with him any longer. I might drop an occasional comment, but that's as far as I care to go.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

TechTalk

« Reply #11127 on: August 31, 2021, 04:49:20 pm »

Biden is getting direction from a Svengali behind the scenes.

:o

I very rarely use these emoji things. I wish there was one for spraying your coffee all over right now though.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11128 on: August 31, 2021, 04:50:43 pm »

I've wasted a great deal of time following him down diversionary political rabbit holes. I've also repeatedly offered up explanations, along with links to expert sources, to  provide information regarding his false assertions and assumptions on matters of science. All to no avail. To paraphrase an old expression: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him think.

Ultimately, it wasn't those things that made me lose interest in discussing anything with him. It was his false attribution of racist statements to another member, that used to frequently post on Lula, which drove that member and another to leave in disgust. I shared their disgust and I really don't have any desire to engage in back and forth discussions with him any longer. I might drop an occasional comment, but that's as far as I care to go.
I'm waiting for you with bated breath to explain with facts how Biden did a great job in Afghanistan. 

TechTalk

« Reply #11129 on: August 31, 2021, 04:53:29 pm »

I've wasted a great deal of time following him down diversionary...

I shared their disgust and I really don't have any desire to engage in back and forth discussions with him any longer. I might drop an occasional comment, but that's as far as I care to go.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11130 on: August 31, 2021, 04:55:48 pm »

:o

I very rarely use these emoji things. I wish there was one for spraying your coffee all over right now though.
When Biden says, "I've been directed to not answer those questions or to select a particular questioner." you realize just how incapable he is in running the show.  His Svengali handlers are directing him.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #11131 on: August 31, 2021, 05:43:17 pm »

Indeed, can't blame you and I will have to follow in your example. The posting history outlines someone as dumb as a bag of hammers and not nearly as charming.

TechTalk

« Reply #11132 on: August 31, 2021, 05:49:23 pm »

Al Khaida Alan? ??? Slow down again bud.

This Al Khaida guy could be a good person to know if he's related to Ariane Khaida the Executive Director of the Châteaux Wines division for Mouton Rothschild. Maybe she could get you a case at a deep discount.

The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter. ‘tis the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.” - Mark Twain

Or as LBJ once put it..."the difference between chicken salad and chicken shit"

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #11133 on: August 31, 2021, 08:00:46 pm »

I'm waiting for you with bated breath to explain with facts how Biden did a great job in Afghanistan.

No one is claiming that "Biden did a great job in Afghanistan." There was no possible way to do a great job. He did follow thru on The Former Guy's agreement to pull out (one of TFG's very few good ideas). The evacuation has been astounding, thanks to the military, but (of course) not perfect. So now there is a big miserable mess in Afghanistan but without the loss of American lives and dollars. Would you rather have a big miserable mess in Afghanistan *with* the loss of American lives and dollars? Some things we just cannot fix.

TechTalk

« Reply #11134 on: August 31, 2021, 08:15:10 pm »

In this case, the breath isn't bated; it's baited to hook someone and reel them down a spiraling rabbit hole.

TechTalk

« Reply #11135 on: August 31, 2021, 08:45:35 pm »

Indeed, can't blame you and I will have to follow in your example.

No need. Your posts have long been interesting, informative, and often entertaining for me to read. It's rare that I find disagreement with them.

Some of the posts here are so absurd they can be easily ignored and some so ridiculous they deserve the mocking they receive. Some are so abhorrent they invite a response, lest others believe them true.

When the Reagan administration was caught secretly and illegally selling TOW anti-tank and Hawk surface-to-air guided missiles to Ayatollah Khomeini in Iran in exchange for hostages in Lebanon, Reagan publicly denied it. A few months later when the evidence was overwhelming and undeniable, Reagan went on TV in a national address and said: "A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true; but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not."

That was a case where public opinion and knowledge made it impossible to deny any longer. But, this is the internet, where the truly rigid and blind thrive and can deny anything indefinitely—even when the facts and the evidence tell them otherwise. It's also a place where immediate knee-jerk reactions are the norm and any patience for clearer facts can be ridiculed.

Frustrating—pass that bottle of Mouton Cadet this way please—save the expensive stuff for a better occasion.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #11136 on: August 31, 2021, 09:00:21 pm »

No need.
I'm just done with Alan. George summed it up perfectly as only he could:
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience". - George Carlin

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11137 on: September 01, 2021, 05:42:02 am »

No one is claiming that "Biden did a great job in Afghanistan." There was no possible way to do a great job. He did follow thru on The Former Guy's agreement to pull out (one of TFG's very few good ideas). The evacuation has been astounding, thanks to the military, but (of course) not perfect. So now there is a big miserable mess in Afghanistan but without the loss of American lives and dollars. Would you rather have a big miserable mess in Afghanistan *with* the loss of American lives and dollars? Some things we just cannot fix.
The problem is we went into Afghanistan twenty years ago after 9-11 to clean out Al Qaeda and the other terrorist's including their supporters, the Taliban.  So now, before our military is even gone, they're already back in force stronger and more dangerous than they were then.  Will we face another 9-11 soon?  Will we be bombing Afghanistan's new Al Qaeda bases there?  Will we be sending in troops next year? Will Al Qaeda be setting off bombs in Europe and the US again soon? 

Additionally, the way we got out seems like we don't keep our promises or know what we're doing.  It is going to energize our adversaries to take risks thinking we're weak and don't keep our commitments, such as in Taiwan?  That could lead to miscalculations starting new wars.  Isn't that the whole point of NATO for example? It's why we still have forces in South Korea and Europe and elsewhere.  To keep the lid on things so adventurous adversaries don't start problems leading to war.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 05:49:29 am by Alan Klein »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11138 on: September 01, 2021, 06:06:42 am »

It seems that the Afghanistan thread was re-opened.  We ought to continue discussions about it there.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #11139 on: September 01, 2021, 03:18:34 pm »

You would think that this would be Ron Johnson's "oopsie" moment with respect to his continued stand on the "stolen" election, https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/2020-election-gop-s-ron-johnson-quietly-acknowledges-reality-n1278217. But it won't be, for much the same reason that there are people left who still believe there's something suspicious going on with crop circles. People love magic. They're dazzled by baubles and crystals. We're two generations away from sitting in tree branches flinging feces at each other.  :)
--
Robert
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 808   Go Up