Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466265 times)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #320 on: November 07, 2020, 12:48:32 pm »

The world is now a safer place.

Also less agitated. However, Trump is still not believing it.

Trump, who has made repeated claims of electoral fraud without providing proof, immediately accused Biden of “rushing to falsely pose as the winner.”
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 12:59:18 pm by LesPalenik »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #321 on: November 07, 2020, 12:54:16 pm »

Here in the UK The BBC, The Telegraph, The Gaurdian and The Times all project Biden as the next President of the USA.

Congratulations America!

Great news! Hopefully, soon we'll be able to cross the border and Visit America Again.

faberryman

« Reply #322 on: November 07, 2020, 12:59:18 pm »

It seems to me that if you were going to fight this election to the bitter end, you might want to be meeting with your advisors and lawyers and working on crafting a strategic plan, rather than being on the golf course undoubtedly cheating your way around eighteen holes, and tweeting "I WON THIS ELECTION, BY A LOT!". And can anyone explain why Giuliani and friends are announcing their upcoming legal efforts at a landscaping business in an industrial section of Philadelphia? Seems pretty whackadoodle to me.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 02:12:20 pm by faberryman »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #323 on: November 07, 2020, 01:02:12 pm »

It seems to me that if you were going to fight this election to the bitter end, you might want to meet with you advisors and lawyers and work on crafting a strategic plan, rather than being on the golf course undoubtedly cheating your way around eighteen holes. And can anyone explain why Giuliani and friends are announcing their legal efforts underway and to come at a landscaping business in an industrial section of Philadelphia?

Could be that this is their last opportunity to charge more billable hours.

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #324 on: November 07, 2020, 01:24:52 pm »

Well done, USA; you've stepped back from fascism.

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #325 on: November 07, 2020, 01:39:34 pm »

Well done America!

I certainly hope that you can start to heal your divisions...
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #326 on: November 07, 2020, 01:48:33 pm »

Hold on. Trump can do massive amount of damage until January. I predict he will:
Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

I agree, the "scorched earth" danger looms.
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #327 on: November 07, 2020, 02:31:12 pm »

Let's say he paid seven million in taxes and that was the legal amount he owed. Is seven million a fair tax for his income? I don't find fault for taking all legal deductions and credits, but it seems like maybe a few revisions to the tax code would be in order.

What is a "fair tax"?  If you comply with the tax laws its fair.  Congress can pass laws to change the tax code if they want.  Its on their table.
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #328 on: November 07, 2020, 02:33:44 pm »

The world is now a safer place.

Seriously?

How many wars did Trump start?  How many new peace deals are happening?

I'm simply curious why Trump made the world more dangerous than what Biden may bring?
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #329 on: November 07, 2020, 02:35:26 pm »

It seems to me that if you were going to fight this election to the bitter end, you might want to be meeting with your advisors and lawyers and working on crafting a strategic plan, rather than being on the golf course undoubtedly cheating your way around eighteen holes, and tweeting "I WON THIS ELECTION, BY A LOT!". And can anyone explain why Giuliani and friends are announcing their upcoming legal efforts at a landscaping business in an industrial section of Philadelphia? Seems pretty whackadoodle to me.

Last I heard telephones and zoom were still working after the press called the election for Biden.
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #330 on: November 07, 2020, 02:49:16 pm »

Well done America!

I certainly hope that you can start to heal your divisions...

Amazing, the left has called Trump voters everything in the book and now you want us to just say oh well, lets all play nice now?

Anyone who thinks thats happening must be shooting heroin in Oregons new drug pleasure dome. Or maybe its LSD...
Craig Lamson Photo

John Camp

« Reply #331 on: November 07, 2020, 02:50:44 pm »

Hold on. Trump can do massive amount of damage until January. I predict he will:
Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

You know, I don't think he can. All those people around him who have jobs that they're about to lose, know that clinging to Trump isn't going to do their subsequent careers any good. The Postmaster General, for example, is probably going to have to leave the country after the postal service slow-walked tens of thousands of mail-in votes. I think the model for this is Rudy Giuliani, who virtually everyone sees as an obsequious, lying, shitheel. I mean, who'll even let him in the house? The Republicans in Congress know that they're going to have to live with what he does next, and so will try to mute anything too offensive. As I see it, what will happen now is that Trump may do his bull-in-a-china shop act, but as for any real impact, I don't see it, outside, perhaps, a few dozen undeserved pardons for the criminals who surround him. 

