Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 400   Go Down

Author Topic: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political  (Read 208977 times)

faberryman

Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7780 on: October 22, 2020, 10:53:34 am »

I went to a (new) dentist two weeks ago (my former guy lost his license), and he insisted on me using mouth wash he gave me for at least 30 seconds with him timing it before looking at my teeth.  My thought was, this guy is really a stickler for timing. 

I did not enquire why, but now it kind of makes sense.

When I go to the dentist, the dental hygienist always make me floss before for she begins. Happened just the other day. Maybe flossing prevents COVID too. The other thing is, and I hate to mention it, but maybe you have bad breath and the dentist is just being polite.

jeremyrh

« Reply #7781 on: October 22, 2020, 10:55:35 am »

I went to a (new) dentist two weeks ago (my former guy lost his license), and he insisted on me using mouth wash he gave me for at least 30 seconds with him timing it before looking at my teeth.  My thought was, this guy is really a stickler for timing. 

I had the same experience but I assumed it was because the usual little rinsing bowl that you spit blood into was turned off and everything was "spit into a plastic cup".

JoeKitchen

« Reply #7782 on: October 22, 2020, 10:57:09 am »

When I go to the dentist, the dental hygienist always make me floss before for she begins. Happened just the other day. Maybe flossing prevents COVID too. The other thing is, and I hate to mention it, but maybe you have bad breath and the dentist is just being polite.

Have you been gossiping with my wife? 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

JoeKitchen

« Reply #7783 on: October 22, 2020, 10:58:38 am »

I had the same experience but I assumed it was because the usual little rinsing bowl that you spit blood into was turned off and everything was "spit into a plastic cup".

You spit blood when you go to the dentist?  Yeah, in all seriousness, that is typically a sign of gingivitis.  Your gums should not bleed from just having your teeth cleaned. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

faberryman

« Reply #7784 on: October 22, 2020, 10:58:42 am »

I've suggested a little humility from the beginning.   That the game isn't over until it's over and there will be plenty of time then to compare who did a better job and why. You need a little self reflection in the meanwhile.

Just so I can plan ahead, how many innings are you suggesting we play. I mean you can say the game isn't over forever. That happens a lot when you are losing. I was playing cards the other day and one of the guys was losing his shirt. He kept saying another hand, another hand.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 11:07:41 am by faberryman »

jeremyrh

« Reply #7785 on: October 22, 2020, 11:00:24 am »

You spit blood when you go to the dentist?  Yeah, in all seriousness, that is typically a sign of gingivitis.  Your gums should not bleed from just having your teeth cleaned.
Correct, as my hygienist always tells me :-(

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #7786 on: October 22, 2020, 11:03:50 am »

Anyone who has followed this thread has seen page after page of non Americans putting down Americans as well as Trump for their seeming inability to control the spread. Interestingly, you've hardly mentioned the actions of governors who are responsible for most of it.  They are the ones making rules for their states if and when facilities can reopen that appears to cause resurgence.

So if you're so smart,  why have European rates now surpassed Americas? Why is their panic in the streets and capitals of many countries there? It seems you have the same issues as the US.  Maybe now you'll develope a little compassion instead of knocking us and our leaders all the time.

I've suggested a little humility from the beginning.   That the game isn't over until it's over and there will be plenty of time then to compare who did a better job and why. You need a little self reflection in the meanwhile.

Stop this asinine and insulting baiting. People have criticized the US handling of the pandemic, especially at the federal level but no one has made fun of sick Americans.

As to whether there is "panic in the streets of European capitals", what are you talking about?
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7787 on: October 22, 2020, 11:33:57 am »

Sorry Alan - that does not provide the requested evidence of "laughing".  So back up your claim or accept that it was just a lie.
The definition of laughing includes: ridicule; scorn. You certainly have heaped a lot of that on us.

Let me help you out again.

Heaped: direct a great deal of praise, abuse, criticism, etc. at (someone or something).

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7788 on: October 22, 2020, 11:36:05 am »

The mouthwash is part of the American Dental Association standard for cleanliness during the Covid crisis.  I was at the dentist yesterday and had it too.  Tastes like Lysol smells.  :) 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7789 on: October 22, 2020, 11:49:43 am »

Just so I can plan ahead, how many innings are you suggesting we play. I mean you can say the game isn't over forever. That happens a lot when you are losing. I was playing cards the other day and one of the guys was losing his shirt. He kept saying another hand, another hand.
Apparently the game isn't over in Europe either.

