Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Imageprograf Pro 1000 Cartridge Jam  (Read 1754 times)

IPDOUGLAS

Canon Imageprograf Pro 1000 Cartridge Jam
« on: July 02, 2020, 06:54:07 am »

Hello All,
            I would like to report what is a growing problem (derived from Canon Community USA Forums) with the Canon Imageprograf Pro 1000 experiencing ink cartridge 'jams'.

As any owner knows when a ink cartridge reaches empty then the printer will inform you and light the cartridge in question to allow replacement.  There is, according to the above source, a design fault that prevents the cartridge from being ejected/removed.  Although a number of posters have reported removing such jammed cartridges with plumbers pliers the official fix is a 'top-down' strip by Canon authorised engineers followed by a new set of ink cartridges!  The fix is more expensive than a new printer! 

Effectively, this can write-off your printer!  Those within their warranty period are OK but those not either trash the printer or use the drastic removal method!

Apparently the printer can continue with the 'rip it out' method but you risk leakage and further damage.  Additionally one or two are reporting that the problem is occurring with more than one ink cartridge.

The issue is reported to be an inherent design fault in this mechanism.

I have this issue personally (I am out of warranty at 18 months) and Canon are at the moment not helping.  I shall report back if this changes.  Meanwhile I must contemplate taking my Pro 1000 to the Municipal dump!  Not a good buy especially as it eats ink (the initial set only printed 33 A3 prints before wanting a new set of inks at £600 (around $700)!).   

Despite loving printing as an art I am being pushed towards commercial services as a £1000+ printer like this lasting less than two years is untenable.
In Vino Veritas

yssirk

Re: Canon Imageprograf Pro 1000 Cartridge Jam
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 06:39:32 pm »

Had this same exact problem ~18 months ago with my Pro-1000. Had Canon tech support on the line and they couldn't fix it and the printer was out of warranty by a month or two.  Canon shipped me a new printer anyway, and I returned the one with the stuck cartridge in the same box they shipped the new printer.

Good luck with getting this fixed!

Bill

IPDOUGLAS

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 06:56:42 am »

I am afraid Canon washed their hands on this one. 

The printer will be dumped soon and I am moving permanently to Epson
In Vino Veritas

jrsforums

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 12:33:35 pm »

My Pro-1000 is just 4 years old.  It has had more & more carts. which need to be pulled out as the spring mechanism no longer worked.

I just called Canon USA on this.  A quick explanation of the problem, a short hold, and they are sending out a new replacement.  They cautioned that I should check out the new one, before sending back the old, as there will not be any additional warranty on the new one.

Very please with Canon standing behind their product.
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up