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #332 on: November 07, 2020, 02:51:05 pm »

Seriously?

I'm simply curious why Trump made the world more dangerous than what Biden may bring?

Just off the press - Spiegel, Germany

The US election has been decided. Joe Biden wins, a terrible time is finally coming to an end. This is a great opportunity for the country and the whole world if the new president seizes it.

Most world leaders share a similar sentiment.

CANADIAN PRIME MINISTER JUSTIN TRUDEAU
“On behalf of the Government of Canada, I congratulate Joe Biden and Kamala Harris on their election as the next President and Vice President of the United States of America. Canada and the United States enjoy an extraordinary relationship – one that is unique on the world stage.”
“I look forward to working with President-elect Biden, Vice President-elect Harris, their administration, and the United States Congress as we tackle the world’s greatest challenges together.”

GERMAN CHANCELLOR ANGELA MERKEL
“I look forward to future cooperation with President Biden. Our transatlantic friendship is irreplaceable if we are to master the great challenges of our time.”

BRITISH PRIME MINISTER BORIS JOHNSON
“Congratulations to Joe Biden on his election as President of the United States and to Kamala Harris on her historic achievement.
“The U.S. is our most important ally and I look forward to working closely together on our shared priorities, from climate change to trade and security.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-global-leaders-factbox/global-leaders-react-to-joe-bidens-election-win-idUSKBN27N0OZ

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #333 on: November 07, 2020, 02:51:29 pm »

A great American tragedy!

After hundreds of years of being the beacon of the free world, America has finally succumbed to communism. Expect purges to begin soon. The Bartender-in-Chief is already compiling lists of Trump supporters who will soon be stripped of their livelihood. Guns will be confiscated, police decimated, we left defenseless against our communist overlords. I weep today for the real America.

chez

« Reply #334 on: November 07, 2020, 02:58:47 pm »

What is a "fair tax"?  If you comply with the tax laws its fair.  Congress can pass laws to change the tax code if they want.  Its on their table.

I guess that is what needs to be determined...did Trump comply with the tax laws?

chez

« Reply #335 on: November 07, 2020, 02:59:56 pm »

Seriously?

Don't need to look outside the states...look at the unrest internally since Trump has been in office.

faberryman

« Reply #336 on: November 07, 2020, 03:02:43 pm »

A great American tragedy!

After hundreds of years of being the beacon of the free world, America has finally succumbed to communism. Expect purges to begin soon. The Bartender-in-Chief is already compiling lists of Trump supporters who will soon be stripped of their livelihood. Guns will be confiscated, police decimated, we left defenseless against our communist overlords. I weep today for the real America.

Communism? Joe Biden? Really? With a probable Republican majority in the Senate? Aren't Republicans saying that a Biden legislative agenda is DOA?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 03:41:18 pm by faberryman »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #337 on: November 07, 2020, 03:30:05 pm »

Communism? Joe Biden? Really?
Really no; rubbish yes.
Meanwhile, the Commander-in-chief is making a mockery of our democratic system of voting. The hypocrisy of suggesting Biden is a communist while Trump rants with no proof of widespread voting fraud, all while snuggles with guys like Putin and Kim (to name only two) simply shows the depth of the unreality bubble some wear around themselves.   
Ignore them, we've won.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Craig Lamson

« Reply #338 on: November 07, 2020, 04:04:50 pm »

Just off the press - Spiegel, Germany

Most world leaders share a similar sentiment.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-global-leaders-factbox/global-leaders-react-to-joe-bidens-election-win-idUSKBN27N0OZ

What do you expect them to say? 

In any case you failed to answer a simply question, Why is the world a safer place?
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #339 on: November 07, 2020, 04:08:03 pm »

I guess that is what needs to be determined...did Trump comply with the tax laws?

Thats the domain of the IRS in regards to Federal taxes and the Tax department of the State of New York for State taxes.  Both already have all of Trumps Tax information, and they have it every year.
Craig Lamson Photo
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 808   Go Up