Italy Did Everything Right to Stop a Second Wave of the Coronavirus. So What Went Wrong?
https://www.thedailybeast.com/italy-did-everything-right-to-stop-a-second-wave-of-the-coronavirus-so-what-went-wrong

Czechs enter 2nd lockdown to avoid health system collapse
https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-czech-republic-prague-andrej-babis-8c1a05d3280ae8b6cd773b8e9fc952f3

Ireland in second lockdown as Germany faces record virus surge
https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20201022-ireland-in-second-lockdown-as-germany-faces-record-virus-surge

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #7790 on: October 22, 2020, 11:54:01 am »

Mouth wash is a well know measure to help keep the mouth healthy, by preventing gum diseases. It is normal good hygiene practice. Has nothing to do with preventing Covid...

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7791 on: October 22, 2020, 12:08:44 pm »

Conclusion of paper:
Within the limitations of this brief review and despite little clinical evidence, we suggest the use of preprocedural mouthwashes in dental practice to reduce SARS-CoV-2 viral load from previous dental procedures and to reduce the cross-infection risk while treating patients during the pandemic. Clinical studies, including control subjects and in large scale, are required to evaluate the efficacy of antiseptic mouthwashes on SARS-CoV-2. Research is urgently needed to determine its potential for use against this new virus.

They even suggest hydrogen peroxide as one of the effective mouthwashes.  Not Lysol, but....
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7428696/

jeremyrh

« Reply #7792 on: October 22, 2020, 12:24:18 pm »

The definition of laughing includes: ridicule; scorn. You certainly have heaped a lot of that on us.

BS. If you meant scorn, say scorn. And yes i heaped a lot on Trump - the idiot who called it a hoax, who recommended bleach, and who got Covid.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7793 on: October 22, 2020, 12:39:01 pm »

BS. If you meant scorn, say scorn. And yes i heaped a lot on Trump - the idiot who called it a hoax, who recommended bleach, and who got Covid.
It was your Churchill who said: "England and America are two countries separated by a common language."

Seems to be still going on.  :)

faberryman

« Reply #7794 on: October 22, 2020, 12:48:39 pm »

It was your Churchill who said: "England and America are two countries separated by a common language."

I agree. The word "laughing" encompasses both the smile and the sneer. A lot of people are lazy and just pick a word that may have six or eight meanings because they can't be bothered to look up the word which best conveys the intended meaning. Or they just have a limited vocabulary and don't know any better. Other people use vague words so they have a lot of wiggle room in the arguments. In the future, you might want to consider using the words "smiling" or "sneering" instead of "laughing" so people know what you are talking about.

jeremyrh

« Reply #7795 on: October 22, 2020, 12:49:04 pm »

Yeah maybe. Or maybe you're just a liar, like your hero. BTW I just watched the end of the Lesley Stahl interview - what a whining baby that guy is!

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7796 on: October 22, 2020, 12:59:39 pm »

I agree. The word "laughing" encompasses both the smile and the sneer. A lot of people are lazy and just pick a word that may have six or eight meanings because they can't be bothered to look up the word which best conveys the intended meaning. Or they just have a limited vocabulary and don't know any better. Other people use vague words so they have a lot of wiggle room in the arguments. In the future, you might want to consider using the words "smiling" or "sneering" instead of "laughing" so people know what you are talking about.
So now I have a limited vocabulary and I'm lazy.  Geez!  Maybe I'm giving too much credit for the reader's intelligence to understand the definition I'm using.   I'll have to start writing for five year olds.   

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7797 on: October 22, 2020, 01:01:42 pm »

Yeah maybe. Or maybe you're just a liar, like your hero. BTW I just watched the end of the Lesley Stahl interview - what a whining baby that guy is!
So now I'm a liar.  Is that worse than having a limited vocabulary and being lazy?

jeremyrh

« Reply #7798 on: October 22, 2020, 01:04:13 pm »

So now I'm a liar.  Is that worse than having a limited vocabulary and being lazy?

I'd have said so, but I know that being a liar is no big problem for you.

faberryman

« Reply #7799 on: October 22, 2020, 01:11:45 pm »

So now I have a limited vocabulary and I'm lazy.  Geez!  Maybe I'm giving too much credit for the reader's intelligence to understand the definition I'm using.   I'll have to start writing for five year olds.

If a word has six or eight meanings, you can't expect you audience to know which of the six or eight you mean. When you used the word "laughing", I didn't know whether you meant "smiling" or "sneering", or any of their synonyms, or one of its other meanings. That's why I asked you for a link to one of the articles you were referring to so I could figure it out. You never provided a link so how is anyone suppose to know what you are talking about.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 01:19:31 pm by faberryman »
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 400   Go Up