Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466240 times)

chez

Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #480 on: November 08, 2020, 11:39:56 am »

I can't imagine there are a lot of places in that city willing to allow the Trump team to host a presser saying the city cheated in the election.

Money talks. I'm sure there could have been better places given enough money involved.

chez

« Reply #481 on: November 08, 2020, 11:42:20 am »

Salmon Arm seems like a nice place to retire. Maybe also safe from the virus.

Great place to retire...I've been here for 25 years, had a great job with a local company. Yes, very little Covid activity here.

TechTalk

« Reply #482 on: November 08, 2020, 11:43:38 am »

Trump lives rent free in your head.

He continues to live rent free in your head.....

He continues to live rent fact free in your head...
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #483 on: November 08, 2020, 11:45:45 am »

He continues to live rent fact free in your head...

Thats the best the Tech Talk come up with?  Sheesh.
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #484 on: November 08, 2020, 11:47:11 am »

Money talks. I'm sure there could have been better places given enough money involved.

Maybe...or not.
Craig Lamson Photo

TechTalk

« Reply #485 on: November 08, 2020, 11:50:08 am »

Biden is simply the clean, old white guy

Uh-huh.

when Harris takes over... America as we now know it ends forever, IMO.

Uh-huh. You're making your point of view clearer all the time.

TechTalk

« Reply #486 on: November 08, 2020, 11:57:06 am »

Trump is going away but still all you can do is attack him.  It must really suck for you to have this much hatred burning inside of you.

Disgust and hatred are not the same thing.

chez

« Reply #487 on: November 08, 2020, 12:02:13 pm »

Maybe...or not.

Why not? You don't think if money was thrown out...there would be no takers better than some industrial park?

TechTalk

« Reply #488 on: November 08, 2020, 12:17:22 pm »

I think only Saddam Hussein had a better turnout, plus 99% votes for him:

You can have conspiratorial fun or look for actual facts. Your choice.

https://www.channel3000.com/no-wisconsin-voter-turnout-wasnt-improbably-high-heres-the-facts-about-turnout-calculations/

No, Wisconsin voter turnout wasn’t ‘improbably high.’ Here’s the facts about turnout calculations

"In the wake of former Vice President Joe Biden’s win in Wisconsin by about 23,000 votes according to unofficial totals, theories have been flying from social media influencers that involve miscalculations of turnout or comparisons of turnout rates that aren’t equal. Frequently located outside Wisconsin and picking up traction within the state on Twitter and Facebook, accounts posting about “improbably high” turnout or theories of “more votes than registrations” lack both context and facts.

According to unofficial results, Wisconsinites cast more votes than in any other presidential election. Turnout, however, remained at a rate on par with many past presidential elections in the past two decades. Voters turned out in high numbers in red and blue counties alike, with many rural counties–as is common–turning out numbers at 80% of the voting age population or higher. But claims that the state had reached an improbable voting turnout based on past elections, with the accompanying implications of fraud, are false.

Much of the confusion can be traced to the use of different voter turnout equations. Clerks around the state will at times use voter registrations as the denominator for measuring turnout, a number that is essentially always smaller than the actual number of the voting age population in a municipality or county. The Wisconsin Elections Commission doesn’t use that denominator–and neither do many election officials.

Instead, the WEC measures turnout using the voting age population metric as defined by the Wisconsin Demographic Services Center, a division of the Department of Administration. That denominator has been used for all statewide turnout estimates, which range from 57% (1996) to 72.9% (2004), the current highest turnout when measured by population rate.

Unofficial results indicate a 72.67% voter turnout for Tuesday’s Wisconsin election statewide, the second-highest in the state and a far cry from the misleading social media claims citing a much higher and very misleading turnout number as an implication of suspicious activity."

Or... https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/11/05/fact-check-wisconsin-voter-turnout-line-past-elections
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 12:20:50 pm by TechTalk »

faberryman

« Reply #489 on: November 08, 2020, 12:26:27 pm »

What I do find amusing is how much Trump lives rent free in your head.  Your old man won, and Trump is going away but still all you can do is attack him.  It must really suck for you to have this much hatred burning inside of you.  Maybe you should let it go.

Trump going away? Someone needs to bring him up to speed on that. He tweeted again this morning:

"“We believe these people are thieves. The big city machines are corrupt. This was a stolen election. Best pollster in Britain wrote this morning that this clearly was a stolen election, that it’s impossible to imagine that Biden outran Obama in some of these states."

We are going to have to put up with him until January 20, 2021, so don't expect us to remain silent as he spews out more of his lies and nonsense. Don't worry, you'll have your turn beginning on inauguration day. You could even start now if you want. You'll get no complaint from me. Have at it.

Just checked Fox News, Breitbart, and Infowars. Nary a mention of Hunter Biden's laptop or Bobulinski. So I guess the right wing media has got nothing, and it is off to the next conspiracy: massive voter fraud.

