Thanks to a combination of several factor resulting in the number of patients transmission going below one.
Those include vaccination, a pre-existing immunity,... that work towards building group imunity.
For the corona silulations inducate the 65% of the population would need to become imune for the pandemic to not restart as soon as confinement stops. Which us unlikely to occur with current situation before many months it seems.
Cheers,
Bernard
I just don't think this is the case. I think significantly more have already caught this then what we know.
I am damn near positive my wife and I had this in January. We had the worse cold of our lives, shortness of breadth, and both were bed ridden for days and had a mild pneumonia. Neither of us have been anywhere near precautious when going outside and interacting with people either. Now, with that said, this is a slower time of year and we normally stay inside much of the time anyway around now.
Until people do testing for anti-bodies, we have no idea where this will go.
Additionally, and what many people keep on ignoring (like you) all of the models keep on getting revised lower each and every day. Now they predicting no more then 60K deaths in the USA. This is not look to be as bad as everyone said a month ago.