Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 472036 times)

jeremyrh

Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #5780 on: January 14, 2021, 09:46:17 am »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5781 on: January 14, 2021, 09:49:45 am »

ROFLMAO
Yes, The spouses of Kamala Harris and Joe Biden worked at warp speed to get the Trump vaccine.  I think they washed it down with bleach.

Petrus

« Reply #5782 on: January 14, 2021, 10:16:54 am »

Yes, The spouses of Kamala Harris and Joe Biden worked at warp speed to get the Trump vaccine.

I though they had been vaccinated against Trump at least a decade ago.

Anyway, it seems the Trump vaccine is quite effective with his WH staff, business partners, NYC etc etc turning finally away and against him.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #5783 on: January 14, 2021, 10:17:46 am »

The latest is that Trump doesn't want to pay Giulani's invoices, https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/13/politics/donald-trump-rudy-giuliani-legal-fees-white-house/index.html.

Who has been a more loyal dog than Rudy? But Trump jettisons him too. I feel no sympathy for Rudy though, more than most he should have known to expect this.

Those on the conservative side of the political spectrum must be worrying how much harm Trump has done to their cause. They should have been more careful who they let inside the tent, I guess.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
--
Robert

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #5785 on: January 14, 2021, 10:47:54 am »

If only we had the Trump vaccine before 2016 we could have avoided this whole mess.
-MattB

jeremyrh

« Reply #5786 on: January 14, 2021, 10:57:47 am »

"And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” 

Now it all makes sense - he was actually talking about his presidency.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5787 on: January 14, 2021, 11:17:19 am »

Well my wife and I registered with NJ Covid vaccine.  Who knows how long we'll have to wait for them to call us.  Now they're letting smokers age 16 on the list with old people.  So now there are millions more who are signing up for the vaccination.  Democrat NJ Gov. Murphy just screwed more old people like democrat Gov of NY Cuomo did earlier. 

"Gov. Phil Murphy has just announced a move to expand vaccinations beginning tomorrow – meaning that COVID 19 shots can now be administered to people age 65 and over and individuals ages 16-64 with certain medical conditions.

Beginning tomorrow, all residents ages 65 and older, and individuals ages 16-64 with certain medical conditions, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), that increase the risk of severe illness from the virus, are eligible for the vaccination.

Those conditions include cancer, chronic kidney disease, COPD, Down Syndrome, heart conditions, obesity and severe obesity, sickle cell disease, smoking, and type 2 diabetes mellitus. Individuals who are pregnant and those in an immune-compromised state from solid organ transplant are also eligible but should follow CDC guidance and first discuss vaccination with their medical provider before receiving the vaccine."

TechTalk

« Reply #5788 on: January 14, 2021, 11:30:52 am »

California taxes 10% of the profit made when you sell stock.

10% tax on stock sale is an unbelievably good deal. In Canada, we pay the marginal tax rate which for most investors comes to 53% on 50% of the capital gain, so the effective tax rate is 26.7%.

California does not tax capital gains at a fixed rate of 10%. It's just another of Alan's false assertions.

California taxes capital gains as ordinary income and  they are taxed based on which of the highly progressive tax brackets (marginal tax rate) in which you fall. If you file as a married couple making $599,000 or less the rate would be 9.3% or less depending on your exact amount of income. Joint returns with income that exceeds $1 million, the portion above $1 million would be taxed at 13.3%.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Petrus

« Reply #5789 on: January 14, 2021, 11:55:32 am »

Capital gains tax here is 30% up to 30 k€, 34% above that.

Still the society is functioning quite well, like, happiest country in the world, best Covid-19 response (least cases), etc etc...

Much of that is caused by high taxes, by the way.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 02:40:20 pm by Petrus »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5790 on: January 14, 2021, 12:12:21 pm »

California does not tax capital gains at a fixed rate of 10%. It's just another of Alan's false assertions.