News Alert: Trump is back out cheating on the golf course this afternoon. But as Craig pointed out, Trump still has his phone, so the chaos is under control.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 01:45:02 pm by faberryman »

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #490 on: November 08, 2020, 12:56:55 pm »

Trump going away? Someone needs to bring him up to speed on that. He tweeted again this morning:

"“We believe these people are thieves. The big city machines are corrupt. This was a stolen election. Best pollster in Britain wrote this morning that this clearly was a stolen election, that it’s impossible to imagine that Biden outran Obama in some of these states."

So much for a dignified exit.

Those "corrupt big machines" don't really work all that well, it seems, or this show would have been wrapped up a few days ago.

--
Robert

TechTalk

« Reply #491 on: November 08, 2020, 01:04:26 pm »

Just checked Fox News, Breitbart, and Infowars. Nary a mention of Hunter Biden's laptop or Bobulinski. So I guess the right wing media has got nothing.

First, Rudy Giuliani set out to expose Joe Biden's dealings in Ukraine. A shocking tale of carrying out the bipartisan policy of the U.S. Government and its allies.

Then the ace attorney set out to expose Joe Biden as a senile criminal mastermind of an international financial conspiracy with his brother and son.

But now he's moved on to exposing the vast fraud that is the U.S. democratic election process. So, I think that's where all the chatter will be focused now.

At least we've moved on from what Giuliani was about to expose in the Borat movie. That's a relief!

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #492 on: November 08, 2020, 01:04:52 pm »

That's what also Russian press reported, so it could be true.

“US President Donald Trump said that every vote that came in after Election Day will not be counted,” reported Sputnik, an English-language Russian government web site, after Trump tweeted “Stop the count,” Thursday morning.

“Trump calls results ‘big WIN’ & accuses opponents of ‘trying to STEAL’ election, gets ‘misleading’ label from Twitter,” said RT, another Russian media operation, on Wednesday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/russians-have-no-need-spread-misinformation-trump-his-allies-are-n1246653

faberryman

« Reply #493 on: November 08, 2020, 01:08:32 pm »

At least we've moved on from what Giuliani was about to expose in the Borat movie. That's a relief!

He will always be Rudy "Hand Down His Pants" Giuliani to me.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #494 on: November 08, 2020, 01:19:23 pm »

Example of actual Republican leadership, just now from the only former living Republican President:
George W. Bush congratulated President-elect Joe Biden in a phone call Sunday:
"Though we have political differences, I know Joe Biden to be a good man, who has won his opportunity to lead and unify our country,"  "The President-elect reiterated that while he ran as a Democrat, he will govern for all Americans. I offered him the same thing I offered Presidents Trump and Obama: my prayers for his success, and my pledge to help in any way I can." 

Meanwhile, on Planet Trump (soon to implode in a galaxy far, far away):
As of Sunday afternoon, Trump has refused to concede, tweeting a host of unproven claims about voter fraud without offering any evidence and wrongly insisting that he had won the election; another of his thousands of lies while in office. His attorneys have filed lawsuits in several states, so far without any success.

Man, what a difference in character; I actually miss George W.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Manoli

« Reply #495 on: November 08, 2020, 01:24:57 pm »

Yes.

Manoli

« Reply #496 on: November 08, 2020, 01:27:18 pm »

and now this ...

TechTalk

« Reply #497 on: November 08, 2020, 01:30:48 pm »

Example of actual Republican leadership, just now from the only former living Republican President:
George W. Bush congratulated President-elect Joe Biden in a phone call Sunday:
"Though we have political differences, I know Joe Biden to be a good man, who has won his opportunity to lead and unify our country,"  "The President-elect reiterated that while he ran as a Democrat, he will govern for all Americans. I offered him the same thing I offered Presidents Trump and Obama: my prayers for his success, and my pledge to help in any way I can." 

Meanwhile, on Planet Trump (soon to implode in a galaxy far, far away):
As of Sunday afternoon, Trump has refused to concede, tweeting a host of unproven claims about voter fraud without offering any evidence and wrongly insisting that he had won the election; another of his thousands of lies while in office. His attorneys have filed lawsuits in several states, so far without any success.

Thanks. Interesting that you should post that. I was just thinking last night that it would be a great thing for George W. Bush to do. Whatever differences with his policies people may have held, his human decency has been sorely missed in The White House these past four years.

faberryman

« Reply #498 on: November 08, 2020, 01:35:15 pm »

and now this ...

Nothing new there. That's just a rehash from Wednesday. Only the date has changed.

And I had this moment of epiphany: Now Trump has no chance for a Nobel peace prize. Bwahahahaha...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 01:43:36 pm by faberryman »

Craig Lamson

« Reply #499 on: November 08, 2020, 01:45:11 pm »

Uh-huh.

Uh-huh. You're making your point of view clearer all the time.

I'm an open book when to comes to my views about this election.  Perhaps you are just a wee bit slow on the uptake.
Craig Lamson Photo
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 808   Go Up