Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 400   Go Down

Author Topic: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political  (Read 208942 times)

jeremyrh

Re: PLAYPEN: Covid-19 Everything Political
« Reply #7760 on: October 21, 2020, 02:34:50 pm »

Read the whole post.  Everyone else knows what i'm talking about.

You think so?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7761 on: October 21, 2020, 05:06:23 pm »

Trump was about right.

The latest research has revealed that many mouthwashes and oral rinses were shown to inactivate the virus at a rate of 99% or more after only 30 seconds of gargling, and up to 99.9% after 30 seconds.
https://nypost.com/2020/10/21/mouthwash-oral-rinses-may-inactivate-human-coronavirus/

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #7762 on: October 21, 2020, 05:13:13 pm »

Trump was about right.

The latest research has revealed that many mouthwashes and oral rinses were shown to inactivate the virus at a rate of 99% or more after only 30 seconds of gargling, and up to 99.9% after 30 seconds.
https://nypost.com/2020/10/21/mouthwash-oral-rinses-may-inactivate-human-coronavirus/
I am certain that would be true in the early stages. It won't help much if it is your lungs I expect.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #7763 on: October 21, 2020, 05:31:32 pm »

Trump was about right.

Speaking about water and virus - a new study by researchers from the Zuckerberg Institute for Water Research at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU) evaluated recent studies on coronaviruses and other airborne infectious diseases in wastewater.

TORONTO -- As more countries turn to wastewater testing to measure the spread of COVID-19, researchers say more studies need to be done to ensure that wastewater containing coronaviruses do not pose a risk to human health.

“There is ample reason to be concerned about how long coronaviruses survive in wastewater and how it impacts natural water sources," lead author Dr. Edo Bar-Zeev of the BGU Zuckerberg Institute said in a press release. “Can wastewater contain enough coronaviruses to infect people? The simple truth is that we do not know enough and that needs to be rectified as soon as possible.” The study notes that it remains unclear whether treated wastewater used to fill lakes and rivers could become sources of contagion, or whether produce irrigated with wastewater and not properly disinfected could be an indirect infection route.

chez

« Reply #7764 on: October 21, 2020, 07:04:05 pm »

I am certain that would be true in the early stages. It won't help much if it is your lungs I expect.

Right...that's why you have to inject yourself with mouthwash...or bleach if you want a quicker reaction.

TechTalk

« Reply #7765 on: October 21, 2020, 08:15:17 pm »

Use of mouthwash isn't a bad idea. The conclusion from the study referenced in the story begins with...

"The rapid spread of SARS‐CoV‐2 across the world has created an unprecedented healthcare, social, and economic disaster. With the most significant mode of transmission considered to be through aerosolized droplets, wearing masks and social distancing can significantly decrease transmission and spread. However, these practices have not been universally adopted."

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/Lowering the transmission and spread of human coronavirus

Where have I frequently seen large groups of people congregate with a low percentage of masks and little to no social distancing?

https://wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Trump-Michigan-Rally.jpg
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Peter McLennan

« Reply #7766 on: October 21, 2020, 09:02:00 pm »

Everyone else knows what i'm talking about.

Nope.  We don't.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #7767 on: October 21, 2020, 09:31:03 pm »

Here's some Canadian content for a change. Randy Hillier, anti-masker MPP in Ontario, misses a golden opportunity to keep his mouth shut, https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/covid-internment-camps-debunked_ca_5f909f23c5b695a32fb0023b. He used the expression "internment camp" knowing that it might catch on, to describe nothing of the kind. And busy people who have work to do have to take time out of their day to refute his craziness.
--
Robert

faberryman

« Reply #7768 on: October 21, 2020, 09:41:46 pm »

Everyone else knows what i'm talking about.

Sorry, I lost track. Know what?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7769 on: October 22, 2020, 01:08:41 am »

Nope.  We don't.
You Europeans laughed at American infection rates.  Now the chicken has come home to roost.

John Camp

« Reply #7770 on: October 22, 2020, 01:33:00 am »

You Europeans laughed at American infection rates.  Now the chicken has come home to roost.

Europeans (plural) have only one chicken (singular?) I would have thought more.

jeremyrh

« Reply #7771 on: October 22, 2020, 02:38:48 am »

Nope. Repeating a lie doesn't make it true despite what Trump would lead you to believe.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #7772 on: October 22, 2020, 03:38:58 am »

Trump was about right.

Is this a joke? Idon't know about you, but my mouth wash is not bleach, nor do I inject it. Anyway, from the link you provide:

"Although their test did not use the current SARS-CoV-2 strain, an experiment conducted with a genetically similar type of human coronavirus aimed “to replicate the interaction of the virus in the nasal and oral cavities with the rinses and mouthwashes.”

End of story.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #7773 on: October 22, 2020, 03:48:06 am »

You think? The USA has never exited from the 1st wave, and thisis the result.

jeremyrh

« Reply #7774 on: October 22, 2020, 04:38:57 am »

Europeans (plural) have only one chicken (singular?) I would have thought more.

Well they banned US chlorinated chickens so there is a massive chicken shortage.  We are still hoping for chewing gum and nylon stockings, as well.

faberryman

« Reply #7775 on: October 22, 2020, 07:11:35 am »

Exactly which Europeans laughed? Do you have a link where I can read about this laughing business?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 09:23:46 am by faberryman »

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #7776 on: October 22, 2020, 08:44:29 am »

Many people on these forums have criticized Trump, but nobody laughed because too many Americans got sick. You often fail to make the distinction between the nation and the idiots in office, they are NOT the same thing.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7777 on: October 22, 2020, 10:10:58 am »

Anyone who has followed this thread has seen page after page of non Americans putting down Americans as well as Trump for their seeming inability to control the spread. Interestingly, you've hardly mentioned the actions of governors who are responsible for most of it.  They are the ones making rules for their states if and when facilities can reopen that appears to cause resurgence.

So if you're so smart,  why have European rates now surpassed Americas? Why is their panic in the streets and capitals of many countries there? It seems you have the same issues as the US.  Maybe now you'll develope a little compassion instead of knocking us and our leaders all the time.

I've suggested a little humility from the beginning.   That the game isn't over until it's over and there will be plenty of time then to compare who did a better job and why. You need a little self reflection in the meanwhile.

jeremyrh

« Reply #7778 on: October 22, 2020, 10:12:43 am »

Anyone who has followed this thread has seen page after page of non Americans putting down Americans as well as Trump for their seeming inability to control the spread.

Sorry Alan - that does not provide the requested evidence of "laughing".  So back up your claim or accept that it was just a lie.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #7779 on: October 22, 2020, 10:33:28 am »

Is this a joke? Idon't know about you, but my mouth wash is not bleach, nor do I inject it. Anyway, from the link you provide:

"Although their test did not use the current SARS-CoV-2 strain, an experiment conducted with a genetically similar type of human coronavirus aimed “to replicate the interaction of the virus in the nasal and oral cavities with the rinses and mouthwashes.”

End of story.

I went to a (new) dentist two weeks ago (my former guy lost his license), and he insisted on me using mouth wash he gave me for at least 30 seconds with him timing it before looking at my teeth.  My thought was, this guy is really a stickler for timing. 

I did not enquire why, but now it kind of makes sense. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 400   Go Up