California taxes capital gains as ordinary income and  they are taxed based on which of the highly progressive tax brackets (marginal tax rate) in which you fall. If you file as a married couple making $599,000 or less the rate would be 9.3% or less depending on your exact amount of income. Joint returns with income that exceeds $1 million, the portion above $1 million would be taxed at 13.3%.
I really don't like when you call me a liar.  The 10% was stated in the article I read.  If there are variables based on income, the article didn't state that.  While it's certainly appropriate for you to clarify those variables, it isn't right to call me a liar.  I'm not an expert on California tax law and this is a photo not an accounting forum. I cannot know more than the article stated. If that's where this discussion is going to stay, I'm going to add your name to my Ignore list.  Your constant personal attacks aren't appropriate and must end.

TechTalk

« Reply #5791 on: January 14, 2021, 12:24:03 pm »

I cannot know more than the article stated.

Sure you can.

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/file/personal/income-types/capital-gains-and-losses.html

"California does not have a lower rate for capital gains. All capital gains are taxed as ordinary income."

TechTalk

« Reply #5792 on: January 14, 2021, 12:26:59 pm »

I really don't like when you call me a liar.

I didn't call you a liar. I said it was a false assertion. You have to know that something is false for it to be a lie. Statements made from an ignorance of facts or false assumptions are not lies—they are false assertions.

TechTalk

« Reply #5793 on: January 14, 2021, 12:30:28 pm »

Your constant personal attacks aren't appropriate and must end.

I'm not attacking you personally. Like I said before, I'm sure you're a very nice guy personally. I'm commenting on your posts and the reasoning, or lack thereof, applied to them.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5794 on: January 14, 2021, 12:58:05 pm »

I'm not attacking you personally. Like I said before, I'm sure you're a very nice guy personally. I'm commenting on your posts and the reasoning, or lack thereof, applied to them.
You're wasting my time.  You're on my ignore list.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #5795 on: January 14, 2021, 01:11:57 pm »

Too funny.
--
Robert

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #5796 on: January 14, 2021, 01:20:55 pm »

Capital gains tax here is 30% up to 30 k€, 34% above that.
Still the society is functioning quite well, like happiest country in the world, best Covid-19 response (least cases), etc etc...
Much of that is caused by high taxes, by the way.

A long time ago, I took a ferry from Vaasa in Finland to Umea in Sweden. It was a pleasant summer sailing under 4 hours. The boat was full with happy Finns who took advantage of crossing international waters and consumed a large quantity of tax free spirits. They kept drinking until they literally fell down. It wasn't a very happy experience for the rest of the travellers. Also, on my subsequent trips to Finland I observed that the alcohol (and quite often the 100% pure variety) was an important ingredient to their happiness. I read that in the recent years the consumption of alcohol decreased slightly. Could it be due to global warming.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5797 on: January 14, 2021, 01:47:42 pm »

A long time ago, I took a ferry from Vaasa in Finland to Umea in Sweden. It was a pleasant summer sailing under 4 hours. The boat was full with happy Finns who took advantage of crossing international waters and consumed a large quantity of tax free spirits. They kept drinking until they literally fell down. It wasn't a very happy experience for the rest of the travellers. Also, on my subsequent trips to Finland I observed that the alcohol (and quite often the 100% pure variety) was an important ingredient to their happiness. I read that in the recent years the consumption of alcohol decreased slightly. Could it be due to global warming.
They probably have low Covid rates as the alcohol acts like Trump Elixir sterilizing the membranes in the mouth and throat.  8)

Peter McLennan

« Reply #5798 on: January 14, 2021, 01:50:51 pm »

Too funny indeed.  “ignore” is part of “ignorance”

TechTalk repeatedly disproves false (and frequently damaging) allegations presented here by you and others, Alan. 

If you wish to remain ignorant, that’s your prerogative, but you can’t expect us to respect your contributions here if you do.

As for “wasting my time”, well, it appears you spend more time here than anyone else.  You obviously have lots of time to “waste”.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #5799 on: January 14, 2021, 02:21:09 pm »

Sorry but I won't deal with people who continually play petty word games and make personal attacks.
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 808   Go Up