Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 469549 times)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2020, 11:09:21 am »

I read that one too, quite interesting. Maybe that was what Trump ment when he talked about "herd mentality" instead of "herd immunity"...
It's explained clearly here  ;D
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

faberryman

« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2020, 12:24:45 pm »

I hope you don't mind me changing the subject for just one post, but I wanted to share this link with you. I have been thinking that maybe a photography trip would be a good thing, and I was thinking about going out to Yellowstone. My wife and son took a trip out there a couple of years ago, and really enjoyed themselves. So I thought that might be just the spot until I read this, courtesy of Fox News:

Yellowstone visitor banned for cooking chickens in thermal hot spring

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/yellowstone-visitor-banned-cooking-chickens-thermal-geyser

Now I am going to have to take a stove, and won't have room in my backpack for my 210mm lens.

faberryman

« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2020, 12:27:57 pm »

Trump files new lawsuits. Lawyers are smiling.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2020, 12:33:58 pm »

Trump files new lawsuits. Lawyers are smiling.

Those lawsuits could bankrupt him.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2020, 12:43:16 pm »

For the 7th time (at least Trump businesses).

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2020, 12:53:52 pm »

Yellowstone visitor banned for cooking chickens in thermal hot spring

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/yellowstone-visitor-banned-cooking-chickens-thermal-geyser

That was really stupid. Everybody knows that you can cook there only locally shot waterfowl.

faberryman

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2020, 12:58:54 pm »

From Trumps Tweeter feed:

"Big legal win in Pennsylvania!"

As I understand it, the poll watchers on both sides who were 30 feet from the ballot counters are now 6 feet away. It doesn't reduce the number of ballots counted or change the votes on the ballots themselves. I certainly don't have any problem with the holding.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 01:36:34 pm by faberryman »

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2020, 01:36:31 pm »

I would assume the funds comes from the RNC
Craig Lamson Photo

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2020, 02:13:36 pm »

I would assume the funds comes from the RNC

I said it in jest, but since you mentioned RNC, Trump has already used a good chunk of their money on his lawyers.

Trump has spent nearly $60 million of campaign money on legal bills. Candidates need good lawyering, of course, but this number far outstrips other campaigns’ tabs because the president has drawn on political fundraising to foot the bill for his litigiousness, to pay attorneys to represent him in investigations by House Democrats and Special Counsel Robert Mueller, and to pay for the defense of aides who have been swept into legal inquiries in his various scandals.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/09/how-donald-trump-blew-1-billion-fundraising-lead/616156/

John Camp

« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2020, 03:20:04 pm »

Nothing unexpected there. The commie/lib media have called Biden the winner in Michigan. I don't know if Fox News has too. The other three states may be counting for a couple of days. Everyone would do well to take a deep breath and relax. Maybe turn off the TV and read your camera manual or something.

Wait! My camera has a manual?

faberryman

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2020, 03:36:37 pm »

Wait! My camera has a manual?

I am sure I have my camera manual somewhere. As I remember, it was the size of a pad of post-it notes, and if you read it one way it is in English, and if you read it the other way it is in some other language, perhaps Spanish or Japanese or something. Although I am pretty sure I read the whole thing once, about four or five years ago, I wouldn't swear to it. Of course, it is completely out of date, because there have been half a dozen firmware updates. But even reading an out-of-date camera manual in a language you do not speak is probably more productive than watching the election returns on TV. Your watching the coverage on TV doesn't make anything go faster, but you knew that.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 03:40:19 pm by faberryman »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2020, 04:04:15 pm »

Not going to lie, I did not think FL could out do PA on anything. 

Welp, it seems like FL has the best damn counters in the world. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

faberryman

« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2020, 04:13:05 pm »

Not going to lie, I did not think FL could out do PA on anything. 

Welp, it seems like FL has the best damn counters in the world.

What is the rationale for not starting to count the mail-in ballots until election day?

JoeKitchen

« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2020, 04:16:08 pm »

What is the rationale for not starting to count the mail-in ballots until election day?

I have no clue. 

My best guess, Republicans felt doing so would allow Dems to ballot harvest to make up the difference.  No reason you can't tabulate the vote while keeping the count secret until polls close. 

What is this, 1788?  Well, we all knew Washington was a shoo in, so is it 1796? 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 04:33:33 pm by JoeKitchen »

faberryman

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2020, 04:20:15 pm »

I think I saw that Pennsylvania may be able to finish counting the mail-in ballots tonight. I'll believe it when I see it. I am glad they got the poll watcher distance thing squared away. One less thing to litigate later.

Anyone notice that new COVID cases went over 100,000 yesterday. Deaths at 1,116. Haven't seen the demographic data.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 04:25:59 pm by faberryman »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2020, 04:32:40 pm »

Not going to lie though, regardless of who gets the big prize, I am pretty happy about the results. 

It is almost certainly the case Republicans will have a 52 seat majority in the Senate, and I was not expecting them to pick up seats in the House.  This will be the first time since 1887 that a Dem would be sworn in without his party controlling congress.  This means the entire Biden agenda is dead on arrival.  No tax hikes or a public option or a Green New Deal or increase in regulations or destroying Charter Schools or crazy marxists in cabinet positions.  Warren and Sanders can kiss their administration posts good bye.  Then, regardless of who won, I was certain (and still am) the SCOTUS would bring down a reckoning on executive orders given the brand new make-up.  No ruling by a pen and phone anymore. 

To perform damage control from Thomas, Roberts will more then likely become a consistent conservative vote so he can decide who writes the opinion. 

Republicans won big in state races in many district Dems just assumed would be theirs forever, meaning they will be in charge of the redistricting next year, cementing another 10 years. 

Progressivism is dead!  Need proof, exit polling shows an increase in support of Trump and Republicans under every demographic groups except White males after a relentless mantra of Republicans = racists for four years.  Fortunately for us, the left does not seem to want to give up on that losing message.  Conservatives are not only talking about policy, but now starting to discuss culture.  And, the real prize, CA voted down bringing back affirmative action. 

Last, and who knows if this will happen, but given the looses in the House, Pelosi may be voted out of her speakership.  That would be the icing on the cake. 

So, perhaps a fully ineffectual old grandpa President Biden may not be a bad thing. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 04:36:04 pm by JoeKitchen »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2020, 04:35:11 pm »

I think I saw that Pennsylvania may be able to finish counting the mail-in ballots tonight. I'll believe it when I see it. I am glad they got the poll watcher distance thing squared away. One less thing to litigate later.

Anyone notice that new COVID cases went over 100,000 yesterday. Deaths at 1,116. Haven't seen the demographic data.

It's amazing, I have not see a single headline on Covid since Monday night.  It's almost like the entire media suddenly decided it was no longer an issue, weird. 

I'm guessing the schools will be re-opening soon too. 

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2020, 04:35:44 pm »

IMHO, none. But each state and their legislation makes their own decisions. In a way, that independence is a states and their county's strengh. We need to be patient and respect these decisions and just allow each and every vote be counted. The time this takes is moot. Counting each vote is a fundamental foundation of our democracy.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2020, 04:41:01 pm »

It's amazing, I have not see a single headline on Covid since Monday night. 
Maybe you need to look elsewhere or harder. Three examples, many more are easy to find:

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2020, 05:21:29 pm »

Yeah, we gotta get past the election and get a leader in the USA to address:

The United States reported its highest number of new coronavirus infections in a single day -- 102,831 on Wednesday, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
And it's not just due to more testing. New cases have increased 21% over the past week, according to Johns Hopkins.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 808   Go Up