Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CaptureOne activation error  (Read 610 times)

JaapD

CaptureOne activation error
« on: October 16, 2020, 01:50:27 pm »

Let me start by mentioning that C1 with its latest built 13.1.3.13 is working just fine on my PC. However while trying to connect to CaptureOne’s activation server I get the following two errors on my Win7 PC:

1) Server connection error: “An error occurred while trying to get product information. A connection to the server could not be established”.
2) Downloading activation info error: “Unable to establish connection to the Capture One activation server”.

This lasts for 4 weeks so isn’t some kind of a temporary thing. I’ve done several checks in between, such as:
- I have disabled the firewall (although I have white listed Capture One 20.0.2).
- I don’t work through a VPN connection.
- I’ve also checked the hosts file; there is no mentioning of "activation.phaseone.com".
- Pinging to “activation.phaseone.com” works perfectly, packages sent and received without any errors.

Do any of you guys have a bright idea that can help me solve this issue? Thanks in advance for your efforts!

Cheers,
Jaap.

degrub

Re: CaptureOne activation error
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 09:54:49 pm »

Could it be a security protocol handshake issue ? TLS or something like that ?

Can you try with a different machine / OS ?

Is win7 actively supported by C1 or have they deprecated that ?
The code might run, but perhaps the licensing server software does not accept an “unsupported” OS ?

« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 09:58:37 pm by degrub »

JaapD

Re: CaptureOne activation error
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 03:36:53 am »

You’re spot on! Changing the registry from SSL 2.0 to TLS 1.2 did the trick. Problem solved.

C1 officially still supports Win7, don’t know how long that will last though.

Historically we might expect a new release in November. Let’s see what that will bring then ……

Cheers,
Jaap.

Pages: [1]   Go Up