Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 469673 times)

TechTalk

Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #720 on: November 10, 2020, 03:30:08 pm »

It just fits so well, why change. 

As for you.  I'm not sure Trump would find the space suitable.

Not enough gold paint, no fake Time Man of the Year covers or fake masterpiece paintings (that are claimed to be the originals) hanging on the wall, too many facts and too few obvious lies and fantasies; you might be right. But really, I think he just enjoys skipping out on payments due.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

TechTalk

« Reply #721 on: November 10, 2020, 03:31:20 pm »

You're confusing me with the deplorables.

Nah... I'm just remembering the baseless assertions of you and others.

faberryman

« Reply #722 on: November 10, 2020, 03:34:31 pm »

Is Pompeo looking to get into real estate?

Pompeo promises ‘smooth transition to second Trump administration’ as world leaders congratulate Biden

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/10/pompeo-smooth-transition-second-trump-administration-435754

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #723 on: November 10, 2020, 03:36:56 pm »

Nah... I'm just remembering the baseless assertions of you and others.
Nothing baseless about what I said.  Just won't matter anymore since he'll be president and the FBI and DOJ reports to him unlike while Trump was president when they reported to the media. :) 

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #724 on: November 10, 2020, 03:38:12 pm »

Not enough gold paint, no fake Time Man of the Year covers or fake masterpiece paintings (that are claimed to be the originals) hanging on the wall, too many facts and too few obvious lies and fantasies; you might be right. But really, I think he just enjoys skipping out on payments due.

Maybe. Or some might say it could be the vacuous nature of some liberal viewpoints that make the space uninhabitable.
Craig Lamson Photo

faberryman

« Reply #725 on: November 10, 2020, 03:46:04 pm »

In COVID related news, it looks like the school system in the next county over is having to go virtual. Too many teachers have tested positive or are in quarantine to conduct on site classes. It is unlikely the school district has enough computers and hotspots to loan out to the underprivileged, so I guess they won't be able to keep up. Hopefully, it will be only two weeks or so when enough teachers exit quarantine.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 04:12:58 pm by faberryman »

faberryman

« Reply #726 on: November 10, 2020, 03:48:53 pm »

Nothing baseless about what I said.  Just won't matter anymore since he'll be president and the FBI and DOJ reports to him unlike while Trump was president when they reported to the media. :)

Well, that would be Trump's fault. He hired them, he can fire them. Only the best people.

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #727 on: November 10, 2020, 03:50:26 pm »

In COVID related news, it looks like the school system in the next county over is having to go virtual. Too many teachers have tested positive or are in quarantine to conduct on site classes. It is unlikely the school district has enough computers and hotspots to loan out to the underprivileged, so I guess they won't be able to keep up.

What state?
Craig Lamson Photo

TechTalk

« Reply #728 on: November 10, 2020, 03:58:36 pm »

Maybe. Or some might say it could be the vacuous nature of some liberal viewpoints that make the space uninhabitable.

Whatever makes you feel most comfortable.

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #729 on: November 10, 2020, 03:58:47 pm »

That's what Obama told you right? Rubbish. In spades. You're really not to be taken seriously and by and large, are not. Adiós.
You were one of the few people congratulating Jeremy Roussak with his decision to curtail political talk on the LuLa forum, yet you are one of the most active on this forum with your usual personal attacks and bile. Way to go, Andrew!

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #730 on: November 10, 2020, 04:15:42 pm »

You were one of the few people congratulating Jeremy Roussak with his decision to curtail political talk on the LuLa forum, yet you are one of the most active on this forum with your usual personal attacks and bile. Way to go, Andrew!
"It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it". -Joseph Joube
We can move away from political talk Frans; how are you getting along showing us some of your snapshots? Or the sensor heat that causes so much data loss? Display Flicker still causing headaches, or the Adobe Elements Print bug or database bug?
Way to go, Frans!
I'd keep congratulating Jeremy Roussak even more if ALL such political discussions disappeared. Then no, you'd not hear from me about politics but I'd still be asking you the questions I asked just now, above.  :o
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 04:18:47 pm by digitaldog »
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

James Clark

« Reply #731 on: November 10, 2020, 04:17:33 pm »

Anyone have any thoughts on why Trump would be removing DoD leadership right after he lost an election and moves out in 10 weeks?  Or why Pompeo is talking about a "smooth transition to a second Trump administration?"  Or why Georgia's very Trumpy senators are publicly calling for the (Republican) Sec State to resign because he won't go along with the "election fraud" nonsense?

Are we allowed to be concerned yet?

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #732 on: November 10, 2020, 04:20:02 pm »

"It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it". -Joseph Joube
We can move away from political talk Frans; how are you getting along showing us some of your snapshots? Or the sensor heat that causes so much data loss? Display Flicker still causing headaches, or the Adobe Elements Print bug or database bug?
Way to go, Frans!
I'd keep congratulating Jeremy Roussak even more if ALL such political discussions disappeared. Then no, you'd not hear from me about politics but I'd still be asking you the questions I asked just now, above.  :o
Yep, no change, still in attack mode.

faberryman

« Reply #733 on: November 10, 2020, 04:24:32 pm »

Anything to add to the discussion or are you just going to bicker with Andrew?

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #734 on: November 10, 2020, 04:26:13 pm »

Anything to add to the discussion or are you just going to bicker with Andrew?
Is there anything else you can do with him? Didn't know.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #735 on: November 10, 2020, 04:28:45 pm »

Yup, still off topic, no pic's to show.
Didn't know.
We agree about that!
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

TechTalk

« Reply #736 on: November 10, 2020, 04:31:23 pm »

people voted for Trump at  47 1/2% which is a larger percent than 4 years ago at 46%

Your ability to ignore your past statements and reverse course on a dime is something else. You're in a league of your own! Now you want to look at the national popular vote for comparative analysis of election results in different years?

When I made a post, in the previous political thread, that compared the national popular vote to electoral votes in 2008, 2012, and 2016; you vociferously objected to comparing or even considering the national popular vote. To quote, you said...

"You conveniently left out the most important statistic. Donald Trump 58%  Hillary Clinton 42% - electoral votes for president 2016." ... "That's deceptive. You never listed the electoral percentage totals. This is the accurate way it should have been shown: Final Election Day Result: Clinton 43% / 232 Electoral Votes — Trump 57% / 306 Electoral Votes". (Note... don't blame me for the inconsistency of the percentages from one statement to another, I'm just quoting you.)

So... to use your previous "logic", assuming the present lead in the various States remains as it is currently, Biden will net 306 electoral votes to Trump's 232. In other words, following your previously insistent "accurate way"—people voted for Trump in 2020 at 43% which is a much lower percentage than 4 years ago at 57%.

Using your previous logic and insistence that the "accurate way" to look at election results was to compare electoral vote, Trump lost 14% of his previous vote total; a very large drop.

You said it was Biden that constantly changed his positions. Perhaps it was just the way that you changed your way of looking at them.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 04:36:59 pm by TechTalk »

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #737 on: November 10, 2020, 04:32:58 pm »

Yup, still off topic, no pic's to show. We agree about that!
I don't think you want me to get on the topic of politics since you couldn't handle that.

TechTalk

« Reply #738 on: November 10, 2020, 04:40:58 pm »

I don't think you want me to get on the topic of politics since you couldn't handle that.

Oh my! What confidence and bravado! That attitude isn't helping Trump right now, but let's see how you fare.

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #739 on: November 10, 2020, 04:43:25 pm »

Oh my! What confidence and bravado! That attitude isn't helping Trump right now, but let's see how you fare.
You couldn't handle it; don't be a masochist!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 808   Go Up